Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 08:07 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,232,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
When they show up knocking at my door here in Cochise County, Arizona.

....and not a minute before. I'm not buying the military industrial complex hype anymore. Sorry.
So if there are active Isis in the us or just where you live it's a prroblem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 08:09 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,241,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Better warn ISIS to stay out of Cochise County. There's a one-man army there that will decimate them.
Meh...I'm not all that worried. I'm gonna die one day regardless.

If ISIS gets me, they get me. (Shrug)

Old 08-29-2014, 08:10 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,244,182 times
Meanwhile, a repeat of Babi Yar occurred and the liberals stick their heads in the dirt and go LALALALALALALA.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:12 AM

21,486 posts, read 10,596,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
It must be just where he lives, because we already have some ISIS people in our country as evidenced by the tweets from Chicago and elsewhere inside the USA. It's a pretty good campaign to instill fear in the populous. These guys aren't your typical goat herders. They seem pretty educated and aware of just how to fund their movement and use technology against the West.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:12 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,952,575 times
Quote:
Yes...what we did in Iraq was all for nothing.

And I'm fine with that.
Yes, it has been all for nothing, yet our words and promises to other nations is flat. How can we ask countries to do this below and then sit and watch? How can we tear up a country and say do it yourself? If we are not going to get involved we need to stop asking countries to give up their defenses.

The PJ Tatler » Ukraine: On Second Thought, Maybe We Shouldn’t Have Given Up Our Nuclear Weapons

If Bill Clinton’s was the Animal House presidency, then Ukraine is realizing that it made the mistake of trusting Clinton, and by extension America.

Ukraine gave up its nuclear weapons in 1994 on the promise that the U.S., UK and Russia would respect its territorial integrity. Ukraine didn’t sign on to the Budapest Memorandum because it feared a British invasion. Based on its history with its neighbor, it feared a Russian invasion. It wanted backup for giving up the one serious deterrent that it had for preventing such an invasion.

“We gave up nuclear weapons because of this agreement,” said Rizanenko, a member of the Udar Party headed by Vitali Klitschko, a candidate for president. “Now there’s a strong sentiment in Ukraine that we made a big mistake.”

His statements come as Russia raised the possibility it may send its troops beyond the Crimean peninsula on the Black Sea into the eastern half of Ukraine.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Why are you folks getting so froggy?

Simply put, I'm not worried about ISIS. I don't know what else to tell you. But there's nothing you can say to make me fearful.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:15 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,232,710 times
Quote:
Why are you folks getting so froggy?

Simply put, I'm not worried about ISIS. I don't know what else to tell you. But there's nothing you can say to make me fearful.
You said you would be worried if they came to your towni

Old 08-29-2014, 08:16 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,952,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Why NOT thinking about them? Many of these infantry folks have served 3 or 4 tours already. You want Iraq war, part three?!
I am asking why do we need to fight with people on the ground? Many options are available, why are you only thinking of sending bodies to fight? Are you thinking all of this isn't going to be WW3 if we just sit.

After all, if we just pull out and mind our own business they will leave us alone, correct?

Old 08-29-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Yes, it has been all for nothing, yet our words and promises to other nations is flat. How can we ask countries to do this below and then sit and watch? How can we tear up a country and say do it yourself? If we are not going to get involved we need to stop asking countries to give up their defenses.

The PJ Tatler » Ukraine: On Second Thought, Maybe We Shouldn’t Have Given Up Our Nuclear Weapons

If Bill Clinton’s was the Animal House presidency, then Ukraine is realizing that it made the mistake of trusting Clinton, and by extension America.

Ukraine gave up its nuclear weapons in 1994 on the promise that the U.S., UK and Russia would respect its territorial integrity. Ukraine didn’t sign on to the Budapest Memorandum because it feared a British invasion. Based on its history with its neighbor, it feared a Russian invasion. It wanted backup for giving up the one serious deterrent that it had for preventing such an invasion.

“We gave up nuclear weapons because of this agreement,” said Rizanenko, a member of the Udar Party headed by Vitali Klitschko, a candidate for president. “Now there’s a strong sentiment in Ukraine that we made a big mistake.”

His statements come as Russia raised the possibility it may send its troops beyond the Crimean peninsula on the Black Sea into the eastern half of Ukraine.
That's EXACTLY why we shouldn't have allies. We shouldn't make promise to other nations.

Americans aren't gonna risk their sons to save the Ukraine.

In fact, there's no country that I'd send my own son to defend outside of our own.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:17 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,370,040 times
Quote:
You said you would be worried if they came to your towni
A major attack on the east cost will still go to his town.

It will get there because the economy will take a dive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies