Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 07:35 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,408,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
So his only qualifications are that he is "articulate and clean". Got it. Pretty low bar for such an important office. This is the equivalent of me saying my dog is smart because he signals when he needs to go outside.
Six years later and you're still stuck on his qualifications?

He was voted in twice. Obviously the American people think he is qualified enough (at least, more qualified than McCain / Palin / Romney / Ryan).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 07:37 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

He was voted in twice. Obviously the American people think he is qualified enough (at least, more qualified than McCain / Palin / Romney / Ryan).

Barack Obama is not qualified to be the bathroom porter in Mitt Romney's house.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
So his only qualifications are that he is "articulate and clean". Got it. Pretty low bar for such an important office. This is the equivalent of me saying my dog is smart because he signals when he needs to go outside.
Dog comparisons?

We'll let that one slide. Dehumanization is common rhetoric from the right.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Barack Obama is not qualified to be the bathroom porter in Mitt Romney's house.
Not according to the American people....

Old 09-25-2014, 08:00 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Not according to the American people....
Some American people. The last 2 elections were less about qualifications and more about lesser of 2 evils. Actually the last 4 elections.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:35 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,971 times
Quote:

Not ALL of the American people, just those who voted for him. No different than GWB who was voted in twice.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:28 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
I watched/listen to it and I have to say - kudos to the person who wrote it. A great speech for the most part, written for the wrong person. The words came out of the mouth of someone who is known worldwide to be a liar.

I think the only input Obama had, in the way of adding to it, was in the following quotes:

I didn't realize that Ferguson was of international importance, right up there with what is going on in the ME and Eastern Europe, and was on the minds of people worldwide.

And this:

Funny thing was that when he referred to ISIL, the quick quotes put up by CNN during the speech were changed to ISIS.

Here's the speech that was written for him:

President Barack Obama's address to the United Nations General Assembly (transcript) - POLITICO Staff - POLITICO.com
Just being well-spoken and clean.

Kudos for the teleprompter.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:45 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Originally Posted by LexusNexus
Another great speech. Someone writes a draft of a speech. The President reviews it and adds his particular changes so they reflect his thought. He then delivers an always completely effective message with great depth, class, poise, and effectiveness. He makes the type of great speeches that Republicans can never make and can only dream of. In fact, he's a two-term President because of his speeches and his enormous success getting his message across in obliterating and owning Republicans.

No wonder Conservatives hate him.

Quote:
If articulation is a sign of superiority, then why do Liberals hate Ben Carson so much?

They wear their hypocrisy like a badge of honor, and it's sickening

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Just being well-spoken and clean.

Kudos for the teleprompter.
Remember when the teleprompter broke and Obama was clueless until it was repaired? DOH!

I only have one thing to say: "57 states"

Old 09-25-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:

THOUGHT

If given a second chance the buyers remorse is well set in now. Only 3.6 in 10 approve of him.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"In a summer marked by instability in the Middle East and Eastern Europe, I know the world also took notice of the small American city of Ferguson, Missouri – where a young man was killed, and a community was divided."

Really? A trigger happy cop shooting a young man is the same as all those terrorists committing mass murders? One murder equals thousands? One neighborhood that rioted is compared to a hundred towns raped and beheaded. Give me a freaking break.

It was the only thing Obama had to trivialize how far ahead of the rest of the world we actually are in civil rights. It sounded as stupid coming out of his mouth as it does replaying in my head. Completely out of place and a ridiculous display of pandering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies