Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 04:33 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,269 times

Advertisements

Ok Tea Partiers do you still like Rand Paul after his comments in Time magazine?

Senator Rand Paul on Ferguson: We Must Demilitarize the Police - TIME

It’s time to stop calling Rand Paul a tea partier - The Washington Post

Its almost like Rand Paul has stabbed you in the back if you are a Sarah Palin- law and order, build more prisons, Republican Tea Partier. As a Tea Partier do you think Rand Pauls comments about the militarization of police departments are out of line?

Old 08-15-2014, 04:47 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
I don't know why there has to be a label for everybody. I find it refreshing that Rand Paul doesn't fit neatly into anybody's predefined political box.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Food for thought since you equate Rand Paul with Sarah Palin.

As we've written before, the "tea party" tag has been vastly over-applied throughout the last few years. It was basically used on every Republican who won office in 2010, even as many of them had little to do with the movement -- either ideologically or in their actions.
The trouble with Paul is that no well-known labels seem to fit him well. While his dad, Ron Paul, is a pretty straight-line libertarian, that's not really who the younger Paul is. He's not an establishment Republican, a neo-conservative, an arch-conservative or a moderate Republican.

We still don't know what label would be better than "tea party," but it's becoming clearer and clearer that this label doesn't really fit. Maybe he's just a Rand Paul Republican.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:55 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Uhmmm....I didnt think the Tea Party was all for a militarized police. If anything I would expect the opposite.

So Im not sure what the point is here.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:06 PM

195 posts, read 154,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Ok Tea Partiers do you still like Rand Paul after his comments in Time magazine?

Its almost like Rand Paul has stabbed you in the back if you are a Sarah Palin- law and order, build more prisons, Republican Tea Partier. As a Tea Partier do you think Rand Pauls comments about the militarization of police departments are out of line?

It is confirmed you have no idea what the TEA Party is.

As a member of Ron Pauls original Tea Party, the police state is out of hand and we have said so, since the patriot act was passed.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:14 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Uhmmm....I didnt think the Tea Party was all for a militarized police. If anything I would expect the opposite.

I would agree.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:15 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,596,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

This.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:25 PM

143 posts, read 122,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManassesMomma View Post
It is confirmed you have no idea what the TEA Party is.

As a member of Ron Pauls original Tea Party, the police state is out of hand and we have said so, since the patriot act was passed.
That's because the Tea Party was astroturfed from its original libertarian underpinnings into nothing more than a bunch of loudmouth pseudo-libertarians who are disaffected by the current incumbent POTUS when in actuality, freedoms have been getting shafted long before he was ever in politics. Once the current POTUS placeholder is gone and if we get an R in the White House, I suspect a large number of these current members will go back to sleep.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:26 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Makes me like him even more. I think the OP doesn't understand the argument, position or much of anything really.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:28 PM

1,245 posts, read 924,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post

Police brutality is at an all time high in this country. It would be a good thing to demilitarize the police.

Watch this video when you have some free time, viewer discretion is advised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qEr_mZf06Y
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies