Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 07:51 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Agorists do not participate or give any validity to the State by playing their silly games. Agorists do not vote because it matters not who is in the evil entity of initiations of force, the State. It is as foolish as choosing who'd you'd rather have as your attacker. You will be attacked either way, so there really is no difference.

Have fun voting for your favorite tyrant.
I think who ever represents the Libertarian Party will be the least tyrannical.
So I'll be happy with my choice. I am hoping Gary Johnson decides to run again.

As far as not voting, can't bring change if you don't.
But you already know that and you don't care. So maybe you should start the Careless Party
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 07:58 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I think who ever represents the Libertarian Party will be the least tyrannical.
So I'll be happy with my choice. I am hoping Gary Johnson decides to run again.

As far as not voting, can't bring change if you don't.
But you already know that and you don't care. So maybe you should start the Careless Party
Well, I am glad that you at least want to vote libertarian. At least you are not giving any "justification" for the other collectivist parties.

People are voting for "representatives" not laws. You are essentially choosing a tyrant in a way. But I am not going to bash you for that. It is the way that we have been indoctrinated to believe that we have some input.

And I do care, very much so. That is why I practice and promote counter-economics. I get to live very freely and benefit greatly by reducing my interactions with government and the government controlled economy as much as possible. I try to maximize freedom and profit of myself and those I deal with every day by eliminating the evil hand of the State. Hopefully, counter-economics will collapse the evil State in my lifetime. That is change.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:59 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,596,784 times
The "affordable" care act fully kicks in for my upcoming renewal; they want a 26% increase. So, we lose our insurance in December. My guy told me I'm the lowest rate increase, he's got companies facing 60-150% increases on their renewals.

Can't say I'm favorably inclined for government involvement in healthcare right now as a matter of "utility".

The sole bright spot is that the high deductible HSA plan I'm being forced onto will let me fck the government out of that much more in taxes.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:02 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Well, I am glad that you at least want to vote libertarian. At least you are not giving any "justification" for the other collectivist parties.

People are voting for "representatives" not laws. You are essentially choosing a tyrant in a way.
Not of those representatives have specific, clearly defined limited duties and powers, and prohibited from doing anything else.

Quote:
But I am not going to bash you for that. It is the way that we have been indoctrinated to believe that we have some input.
We are not intended to to greatly influence the federal government, since none of its defined powers have any significant influence on our lives. It's when it strayed past its limits that things have gotten way out of hand.

Quote:
And I do care, very much so. That is why I practice and promote counter-economics. I get to live very freely and benefit greatly by reducing my interactions with government and the government controlled economy as much as possible. I try to maximize freedom and profit of myself and those I deal with every day by eliminating the evil hand of the State. Hopefully, counter-economics will collapse the evil State in my lifetime. That is change.
I have no solid idea what you mean by that.

However, the overbearing state brings about its own demise - when Atlas Shrugs.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:11 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
The "affordable" care act fully kicks in for my upcoming renewal; they want a 26% increase. So, we lose our insurance in December. My guy told me I'm the lowest rate increase, he's got companies facing 60-150% increases on their renewals.

Can't say I'm favorably inclined for government involvement in healthcare right now as a matter of "utility".

The sole bright spot is that the high deductible HSA plan I'm being forced onto will let me fck the government out of that much more in taxes.
Well you do know, those "Private" insurance companies wrote the ACA.
They can AFFORD to jack up your rates because the new law says they can

Old 09-19-2014, 08:16 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Not of those representatives have specific, clearly defined limited duties and powers, and prohibited from doing anything else.
That's why I said voting for "representatives" is like picking a tyrant...essentially useless in expanding individual liberty.

Quote:
We are not intended to to greatly influence the federal government, since none of its defined powers have any significant influence on our lives. It's when it strayed past its limits that things have gotten way out of hand.
Another example of why voting for "representatives" is rather pointless. The Federal Regime pretty much does what it pleases with and to its "citizens".

Quote:
I have no solid idea what you mean by that.

However, the overbearing state brings about its own demise - when Atlas Shrugs.
Look up "counter-economics". You will find all kinds of examples to illustrate what is meant by the term. It is a way to expand personal freedom and benefit while at the same time peacefully and morally destroying the State.

"Our" State is already all but done. Agorism only needs to help accelerate what is happening anyway.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:21 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post

Where the hell do you live? The average increase is 7%, with most states having a premium decrease as the lowest rate change.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:26 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I'm glad to see you've come over to the other side, VTHokie, but the bold is a crock of s**t. People are not comparable to cars. You can total a car, and buy a new one. You can't total your body and get a new one.

And when your normal BMI, non-smoking, non substance abusing loved one develops high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or some form of cancer, then what say you? People have this idea that if they "eat right and exercise" ala the old Geritol commercial, they'll be healthy for the rest of their lives and simply drop dead some day while still in perfect health. I am big on preventive health care, but you have to look beyond that. Are you going to charge a premium for people who have multiple sex partners, which puts them at risk for all kinds of stuff? What about those who have dangerous hobbies, or jobs?

ETA: Smoking is about the worst thing you can do for your well-being.
I'm not going to support this until you leave private insurers alone. If people get to have guaranteed health coverage, then why do you need to still pick on private insurers? Private insurance can be provided by employers as a benefit or purchased by individuals if they so desire, and will be crucial to rolling out a single payer system for all since it will relieve the strain of having 300 million+ people on one system.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:28 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The problem is like Medicare, it is not sustainable. It is a complete unfunded liability.
It is sustainable. We just need to snippy snip the defense budget and foreign aid.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:33 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
This is so freaking frustrating.

The initiation of force is where the immorality begins.

The perceived "degree" of force or the "importance" of the issue do not bend this tenet.

Libertarianism (not the capital L/Ron Paul statists) is an all-or-nothing proposition. You either believe in force or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies