Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2014, 09:27 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,924,139 times

Advertisements

No worries, I'm alright, I haven't been defined out of existence. Close call though.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Because most people want to be left alone. Even you.

Most people, absent force, won't want to deal with all the garbage that goes along with being an a-blank.

People can use other means to punish people.

Let's say me and 3 other guys near me have a pact. A voluntary association. We agree to cooperate using a lake behind us. We're the only 4 guys living along the lake.

You move up. We greet you and welcome you. We tell you about the pre-existing pact and ask if you want in. If yes, you get all the benefits of the agreement. If no, you don't but you can still use the lake. We have no right to force you not to use the lake. That's absurd.

Now let's say you do agree to our pact cuz you like it. You've freely joined a voluntary organization.

A month later us 4 original guys catch you stealing my bed. We come back from fishing and you're hauling it out the door.

Part of the pact you signed says if you steal X and Y and Z will happen to you per the other members under a voluntary dispute resolution organization.

So now you took my bed. You freely agreed to the pact.
No wonder there are very few women Libertarians.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:30 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I don't think anyone cedes all of their rights, this is an example of black/white, absolutist, axiomatic, rigid, et cetera thinking. How do you explain your authority to divide people into two groups? Why force folks to choose between two extremes? I'm starting to feel caged in! Lemme outta here quick!
You don't get it. You're either free or not.

You're either born without any involuntary associations placed on you (non-statist) or you are subject to an involuntary association's rules (statist).

A human can't enter the world and automatically agree to rules, laws, etc.

If you believe so, you're a statist.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:30 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,002 times
i think they're new anarchists. they'll calm down in a few years.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
No wonder there are very few women Libertarians.
Lower case "l". I'm not a statist.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:33 PM

1,259 posts, read 828,594 times
Quote:
Because most people want to be left alone. Even you.
Left alone? LOL No, I don't want to be left alone. I like living in a civiliuzed society.

Quote:
Most people, absent force, won't want to deal with all the garbage that goes along with being an a-blank.
What???

Quote:
People can use other means to punish people.
What means? stop saying good morning to murderers? Shun rapists? LOL

Quote:
Let's say me and 3 other guys near me have a pact. A voluntary association. We agree to cooperate using a lake behind us. We're the only 4 guys living along the lake.

Quote:
You move up. We greet you and welcome you. We tell you about the pre-existing pact and ask if you want in. If yes, you get all the benefits of the agreement. If no, you don't but you can still use the lake. We have no right to force you not to use the lake. That's absurd.
Absolutely absurd because I just decided to build a oil refinery that will kill all the fish and pollute the shore and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

Quote:
Now let's say you do agree to our pact cuz you like it. You've freely joined a voluntary organization.

A month later us 4 original guys catch you stealing my bed. We come back from fishing and you're hauling it out the door.

Part of the pact you signed says if you steal X and Y and Z will happen to you per the other members under a voluntary dispute resolution organization.

So now you took my bed. You freely agreed to the pact.
But according ot you I can freely leave the pact whenever I feel like it so there you go. I no longer want to participate in the pact. On top of that I ma going to kill you all because I like your beds and your houses.
I will do that even though I know that your families will stop talking to me LOL
You guys with your conflict resolution. LOL. Are that naive or that unimaginative? I can't decide. LOL

Old 09-26-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Who is they? Is this the 'all or nothing' 'if you're not with us, you're against us' schtick?

Bah humbug! Find joy in people!
On the contrary, I love people now that I've adopted this mindset!

That's why I don't want to use force on them.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
You don't get it. ...
Granted, I may not get it. Although I don't think I want what you're attempting to sell.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
i think they're new anarchists. they'll calm down in a few years.
Anarchy is a human's default position.

I mean unless you believe a human automatically agrees to rules, laws upon being squeezed out of a vagina.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Granted, I may not get it. Although I don't think I want what you're attempting to sell.
I'm not selling anything. I don't use force on people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies