Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 05:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
oh noes....

Got a better source, it is hard to verify the Blaze articles, and we all know it is a very biased source. Should I post a counter article from MoveOn, you would believe it about as much as I believe something out of the Blaze.

When you click on "READ MORE", it takes you to their source.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:58 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Sure, you go enjoy your "freedom" I'd rather enjoy my lower murder rate Good luck. lol

2012 murder rates:

New York- 3.5
Texas - 4.4
Louisiana - 10.8
Alabama - 7.1
Georgia - 5.9
Florida - 5.2
Arkansas - 5.9

Murder Rates Nationally and By State | Death Penalty Information Center
And you really believe that there is that big of a difference between 3.5 and 4.4......You're living in a dream world dude!

You do know that the government likes to play with numbers don't you?

Old 09-09-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Good link, thanks. Interesting part (my bolding):

In short, it appears that he sold guns (well, parts...) that may have been illegal. If I'd been fooled by someone (who should know the ins and outs of his business) into buying a weapon modification that turned out to be against the law, I think I'd prefer a request to hand over the illegal part now rather than blundering into a felony charge later.

This goes for all regulated goods, as far as I'm concerned. If a garage starts mounting parts that aren't street legal in vehicles belonging to the general public, of course we'd expect an effort to get the vehicles brought back to legal state again.

(Don't start a debate about whether detachable magazines should be allowed. Different subject. However I will concede, and gladly so, that if the law is so vague that it's hard to know whether a weapon is compliant, it's a very poorly written law.)

According to the chains on our government, in the 2nd amendment, no gun or gun part can be made illegal to own or possess. PERIOD end of story.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:03 AM

1,259 posts, read 828,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
So you are saying the NY has gun registration for all of the gang members... And NY isn't that safe.....NY is full of gang members and drug dealers...... Just because NY has 3 less murders on Friday than some where else doesn't mean that is is safe.....
Youre watching way to much TV, New York City is much safer than Dallas and Houston:

2012 Murder rates

NYC - 5.1

Houston - 10.0
Dallas - 12.4

United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
It's none of the states business how many and what type of guns I might own...
Nope, the citizens have the right to know.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:09 AM

Quote:
"Communist" New York State is safer than most states, I'd like to keep it this way. Of course the state should know who owns a gun, that's the purpose of gun registration, and even more who owns an illegal gun.

Tyrants will always need the intelligence about their enemies, that wish to remain free from the boot on their throats.

We the people, allow them the government, to even exist. Unless something has changed since the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence were composed.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Sure, you go enjoy your "freedom" I'd rather enjoy my lower murder rate Good luck. lol

2012 murder rates:

New York- 3.5
Texas - 4.4
Louisiana - 10.8
Alabama - 7.1
Georgia - 5.9
Florida - 5.2
Arkansas - 5.9

Murder Rates Nationally and By State | Death Penalty Information Center

In those states, including New York, guns are only used as the murder weapon, in 1/3 of the murders committed. 1/2 of all murders nation wide are committed with a blunt object.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
And you really believe that there is that big of a difference between 3.5 and 4.4......You're living in a dream world dude!
The point is that liberal and gun controlling New York is safer than Texas so where is the value of guns as guarantors of security???

That difference by the way is even bigger when you compare New York City murder rate of 5.1 (2012) to that of Houston - 10.0 and Dallas 12.4... Now explain to me how guns in big cities in Texas are making citizens there safer? LOL

Quote:
You do know that the government likes to play with numbers don't you?
Oh, the gubmint? Of course. LOL

Old 09-09-2014, 06:16 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:

Where is that "right" documented? In what part of the Bill of Rights?

Old 09-09-2014, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Youre watching way to much TV, New York City is much safer than Dallas and Houston:

2012 Murder rates

NYC - 5.1

Houston - 10.0
Dallas - 12.4

United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That link shows all the info needed to see violent crime, assaults, rape, robbery and burglaries, are much higher in areas with strict gun laws.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:20 AM

Don't you wipe your face with the Constitution!. It's a great document but it was written over 200 years ago, where there was no police, citizens really had to defend themselves and the best guns they could get was a black powder pistol or a musket - none really a good murder weapon.These were the guns that founding fathers envisioned in citizens hand. if they could foresee AR-15s in private hands they would probably change their mind about the second lol

After all this is was Thomas Jefferson wrote about our Constitution:

“Every constitution, then, and every law, natural expires at the end of nineteen years. If it be enforced longer, it is an act of force, and not of right.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Tyrants will always need the intelligence about their enemies, that wish to remain free from the boot on their throats.

We the people, allow them the government, to even exist. Unless something has changed since the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence were composed.

Last edited by random_thoughts; 09-09-2014 at 06:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies