Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 12:42 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Thanks to Putin, I now get teary-eyed whenever I hear the poignant and very moving Ukrainian national anthem...
Why? I don't see why the Ukrainians are any better than Putin. Both of them are run by nationalists, and borders are just lines on a map. Ukraine didn't exist as a country until about 20 years ago. Most of Western Ukraine was part of Poland prior to WWII.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 01:55 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
What was he thinking?
In the footage broadcast on Mongolian TV, the normally stoic Putin is seen standing next to Mongolian President Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj, looking down and at one point moving his hand to wipe his eye.
Bologna, or should I say Satay. Probably a fly from some BBQ just flew in his eye

Beautiful backdrop, I must say.

Old 09-11-2014, 03:53 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Haven't seen Obama showing any emotion over our national anthem. He didn't even put his hand over his heart until he got called on it by the media.
Why would anyone show emotion over a national anthem? You have to be mentally disturbed to start weeping during a performance of a patriotic song. I think Mad Vlad has some mental issues or depression, he's likely not well if he's randomly crying in public.

Old 09-11-2014, 04:00 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
if Putin had been Kim Jong um that guy standing next to him would lose his head for not sobbing..

Old 09-11-2014, 04:11 PM

847 posts, read 767,065 times
why do we insist on creating saints out of some politicians (i.e Regan or FDR or Lincoln)

and we insist to assume everything another politician do is completely based on evil intent.

Russia is a large country with a population of 150 Million people.

Why would think they don't have their own internal political dynamics.

It is time for us to stop being so darn ignorant about world affairs.

The world is quite grey. everything is not black and white although that would be more convenient.

Old 09-11-2014, 04:14 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,474,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Why would anyone show emotion over a national anthem? You have to be mentally disturbed to start weeping during a performance of a patriotic song. I think Mad Vlad has some mental issues or depression, he's likely not well if he's randomly crying in public.
Better than a Boehner though!

<LOL>

Old 09-11-2014, 04:21 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Thanks to Putin, I now get teary-eyed whenever I hear the poignant and very moving Ukrainian national anthem...
Hear, hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies