Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 01:28 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
people keep saying this but i havent seen anyone actually show where he confessed to it ?

Also, You are sentenced to death for stealing cigars ??????
he wasn't killed for stealing cigars imo. what are you basing that on?

Old 08-25-2014, 01:30 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,948,380 times
These thugs know who to mess with, Michael Brown targeted a weak convenience store owner/clerk whom he knew would not retaliate. I'd like to see this coward pull that shyt in Brooklyn, they'll put a cap in his azz before he can blink an eye, pos.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:30 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
People really need reading comprehension classes:

Please inform us of your definiation of what "Taken part in the theft" means to you......
More FUD. That's a 3rd hand report. Show the source and quote where the attorney says they committed a robbery - not a 3rd hand media report.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:31 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,893 times
One other thing I agreed with him on is that supporters of Wilson are portrayed by the right wing as supporters while supporters of Brown are portrayed as dividers, he is so right on that double standard.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:33 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
A robbery is a robbery whether a complaint is filed or not.
I think you guys are wrong. Regardless of what the video shows. . .a Robbery by law requires that something must be taken without consent.

If the "victim" decides not to press charges, the prosecution can not proceed on Robbery. . So therefore he can't be convicted of robbery.

Maybe a lesser charge (crime against the state, theft) could be charged - but I don't see it happening.

For all we know, and without the owner of the store being subpoena. They argued over the price, it got heated, but the guy left with an accommodation.

Wonder why people just love to jump to conclusions on really flimsy evidence.

I for one won't be calling anyone a thief or a robber unless their is some sort of judicial conclusion as such.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:36 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,948,380 times
Pandering much. . . we'll see if he puts his money where his mouth is.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:38 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,446,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
More FUD. That's a 3rd hand report. Show the source and quote where the attorney says they committed a robbery - not a 3rd hand media report.
here ya go

Police: Michael Brown stopped because he blocked traffic | MSNBC

Old 08-25-2014, 01:42 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Why in the name of all that is holy is everyone so fixated on robbery/non-robbery???

The only events that actually matter is an apparent attempt to arrest, a struggle between Brown and the policeman, Brown attempting to run away and the officer gunning down Michael Brown. The officer needs to justify his use of deadly force. By any measure, the officer's use of deadly force was absolutely over-the-top. Shooting somebody six times "in self defense"??

When this whole story was just breaking, I repeatedly said I'd wait for footage from camera in the police car or on the officer's chest. Many police departments require them. Ferguson doesn't. That leaves us with a whole lot of he said/she said. It really comes down to the witnesses at this point. If their versions are as convoluted and conflicting as I keep hearing about, the officer can claim just about anything he wants and he walk away.

If nothing else good comes of it, at least this should pressure any police departments who do not currently have cameras to get them ASAP. They protect the public from bad cops and they protect good cops from false accusations.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:46 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I think you guys are wrong. Regardless of what the video shows. . .a Robbery by law requires that something must be taken without consent.

If the "victim" decides not to press charges, the prosecution can not proceed on Robbery. . So therefore he can't be convicted of robbery.

Maybe a lesser charge (crime against the state, theft) could be charged - but I don't see it happening.

For all we know, and without the owner of the store being subpoena. They argued over the price, it got heated, but the guy left with an accommodation.

Wonder why people just love to jump to conclusions on really flimsy evidence.

I for one won't be calling anyone a thief or a robber unless their is some sort of judicial conclusion as such.

So if the owner is too fearful to make a complaint, no robbery occurred?
Is that what yer sayin'?

Old 08-25-2014, 01:48 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Why in the name of all that is holy is everyone so fixated on robbery/non-robbery???

The only events that actually matter is an apparent attempt to arrest, a struggle between Brown and the policeman, Brown attempting to run away and the officer gunning down Michael Brown. The officer needs to justify his use of deadly force. By any measure, the officer's use of deadly force was absolutely over-the-top. Shooting somebody six times "in self defense"??

Why the obsession with bullet count?
Only the last round stopped him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies