Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 09:02 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,331,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
The Middle East that Obama inherited in 2009 was largely at peace, for the surge in Iraq had beaten down the al Qaeda-linked groups. U.S. relations with traditional allies in the Gulf, Jordan, Israel and Egypt were very good. Iran was contained, its Revolutionary Guard forces at home. Today, terrorism has metastasized in Syria and Iraq, Jordan is at risk, the humanitarian toll is staggering, terrorist groups are growing fast and relations with U.S. allies are strained.

Read more: The Man Who Broke the Middle East - Elliott Abrams - POLITICO Magazine

Yes, he has been a failure on EVERY front.
A total failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Yeah, the Middle East was at peace and never had a violent conflict till Obama came.

My god some people need help.
You certainly do. Your delusional.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Republicans love to talk about how important history is, but then forget all of it when it comes to Obama.
Care to explain that?

Old 08-24-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
You need help. Nobody said the Middle East never had a violent conflict.

Please learn to read. It will help you discuss the topic of this thread.
Liberals have no ability to learn to read, or to learn anything.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
We aren't over there because we are "trying to help them"...we are doing what we can to establish some kind of stability over there so that WE and the rest of the western world can be safer. The goal is to help ourselves so that they don't become our problem.

Though, right now, our government doesn't seem to know how to do that (or isn't willing to do what is needed) and the result is that our efforts are just stirring things up.
You're absolutely right. I don't understand why so many people think that sticking our head in the sand is good policy for us, especially with the knowledge that it is the goal of Islam to wipe us out. I guess they just don't believe that. Ignorance is bliss.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:16 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You're absolutely right. I don't understand why so many people think that sticking our head in the sand is good policy for us, especially with the knowledge that it is the goal of Islam to wipe us out. I guess they just don't believe that. Ignorance is bliss.
Balls. We can't stop radical Islam one dead terrorist at a time. Until we are willing to kill them all (which we never will be) we should stop wasting lives on them. How exactly is feeding more young Americans into that 3rd world meat grinder going to help settle things down? When and if the people of the ME decide that they oppose them, they will step up and stop them. ISIS is a tiny percent of the population of the ME-if the people of the ME don't want them, there will be no ISIS. Until then, our support is liable to drive more people "on the fence" to support ISIS. At best, we lose lives our our young people. The people of the ME aren't worth the sacrifice.

I can see supporting Israel against them. They are the only really civilized country in the region and the only consistent ally of ours. Otherwise...no. Why continue to try to help our enemies? I'm listening to the Sunday morning news shows right now. The efforts of the MSM and administration trying to build support for military action is disgusting. I have to wonder how much of a "wag the dog" effort this is to build support for this administration. Nothing to draw the country together than a war led by a liberal president.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:35 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,284,347 times
Quote:
You certainly do. Your delusional.
Quote:
Liberals have no ability to learn to read, or to learn anything.
Wouldn't that be "you're delusional"? In addition, no comma is used when 'or' is a conjunction for a dependent phrase. Guess what? Liberals can read and write.

Condescending hasty generalizations are so annoying.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:28 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,709,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Wouldn't that be "you're delusional"? In addition, no comma is used when 'or' is a conjunction for a dependent phrase. Guess what? Liberals can read and write.

Condescending hasty generalizations are so annoying.
Yes, but can they think?

Grammar police are annoying too. Especially when that's all they have to offer.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:35 AM

68,340 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:
The Middle East that Obama inherited in 2009 was largely at peace, for the surge in Iraq had beaten down the al Qaeda-linked groups. U.S. relations with traditional allies in the Gulf, Jordan, Israel and Egypt were very good. Iran was contained, its Revolutionary Guard forces at home. Today, terrorism has metastasized in Syria and Iraq, Jordan is at risk, the humanitarian toll is staggering, terrorist groups are growing fast and relations with U.S. allies are strained.

Read more: The Man Who Broke the Middle East - Elliott Abrams - POLITICO Magazine

Yes, he has been a failure on EVERY front.

In other news, Santa Claus is still scheduled for a December 24th flight and the Easter Bunny will be along several months later.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:38 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,799,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Prexy W & his crew cooked the books, & took advantage of 09/11 to hijack the decision-making @ the spook agencies & Legislature. He had a ready-made plan whomped up by PNAC - all they needed was a good excuse to implement it. The W admin browbeat a non-intelligence Tenet @ CIA, fired everyone who disagreed, & cowed everyone who objected to the so-called plans.

My argument was that Prexy W was dead-set on becoming a war-time president - never mind that it was a war of choice, as far as Iraq went. VP Cheney's office cooked the intel there, brought in Snowball (A. Chalabi's cousin, I believe), lied about yellowcake, lied about tubing for biochem weapons, mobile biochem labs, drones to dispense biochem weapons, & on & on.

The Kurds. After Prexy George H. W. incited the Sunni in the south of Iraq to rise up after we & the coalition liberated Kuwait, & then let them be slaughtered by Saddam's national police, & after Prexy Nixon/Sec. State Kissinger blithely sold out our dear allies & partisans, the Kurds, in order to cement our relationship with Iran (under the Shah, I believe) - it's a wonder that anyone, anywhere will do business with us @ all. The Kurds understand, of course, that our political will is a quondam thing - subject to all kinds of political whims @ home. They'll work with us, but they'll also be ready to cut & run @ the first sign of betrayal. It's the Middle East, after all ...
I do love how you left out Carter. Carter is the one who blew Iran up. Also, Clinton had at least 5 opportunities to take out Bin Laden and did nothing. We can make the case that Clinton is to blame for 911, along with the fiscal crisis by repealing Glass Steagall.

If we're going to blame politicians, as we should, we must blame all of them equally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies