Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 09:24 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,406,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
What country are you moving to? Iraq? have a GREAT time! Hey....why don't you give everyone a report on your new freedoms? And here is a news flash.... maybe you can cry and wax poetic about the freedoms you had in a country (USA) that you didn't want to support and respect. And just maybe, MAYBE, (ummm... probably not) someone just might feel sorry for you! So in other words...tell your liberal crap walking and to someone that actually buys your craziness.
I'm not a liberal and I don't buy your "boogeyman" either. Spare me from the "to support American freedom we must engage in wars towards people's thousands of miles away" who have no navy, no air force, and no nukes.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:29 PM

17,445 posts, read 9,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Guaranteed!

The Washington Post/ABC Poll today was stunning. 70% may "approve of action against ISIS", but they have no clue about what "action" they think he should do. Guaranteed!

Ill go on record right now and say that I doubt I will "approve" of whatever "action" he decides to do, but I don't think it will work. I'm not sure what would "work", but I haven't seen a single suggestion coming from Team Obama that holds much "hope" of success. He doesn't follow through on his rhetoric. I didn't "approve" of Obama's surge into Iraq - the one that he "dithered" about from August until December. :roll eyes: I was correct - the casualties were horrible. Why didn't he leave after bin-Laden was dead? Our poor troops have been going through the motions for years while the suicide bombers pick off the leadership. You can't send men and women into combat and then tie them up with stupid ROE's and ignore them until your political timetable is met.

Air strikes are fine, but they have to be intensified and we would also have to strike into Syria, which is doubtful. A batch here and there won't do much good.
Training an Iraqi Army sounds OK, but we spent 8 years doing that and it hasn't worked. We left Iraq before they were ready, and then let Iran come in with their people to stir the pot. The Kurds will defend their border, but they are not going to be Obama's Boots on the Ground to fight ISIS/ISIL/IS and force them out. There is no Iraqi Identity left to even train. What unity they had is now gone, while we allowed Maliki to turn everyone against each other.

I think we will hear a lot about "no boots" and lofty plans of Iraqi Government solving all problems - we will hear about this wonderful International group that is going to help - but you won't hear the name of a single country.
There is a very good reason for that.

I'm betting Obama ends up kicking Syria down the road - we have nobody in Syria we can work with after hanging the citizens out to dry for 3 years. The Syrians don't trust the USA, Assad wants a savior, he wants the USA to come save his rear. The thought of working an alliance with Iran and Syria turns my stomach. And then there is Libya - it's a mess and getting worse. They won't talk about Libya .. shhhh

Last edited by Kibby; 09-09-2014 at 09:50 PM..

Old 09-09-2014, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Take your stupid glasses off and embrace what you and your idiot followers have voted for and endorsed.....government control buddy boy!

Share the wealth and all the BS.... take what you get. YOUR government continues to take everything form the working wealth and give to the entitlement lazy and now the money to give is dwindling. Awwww... poor lazy, entitlement one, are you not happy with what your leaders have taken from others? Well.. sorry for you, but those whom make their own money are sick of giving to the lazy! And we are no longer afraid of being called racial! We are finally done and standing up for what is wrong!

So....have i offended your liberal self? Who cares!!! Waaaa... cry it out baby boy!

Yet you are willing and nominating to send America's fathers, mothers, sons and daughters to a "war on terror" that is flawed, hyped, and self serving for government and certain special interests , but NOT volunteering yourself.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Washington Post/ABC Poll today was stunning. 70% may "approve of action against ISIS", but they have no clue about what "action" they think he should do. Guaranteed!
Everybody says how they love freedom, when in reality they love their freedom but maybe not so much someone elses. Everybody says how they love freedom but when something goes wrong the first thing out of their mouth is "there ought to be a law". Or "we must do something" usually with little long term thought into it.

Did that with Irag war, now some are eager to nominate people sending their loved ones into ill conceived war again as long as its someone else going. Wonder how many of the 101st chairborne are telling their son or daughter to join up and go fight ISIS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies