Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 04:14 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Typo, obviously and it has been corrected. How do I come to that point. Spend a while reading through a dozens of posts by mindless partisans who whine like petulant little children and it becomes quite easy. The forum tends mostly partisan since internet forums are a sausage fest so I typically end up pointing out the stupidity of arguments that people have dreamed up based on ignorance and emotion alone.

It's not that complicated.
There's that word "emotion" worked into your post again! I think you are trying to sound intelligent. You must have read something recently about "emotional" responses vs. "intellectual." Unfortunately, you don't know how to discern the difference. Everything seems to be an "emotional response" to you.

I also think you are a "wannabe" writer, with no writing skills. You should also learn how the forum works. You confuse people when you always respond only to the OP, and not directly to a particular post by another. Someone reading one of your posts, who has not followed every post in sequence, has no idea what you are talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 05:37 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Here in Michigan we have had the coldest summer I ever remember.

The furnace has ran more than the air conditioner.

I do see the last link was from 2013.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:51 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
I`m not sure but I think Republicans play golf too. Boehner probably has a lot of rounds played in the last 5 weeks that he`s been on vacation.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:25 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
There are so many threads about golf these days. I guess golf is the top subject in the echo chamber. When right wing radio speaks, the forum reverberates. In any case, keep in mind that Obama is not playing alone. His foursome includes captains of industry, CEO's, bankers, and lobbyists. They are plotting a better America for you and me.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:34 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Take heart all you golf haters.....:

U.S. Golf Course Closures Exceed Openings for Eighth Year - Bloomberg

They're attempting to revitalize the game by installing larger 15" cups in the greens AND moving to a kick-ball type of golf where something akin to a soccer ball is kicked from it's own tee box around a course with number of kicks being counted as strokes.

Golf dying out due to cost of running and maintaining courses is a very distinct possibility.

Carving golf courses out of the Arizona desert then watering the damn things constantly to encourage a paltry grass cover over desert gravel that ruins your club if you take a divot just doesn't make any kind of sense whatsoever if you're running out of water and value the game at all.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:43 AM

2,025 posts, read 4,176,333 times
I wonder when they will stop using precious water on golf courses in the drought stricken southwest and Kali? It seems a bit obscene to have those verdant swathes of grass in the middle of deserts while farmers and ranchers can't get the water they need. But I guess the residents can eat golf balls if they get hungry.

It's kind of the same general scheme they have planned for solving AGW. Substitute water on the golf course for the privilege of using carbon dioxide producing materials. The 1%'s are all for saving the planet by restricting your life as long as it doesn't impact their lifestyle. This is why thinking folks should question golf courses and AGW/ACC/unicorn farms.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:50 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Hopefully no restaurant will ever cook my properly.
Yes, properly, cooked, is properly denied.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:00 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
Getting away from the 'Obama golfs' side-show...

It is foolish for the Southwestern states to continue to build golf courses and fountains when they are in a drought of Biblical proportions. It's foolish to continue to drive huge trucks or SUVs back and forth to an office job when gas is so costly. It is foolish to argue about petty politics in the face of obvious and growing issues instead of working to solve them.

But that's humanity for you...

Old 08-30-2014, 09:18 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,069 times
I wonder what would happen if Obama took up shooting and started collecting guns? I am guessing the Tea Party would come out on the side of restricting ownership of guns. Maybe the Tea Party can run on "Tea Partiers against golf courses" in 2016.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:21 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
I wonder what would happen if Obama took up shooting and started collecting guns? I am guessing the Tea Party would come out on the side of restricting ownership of guns. Maybe the Tea Party can run on "Tea Partiers against golf courses" in 2016.
did your girlfriend join the tea party or something? is that the reason for the obsession?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies