Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 08:10 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
"I enjoyed killing people. The more outrageous and unjust the murders were, the more I felt something. A man without any conscience craves feelings … any kinda feelings.

I killed for some feelings. I lost count at 165 kills, but I guess it’s been a bunch.

I’m not asking for a pity party. All I wanted in Iraq was to continue murdering without anyone but my handlers in intelligence … my cover … and my comrades knowing about it."

A Grunt's Memoirs
Not sure I agree with this Jack Speer on his opinion above. Thanks for leading me to this: THE INSANITY OF SADDAM HUSSEIN’S HUMAN MEAT GRINDER | Veterans Today

Interesting if true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 08:28 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
"I enjoyed killing people. The more outrageous and unjust the murders were, the more I felt something. A man without any conscience craves feelings … any kinda feelings.

I killed for some feelings. I lost count at 165 kills, but I guess it’s been a bunch.

I’m not asking for a pity party. All I wanted in Iraq was to continue murdering without anyone but my handlers in intelligence … my cover … and my comrades knowing about it."

A Grunt's Memoirs
I've studied with a grief counselor and this is what I have learned so far.

Although everybody needs to be the best counselor, a counselor is not responsible for the results. A therapist tried to take the attitude that he has been blessed with certain skills and he is to use those skills to the best of his ability to be of maximum service to those who have been placed in his care. At the end of the day, if he has performed to the best of his ability, then he has done all he could do – thus, the therapist has no residual stress – and he can sleep well.

Same concept applies to the profession of a soldier.

They have to be present in the here and now to their families and friends. when they recognize that their skills are a gift that they have been blessed with, then they are much less prone to feel that their professional title makes them apart from others. They are different in that they are all different. They all have abilities of one form or another, each useful to others if used appropriately.

My own brother was a peace time Force Recon who has done several ops overseas. If I remember this correctly, they have psychological evaluation after each and every operation. The people who are not operation capable would have been processed out. You cannot be trigger happy, nor can you feel guilty for what you have done. It is what it is.

War is a dirty business. Your enemies are savages who deserve to die. At the same time, you follow strict rules of engagement to prevent you from being trigger happy.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:

A Grunt's Memoirs
You forgot the last paragraph of this

"a grunt's memoirs"

lol

"Note: The above is not an actual testimonial. It is an account of what the author believes to be going on with our Middle Eastern wars."

A Grunt's Memoirs

haha This is great.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:45 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You forgot the last paragraph of this

"a grunt's memoirs"

lol

"Note: The above is not an actual testimonial. It is an account of what the author believes to be going on with our Middle Eastern wars."

A Grunt's Memoirs

haha This is great.
It would appear that the hero was killed by a grunt with a sense of "justice".

Dat danged hero may have triggered his own death.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:53 AM

Hero is a vague term. Different people have different definition of "HERO."

He was a skilled soldier who saved a lot of soldiers and Marines in battle field. That is how I view Chris Kyle.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:

Although everybody needs to be the best counselor, a counselor is not responsible for the results. A therapist tried to take the attitude that he has been blessed with certain skills and he is to use those skills to the best of his ability to be of maximum service to those who have been placed in his care. At the end of the day, if he has performed to the best of his ability, then he has done all he could do – thus, the therapist has no residual stress – and he can sleep well.

Same concept applies to the profession of a soldier.
Hey! Be all you can be, said the grunt.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Hey! Be all you can be, said the grunt.
Meh. There are psychos in every profession. Said common sense.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
It would appear that the hero was killed by a grunt with a sense of "justice".

Dat danged hero may have triggered his own death.
The "rifle range therapy" seems to have backfired.

My Ford does that every once in a while when I don't keep it tuned.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:06 AM

well, it is obvious to me that the battle between Chris Kyle's wife and Jesse Ventura is over. It should be that way. A widow has the right to grieve. She is not subject to useless, ruthless, mean spirited speculation.

Mom told me "If you want to pick on somebody, pick on somebody your own size." I am a girl who is 117lb, but I would not pick on a dead man's wife with even words. Chris Kyle is not even here to defend himself anymore. Okay?

Old 01-26-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
well, it is obvious to me that the battle between Chris Kyle's wife and Jesse Ventura is over. It should be that way. A widow has the right to grieve. She is not subject to useless, ruthless, mean spirited speculation.

Mom told me "If you want to pick on somebody, pick on somebody your own size." I am a girl who is 117lb, but I would not pick on a dead man's wife with even words. Chris Kyle is not even here to defend himself anymore. Okay?
Slander has been known to cause collateral damage.

Sometimes it explodes with anti-slander.

For every slander, there is an equal and opposite, anti-slander. (Sometimes)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies