Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 08:25 AM

1,259 posts, read 828,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes, it is your right to conduct yourself as you please. It is my right not to like what you are doing.
It is not my right to force you to stop what I don't like.

Yes, you are lazy. You are too lazy to protect yourself from all forms of aggression. We live in a big bad world, no matter how much sugar you wish to sprinkle on it.
I think you live in a big bad world, it's called paranoia. I live in the world that was never as safe as it now and don't have to think about my safety all the time. I feel sorry that you have to think about your safety all time and wish you could move somewhere that you'd be safer: France, Germany, Canada, Australia - all of these countries are few times safer than ours.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:33 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
I think you live in a big bad world, it's called paranoia. I live in the world that was never as safe as it now and don't have to think about my safety all the time. I feel sorry that you have to think about your safety all time and wish you could move somewhere that you'd be safer: France, Germany, Canada, Australia - all of these countries are few times safer than ours.
You must be paranoid if you have a fire extinguisher in your house.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:54 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Personally, I could care less if your AR was modified with a happy switch.
It is actually your right to have and possess any weapon you please.

Free Will then comes into play, as to your own individual actions with that weapon.
America was a much more politer and mannered society, when everyone had a weapon within reach.
I was just trying to figure out what another poster means when they use the term "machine gun" and in my book a gun does require that "happy switch" as you call it to meet the definition of machine gun.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
So you admit that there are times you do have to look out for your safety, noted.

There is a big difference between paranoia and preparedness, one is based on baseless fears the other is based on known fears. Go work or walk through some of the rougher areas of NYC late at night and let us know how baseless every one else's fears are, that is if you are still able to. Many have to live or work in rough areas and others live far from 911 assistance, where I live if you call 911 for the police/sheriff the average wait time is 20 minutes, do you have any idea what can happen in 20 minutes?

Old 09-09-2014, 09:03 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Freud explained it:
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.”

Makes sense.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You must be paranoid if you have a fire extinguisher in your house.

You're delusional if you think that your extinguisher can put out a real fire lol

Old 09-09-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So you admit that there are times you do have to look out for your safety, noted.

There is a big difference between paranoia and preparedness, one is based on baseless fears the other is based on known fears.

Go work or walk through some of the rougher areas of NYC late at night and let us know how baseless every one else's fears are, that is if you are still able to.
Do you really think than in those really rough areas of NYC a gun would provide you with safety? Lol

Old 09-09-2014, 09:54 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,139 times
Quote:
I feel sorry that you have to think about your safety all time and wish you could move somewhere that you'd be safer: France, Germany, Canada, Australia - all of these countries are few times safer than ours.
Wrong, as usual as with all communists. Yes, Progressives are communists, it's their history. And here's a history lesson about safety statistics (this is Australia's)

"* Between 1995 and 2007, Australia's murder rate saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.

* During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.

* Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.

* Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

* At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.

* Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.

While this doesn't prove that more guns would impact crime rates, it does prove that gun control is a flawed policy. Furthermore, this highlights the most important point: gun banners promote failed policy regardless of the consequences to the people who must live with them, says the Examiner.

Source: Howard Nemerov, "Australia experiencing more violent crime despite gun ban," D.C. Examiner, April 8, 2009. "

Old 09-09-2014, 10:11 AM

Yes. And my friend's 8 years old son improved his 100 meters freestyle time by 25% within a year, while Michael Phelps can only dream about such an improvement. Must be the cereal, right?

Here:

We're still better than Honduras, Mexico and Somalia, though.

Well, were worse then Chile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
Wrong, as usual as with all communists. Yes, Progressives are communists, it's their history. And here's a history lesson about safety statistics (this is Australia's)

"* Between 1995 and 2007, Australia's murder rate saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.

* During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.

* Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.

* Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

* At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.

* Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.

While this doesn't prove that more guns would impact crime rates, it does prove that gun control is a flawed policy. Furthermore, this highlights the most important point: gun banners promote failed policy regardless of the consequences to the people who must live with them, says the Examiner.

Source: Howard Nemerov, "Australia experiencing more violent crime despite gun ban," D.C. Examiner, April 8, 2009. "

Last edited by random_thoughts; 09-09-2014 at 10:23 AM..

Old 09-09-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
You're delusional if you think that your extinguisher can put out a real fire lol
It can if you do not waste time waiting for someone else to do it for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies