Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 10:59 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I think we are a nation of laws and as long as a person does not violate those they should have the right to say what they wish unless it is intended to hurt or offend.

Who decides what another's intentions are?

Why should speech that offends be illegal when the speaker has no control over who is or is not offended?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 11:54 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
See how you twisted yourself in a pretzel there ~ and ended up saying absolutely nothing?
No, I understood perfectly what he said.

A person says something supposedly impartial but only includes a reference to conservatives in their point and by doing so they end up getting to take a partisan shot while claiming to be fair and reasonable.

Just because you didn't understand that, doesn't mean he didn't make a valid point.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:02 AM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dempsey's Left Foot View Post
Ya know, this reminds me of a time that my brother and I were hanging out with my uncle at a family reunion. We were looking at a bunch of people across the park from us, not knowing what exactly they were doing (lining up for a photo? Impromptu football game?), and my uncle said to us that it looks like "they were doing a Chinese circlejerk." Now, I have no idea what this means, or if this was one of those phrases that was said by people in the 1930's who'd never met a minority before, like "jewed down" or "indian giver," and neither did my brother. We just kinda stared at our uncle for a little while..
That reminds me of the first time I went out with some friends from the UK. I uncomfortably stared at the floor a couple of times when they said f a g. You see, I didn't know they were talking about cigarettes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies