Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 12:31 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
I agree. I support LBTG rights but the trans community in particular have a propensity for extreme delusion.
They can be annoying in their insistence that we basically suppress common sense and scientific fact in order that they may more easily indulge in what is essentially a delusion. I believe we ought refer to them as whichever gender they desire to be publicly out of courtesy but it is just that and no more. The physical fact is that they are and always will be the gender to which they were born. The "brain/soul of one gender born in the body of the opposite gender" is ascientific nonsense.

When the issue is competitive fairness in athletics the physical facts should prevail over all else. This guy made a voluntary choice to become a woman. A choice that was obviously very important to him. But choices have consequences. He and others like him cant simply have it all and bully any who disagree with charges of "bigotry". In order for him to obtain what he most wanted means that there are some other things that he simply cannot have, thats the real world physical fact that some of these adult children cant accept.

"They can be annoying in their insistence that we basically suppress common sense and scientific fact in order that they may more easily indulge in what is essentially a delusion."

You just summed up the entire PC liberal social engineering agenda.

I hate it when someone tells me I'm wrong because I don't join them in tossing common sense out the window.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 01:22 AM

778 posts, read 823,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Here is a picture of a side-by-side of a typical male skeleton vs a typical female skeleton. There are some pretty obvious differences. Differences that gender reassignment and hormone injections will never erase.
I've taken human anatomy. I'm aware of the physical differences between male and female bodies.

But we do live in a world that's more complex than just male or female, and I'm wondering how we're supposed to puzzle out when someone is male or female enough to compete. Caster Semenya comes to mind.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
The "brain/soul of one gender born in the body of the opposite gender" is ascientific nonsense.
http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/1...jcem.85.5.6564
http://depot.knaw.nl/821/1/15106_285_swaab.pdf

Quote:
When the issue is competitive fairness in athletics the physical facts should prevail over all else. This guy made a voluntary choice to become a woman. A choice that was obviously very important to him. But choices have consequences. He and others like him cant simply have it all and bully any who disagree with charges of "bigotry". In order for him to obtain what he most wanted means that there are some other things that he simply cannot have, thats the real world physical fact that some of these adult children cant accept.
I like how you start out saying "we should be polite and call them what they want", and then proceed to do the opposite here.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:03 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopede View Post
I've taken human anatomy. I'm aware of the physical differences between male and female bodies.

But we do live in a world that's more complex than just male or female, and I'm wondering how we're supposed to puzzle out when someone is male or female enough to compete. Caster Semenya comes to mind.
Like I said, there are no good answers. It sucks for Fallon Fox if she isn't allowed to compete, but it sucks for her opponents that she has a whole host of unfair advantages.

The Olympics banned competitors who had undergone gender reassignment for many decades. The IOC reversed that position recently. But what happens if/when the only viable competitor in any given women's event used to be a man? What if a lot of nations quietly shop amongst the elite men in whatever sport looking for volunteers that will undergo gender reassignment? What if everyone must follow suit just to remain competitive? Now you're moving into a world where natural born women athletes become obsolete. That's not fair either, is it?

The best solution we have currently is to bar the ladies that used to be dudes from competition as that option hurts fewer people. This is especially true when it comes to Fallon Fox. A whole lot of women are going to get hurt because she has an unfair advantage. Injury might be part and parcel to MMA, but being forced to face opponents with unfair physiological advantages is the real hurt I'm talking about. The rest of the hundreds of women in MMA deserve a level playing field. Allowing transgendered competition destroys that level playing field.

Yeah that sucks for Fallon Fox. Every possible solution hurts somebody. Hence: There are no good answers. But at least one solution hurts fewer people.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:18 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Well,i have been following this for some time.

It gets really weird.

First,the trans guy wanted to fight the woman(a lesbian) because she refuses to have sex with trans women like himself.

My question..is the trans woman really gay if he wants to have sex with women(albeit as a woman)?

Old 10-02-2014, 04:38 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

It gets really weird.

First,the trans guy wanted to fight the woman(a lesbian) because she refuses to have sex with trans women like himself.

My question..is the trans woman really gay if he wants to have sex with women(albeit as a woman)?
Further evidence of the mental illness involved in all such individuals. But the PC crowd continues to insist they're perfectly normal.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

It gets really weird.

Sexual orientation follows gender identity. A trans woman who is attracted to women is a lesbian.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Further evidence of the mental illness involved in all such individuals. But the PC crowd continues to insist they're perfectly normal.
Being trans, I keep an eye out for related threads. I think I've seen your posts in every one of them, always spouting the same baseless nonsense. What's with your obsession?

First, I don't know what mental illness has to do with this thread.

Second, **** or get off the pot, friend. Where's your solid, scientific, medical proof that all trans people are mentally ill? Start a new thread if you need to. I don't want a "just so" story. Kipling you're not.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:16 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cephalopede View Post
Being trans, I keep an eye out for related threads. I think I've seen your posts in every one of them, always spouting the same baseless nonsense. What's with your obsession?

First, I don't know what mental illness has to do with this thread.

Second, **** or get off the pot, friend. Where's your solid, scientific, medical proof that all trans people are mentally ill? Start a new thread if you need to. I don't want a "just so" story. Kipling you're not.
I like watching the freak show.

If a man was convinced that he was a snake, and cut off his arms to become more snake-like, would we not consider him mentally ill? Or would we consider him a snake?

Old 10-02-2014, 02:16 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I like watching the freak show.

If a man was convinced that he was a snake, and cut off his arms to become more snake-like, would we not consider him mentally ill? Or would we consider him a snake?
To the liberal wackos of the world we should call them whatever they want to be called, less we be considered "haters".
I suppose we should call Jocelyn Wildenstein a lion as well.

The term freak is one of many (geek, gork, etc.) that actually is meant to describe people with afflictions. Of course now days no one would want to harm another's self esteem, so we must be PC and just call them "different".

As to this MMA situation, it is absurd to allow a biological man to fight against biological women. No matter how the feminists and their apologists want to pretend that women are as physically strong as men, it is just an illusion/delusion perpetrated by the ignorant and Hollywood.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies