Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 06:34 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,551,856 times

Advertisements

As soon as the Bots get their Isis is evil talking points from OFA, they'll sing a different tune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 06:44 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,868,200 times
Congress should vote to authorize the Prez to pursue ISIS no matter where they are... But, it's doubtful they will go on record for anything before Nov elections.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Congress should vote to authorize the Prez to pursue ISIS no matter where they are... But, it's doubtful they will go on record for anything before Nov elections.
I doubt they will authorize anything. As a matter of fact they are more likely to attack him for what has been done already. If they can't attack him directly they will find another way to sabotage the effort.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:55 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Wait until they publically kill the American woman they have prisoner, if you do not think America will demand the Government wipe the planet clean of these monsters you are delusional. ISIS is digging themselves into a hole they will not be able to get out of, they are so radical even the worst of the worst terrorist organizations do not want anything to do with them. There is photographic proof this group is killing innocent women and children and committing acts of genocide and if the world is not outraged over their actions and willing to act if they are not stopped then there really are no good reasons to act. I know of no God, Christian, Jew, or Islamic that justifies the monstrous acts being committed, and hopefully there will come a day of judgment for these monsters, and the sooner the better.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Correct, because there is Nothing more important than Politics. Jeeez, this Nation has lost it's way.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I doubt they will authorize anything. As a matter of fact they are more likely to attack him for what has been done already. If they can't attack him directly they will find another way to sabotage the effort.
They will attack him no matter what he does, even when they are actually backing his actions, talk about insanity

Old 08-27-2014, 09:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,562,839 times
Default All this ISIS talk is eerily similar to the run-up to the Iraq War

I've noticed that.

Soon, we'll be hearing brave pronouncements from the chickenhawks once they return from their 5 week congressional recess.

I say, leave ISIS alone. Let them obliterate as many towns/people/oil wells as it takes for the nearby and well equipped militaries of Jordan, Turkey, Egypt, Saudi, etc to take care of their problem.

Not our issue.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The similarities with Afghanistan is the fact that there was no question about Al Qaeda being in Afghanistan, so there was no need to fabricate evidence to build a case (like we did in Iraq). We knew they were there, and we knew they were the enemy of the US. Same with ISIS in Iraq / Syria, so the attack was justified. ISIS has announced their desire and intention to harm the US and US Citizens, so it is a no-brainer that something needs to be done to stop them.
Hmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Wait until they publically kill the American woman they have prisoner, if you do not think America will demand the Government wipe the planet clean of these monsters you are delusional. ISIS is digging themselves into a hole they will not be able to get out of, they are so radical even the worst of the worst terrorist organizations do not want anything to do with them. There is photographic proof this group is killing innocent women and children and committing acts of genocide and if the world is not outraged over their actions and willing to act if they are not stopped then there really are no good reasons to act. I know of no God, Christian, Jew, or Islamic that justifies the monstrous acts being committed, and hopefully there will come a day of judgment for these monsters, and the sooner the better.
I simply don't think we're capable of defeating them on Arab soil.

At best, I think we could have some success in a proxy war...but that's fraught with potential problems down the line.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:55 AM

39,082 posts, read 51,266,875 times
Desertdetroiter, you are so right. This is the same old same old I have been seeing since I was a grunt in a pointless war in Vietnam. I just shake my head in disbelief that the people of this country can fall for this crap over and over and over again. Honestly, the war mongers don't even both to change the narrative - just the name of the latest "threat". What the F is wrong with us?

Old 08-27-2014, 11:01 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,392,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You lack the ability to get rid of the pests.

ISIS will not and can not be defeated by an American Army. Sorry.
LOL. You are sooooo wrong. We have the ability. What we lack is the will to simply nuke the major areas of human habitation, and cleanup whats left with aircraft and drones.

And im not saying its bad that we lack the will, just pointing it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies