Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 04:28 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times

Advertisements

Purchasing 9 guns in 14 weeks should have received some attention but I don't believe that is the case in the current system. Maybe the gun store owner wasn't but if that isn't the case then the system is to blame, we will find out in court.

Either way gun store oversight needs to increased along with national records.

Quote:

The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence filed the suit Monday on behalf of Lynsay Fox, claiming that In Site Firearms and its owner, a former police officer, are responsible for Fox’s death because
the gun used to kill Fox was sold to a straw purchaser -- someone who buys
a gun for a person who can’t purchase one themselves.

"I couldn’t believe what had happened to me and my family. Then I learned about how the killer got his gun. I can’t stand the thought that the person who bought the gun that killed my husband was able to purchase 9 guns total in about 14 weeks---6 of those guns from the store that sold the gun used to kill Brad. The other 8 guns have never been recovered and I can’t bear to think about what those guns are being used for and the other families that may be suffering like mine," Fox said.
Slain Officer's Widow Sues Gun Dealer Over Husband's Death | NBC 10 Philadelphia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 04:35 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Straw purchasers should be held accountable and heavily penalized, especially if a crime is committed as a result of the straw purchase.

I also think that, based on the allegations, the gun store owner also bears some of the burden here. However, it is unclear to me what the store did that was illegal?

Old 09-09-2014, 04:42 PM

430 posts, read 379,873 times
So a distraught woman was taken advantage of by the gun control nutcases at the Brady Center and she is suing the gun shop who sold legit guns to a legit buyer who then turned around and sold them to a criminal....idiocy....just true idiocy...Judge should throw this crap out asap...has no standing.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:44 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
The responsibility lies solely with the perpetrator. Sounds like widow is looking for a pay day. Shameful.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:46 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Purchasing 9 guns in 14 weeks should have received some attention but I don't believe that is the case in the current system. Maybe the gun store owner wasn't but if that isn't the case then the system is to blame, we will find out in court.

Either way gun store oversight needs to increased along with national records.

Slain Officer's Widow Sues Gun Dealer Over Husband's Death | NBC 10 Philadelphia
The widow should be suing the guy who did the killing.

Suing anyone else is pure fraud.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:54 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The responsibility lies solely with the perpetrator. Sounds like widow is looking for a pay day. Shameful.
Exactly. Why not just sue th perpetrator. Oh wait, he doesn't have a pot to **** in.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:59 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
A-freakin-men. The Brady people - making money off guns since the 80's.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:03 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
The widow should be suing the guy who did the killing.

Suing anyone else is pure fraud.
I am sure most guns shop owners have integrity but there are certainly a few that pop up when it comes to these types of crimes. It has been pointed out that a few gun shops account for a rather large percentage of straw purchases and guns used in a crime, I don't believe that is a coincidence.

The courts will decide and I would not call suing someone that may be involved in a crime fraud.

Sad 2 tours in Iraq and this happens.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:03 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
^^^ and ^^^^ LOL

Only the person doing the shooting is the criminal, no one else. If he had beaten someone to death with a baseball bat, would this woman be suing a bat manufacturer? Silly nonsense in this country. Maybe if he beat her husband to death with his bare hands she would be suing God Himself.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:19 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
^^^ and ^^^^ LOL

Only the person doing the shooting is the criminal, no one else. If he had beaten someone to death with a baseball bat, would this woman be suing a bat manufacturer? Silly nonsense in this country. Maybe if he beat her husband to death with his bare hands she would be suing God Himself.
Exactly...its horsecrap like this that ties the courts up,ups insurance rates if she wins by convincing a misguided jury etc etc etc...I don't think 12 people to dumb to get out of jury duty should be hearing a case like this in the first place.... jk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies