Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 05:13 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
I couldn't believe what he said a couple of days ago concerning Ferguson. Then got on all black people concerning voting Obama into office. Used to be a fan of his but now I see his true colors. It's a shame.
Do you understand that racism is disliking or judging a race because of that race?

It isn't racist to say something negative about a black person unless what you're saying is due to that person being black. It does not magically become prejudice to say something bad about someone if that person is a member of some minority.

He insulted the Ferguson people because they were looting, not because they were black.

He insulted the people who voted for Obama because they voted for Obama, not because they were black.

Do you comprehend the difference?

Old 08-25-2014, 05:25 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
Quote:
You all don't understand the context here. He called the rioters, who were black, animals. Black people have been called animals all throughout American history. It doesn't matter what their doing. To call them that means Sorbo is completely ignorant of that history. Yet besides all that, he get's on the black community about Obama. Making it seem like we are separating ourselves from the rest of America by calling ourselves "African Americans". Only a racist thinks like that.
Just a quick question for you and others of your ideology.

How does rioting and looting become justified in case such as this?

Protesting, peacefully, certainly. But stealing from your own community? How is this right?

Old 08-25-2014, 05:36 PM

17,614 posts, read 17,649,156 times
Quote:
I couldn't believe what he said a couple of days ago concerning Ferguson. Then got on all black people concerning voting Obama into office. Used to be a fan of his but now I see his true colors. It's a shame.
He called those looting and rioting animals, which they were. His statement wasn't racist.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:42 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I wouldn't say all the protestors were losers or animals, but all of the looters were. Sorbo was just being politically incorrect, something that ruffles feathers.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:42 PM

7,724 posts, read 12,618,642 times
There's nothing I do not disagree with Sorbo about. But the fact of the matter is, he is an actor. His job relies on the public to feed his demand in Hollywood to give him work. Pissing off even a third of his audience (even if they're wrong) doesn't bode well for him. He really needs to learn to avoid social commentary. I believe in freedom of speech but when you are an actor, you have a bigger platform than the average American and if you say something that in some people's minds are "controversial", the media will pick it up, poke at it, and make you look horrible. Then you lose work and money.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:15 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,956 times
of course he's a racist, no doubt about it, he white and conservative, that 100% racist according to obama

Old 08-25-2014, 06:36 PM

17,614 posts, read 17,649,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
There's nothing I do not disagree with Sorbo about. But the fact of the matter is, he is an actor. His job relies on the public to feed his demand in Hollywood to give him work. Pissing off even a third of his audience (even if they're wrong) doesn't bode well for him. He really needs to learn to avoid social commentary. I believe in freedom of speech but when you are an actor, you have a bigger platform than the average American and if you say something that in some people's minds are "controversial", the media will pick it up, poke at it, and make you look horrible. Then you lose work and money.
So you believe a third of the country agree with looters and rioters?

Old 08-25-2014, 07:07 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,792,982 times
Who?

Old 08-25-2014, 07:41 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,446,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Things are tough all over. The special kid that needs the kid gloves year after year is getting a little annoying. The victim mentality helps no one. Society has already paid a HUGE price for the greed of slavery. Good luck with building one another up. and the community. Pride is something to build on. "Dont need no sympathy or charity.. If anything I give it". That attitude may lead you in a positive direction. I went to the same schools but wasnt allowed as many choices of schools, sat in front of the same teachers held the same jobs... and the banker wouldnt give me a loan unless I have collateral or a co-signer and theres a little thing they call a credit score these days. If you wanna "wholly adress" anything you have to be real.

So you believe the victim mentality is holding black people back? There's definitely things black people need to do and change their way of thinking. However understand it's the history that put us in this situation we're in today. Let me ask you something, what was the benefit of slavery? In other words how did that history benefit african americans? That's a whole lot of history. Almost 300 years and at the end of the day, what did it profit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post

I'm saying that 150 years and a lot of legislation geared to having Blacks rise in Society has been enough. Blacks must make some small effort at some point in history to help themselves. All other races seem capable of doing so.
No legislation ever helped black people. Whatever legislation that happened, fell under the category of helping all people. Some black people benefited, most didn't. That's been the history. It took almost another hundred years before black people had any real rights. No law ever helped black people specifically. Yet through it all, we tried to pull ourselves up. We were met with aggression every time. This is the history most are trying to sweep under the rug. If I am saying anything in this day, I'm simply voicing the grievances my
ancestors were afraid to put out there for fear of their life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Most black kids stayed behind in those sub-par schools," B.S Haven't you ever hear of BUSING?

How old are you?

Are YOU educated?

How did YOU get educated and the other blacks CANNOT?
I can tell you that my elementary school was segregated, and that was back in the 90s. So if they were segregated then, I imagine most black kids who lived in black neighborhoods, stayed at their lowly budgeted schools after the Civil Rights Movement. There were more kids who stayed there, than kids who integrated at white majority schools. Today you might have more busing of kids to certain schools.

Of course I grew up in a good neighborhood. The atmosphere allowed me to stay in school and get an education. I imagine it would have been much harder if I was living in poverty. Stats say over a third of our population lives in poverty. In reality it's closer to 50%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Last time I checked, most african americans voted for Obama."

So by Sorbo saying those that rioted ALSO voted for Obama is racist? Of cours you CLAIMED he said ALL blacks which I proved wrong yet you ignore a response to that.

Just about everything you claim is racist.

WHY did you claim he said something when I proved he didn't. Racist?

Let's see, he said something you don't like about blacks, even though he didn't say what you claimed. Racist?

So by YOUR "reasoning" because he is white he is a racist.

It could ALSO then be claimed because YOU complain about a white, that makes YOU racist.

It could be said that what you say is weird and that ALL of your posts are racist.

Se how that goes?

Over 90% of black people voted for Obama. (Some say 97%) That's pretty close to all black people. The fact he stated that comment, even making a snide remark about the phrase "African American", shows his thoughts about black people in general. It was unprovoked. What does voting for Obama has to do with what's going on in Ferguson? What does Obama doing something for the black community has to do with the looters? If these were white looters, would he had made those statements about Obama etc? So you see he connected these black looters to black problems, and basically these black people were animals. (See his reference about blaming the "Man")

Nobody on earth would connect all that with this situation. I would give you the calling the looters animals part if it began and ended there, even though that's not very Christian-like. Yet he connected all of this as black people problems. That's racist tendencies.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:41 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,172,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
I didn't know that Blacks were the only ones who voted for Obama. Oh well, live and learn.

When you vote as a block 95+ % for Obama, you get lumped into whatever happens. So apparently they all think the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies