Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 01:07 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,145,029 times

Advertisements

Uh oh...is there video footage?....I hope she doesnt lose her job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 01:13 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,145,029 times
Bahahahahaha!...I just looked at this clown's picture...he just looks like a dude in a wig...lmao..hes not even passable as a woman, and yet this monster is getting paid to brutalize women. Damn.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:40 PM

30,318 posts, read 23,796,575 times
Here's his before and after photos:

JAMES EDWARDS » Blog Archive Male fighter participates in women's mixed martial arts competition - JAMES EDWARDS

Looks like a dude to me, with longer hair. Also, I agree with what the writer said:

Quote:
Feminists have themselves in a trap with the “transgender” issue. If they allow just anyone to define themselves as “female” (which is the progressive thing to do), soon men that pretend to be girls will dominate female sports. And feminists can’t really object, because they claim gender is a “social construct” and whatever men can do, women can do better. Based on that logic, all women’s sports should be eliminated and women should just try out for the regular teams.

Such is a dilemma when you deny reality.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:42 AM

1,704 posts, read 751,148 times
Actual males, born as males, have larger muscle mass and muscle groupings than their female counterparts. This should automatically disqualify them from competing against actual females, born as females.

Boxers and fighters born a certain gender should only be allowed to fight that particular gender. MTF Transgenders should only be permitted to fight others born as males. FTM Transgenders should only be allowed to fight others born as females. Of course, that's only if hormones are not contributing to anyone's strength advantage.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:00 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,751,509 times
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

With regards to most sports:

Born a boy compete with the boys.

Girls etc..

Old 10-01-2014, 03:02 PM

778 posts, read 825,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

With regards to most sports:

Born a boy compete with the boys.

Girls etc..
So I'm wondering if I, as a trans man who's been on testosterone therapy for years, should bulk up and go and compete against women in some sport?

Old 10-01-2014, 03:09 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,751,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopede View Post
So I'm wondering if I, as a trans man who's been on testosterone therapy for years, should bulk up and go and compete against women in some sport?
If you were born a woman then I have no issue with you competing with other women in professional sports. I doubt you'll pass any drug testing requirements though.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:15 PM

778 posts, read 825,151 times
So trans women have to compete against men, and trans men can't compete at all, unless they've been off hormone therapy long enough to lower their testosterone levels to an acceptable range?

For what it's worth I think people should be able to compete with the gender they identify as, but I can also see where there are concerns regarding muscle and bone development that might give someone an advantage/cause concern for injury. I also think MMA is a stupid "sport" and if you willingly get into an arena with another person whose job is to beat the snot out of you, you shouldn't get to complain about broken anything.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:19 PM

5,664 posts, read 5,096,808 times
Couldn't the title of this thread just have been "Some dude beats up a woman in an MMA match"?

Old 10-01-2014, 03:20 PM

25,857 posts, read 16,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Transgender ‘female’ MMA fighter gives female opponent concussion, broken eye socket | News | LifeSite

I am not without sympathy and affection for the transgendered among us. I had my views turned around when my greatest teacher ever, Donald McCloskey, underwent the change and became Deidre McCloskey. He/she wrote a wonderful book about it.
Deirdre McCloskey on Gender Crossing

That said, aren't there some practical considerations here? Do we want to have men fighting women in the ring in the name of equality?

Is political correctness worth a broken eye socket?

Political correctness trumps all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies