Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 05:57 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There have been a lot of TV adds running in NY regarding "see something - say something" with pictures of the subway and someone leaving a package, also many preparedness ads. It's precautionary but people just paying attention to what goes on around them and reporting is very important.

I think most of what ISIS is doing right now is just idle threats but the media and many politicians run with it.
Who knows?

It is impossible to patrol 3.8 million square miles and 315 million people.

Tens of Millions of people enter and leave the US each year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 07:28 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
It's always so predictable. Of cource it's NYC. An airline, subway, tall building.

Why don't terrorists strike somewhere you least expect it.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 09-25-2014 at 07:38 PM..

Old 09-25-2014, 07:48 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,832,514 times
I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I do find it odd how vehemently the US is denying this. It's like the US was on full blown denial mode at every level of gov't and the Iraqi PM backtracked his own statement. We hear of many threats which may be unsubstantiated. What's the worse that could happen? People being on edge or more alert?

A part of me could see the reason for this being that the US knew of a specific threat that they may have been close to moving in on, and they are worried that word of this could drive the potential terrorists underground.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:52 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Or maybe it was the taxi drivers...

Old 09-25-2014, 08:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
it is my most sincere hope that ICE and NSA get their act together like yesterday and prevent what is being threatened from happening. so far they have had to rely on good old american neighbors and bank surveillance system to find their own a.......
with the billions spend on these agencies we deserve better than what we have been getting.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:32 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,576,507 times
I think the most appropriate response to ISIS threats is to dress a granny in black clothing, shaking a wooden spoon saying "you boys better cut it out or somebody might put an eye out'.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:14 AM

1,013 posts, read 909,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
If ISIS is fake maybe you should tell the quarter million Kurds that fled to Turkey in the last week.
or the 1100 people found in a mass grave in Tikrit.
or the 40,000 Yatzis that were stuck on a mountain for 3 weeks.
Huh better read between the lines man.

I said the actions ISIS are doing are not for freeing Muslims.

Man you do not know how to read between the lines do you?
WHAT I am saying ISIS was and are NOT for Muslims.

THEY ARE FAKE.
They are just corrupt idiots likely bought out by the military industrial complex to incite war to force us to go to war with them SO THEY CAN PROFIT.

DO YOU GET IT YET?

if they were REAL. they would be targeting the military industrial complex INSTEAD OF INNOCENT PEOPLE.

that is how common sense people would operate.
besides NYC has Muslims that take the trains as well or are all of them heathens to the ISIS.
so they don't care if they die right?

yeah basically I call horse **** on ISIS.
and instead I am daring anyone that supports ISIS to target the elites instead of those with no power.

there is no point in targeting those without power except to incite war propaganda after all.
that is all.

Their real targets should bet he banksters + the war profiteers, and such if they were actually serious,
but we all know ISIS are a bunch of FAKE COWARDS bought by the military industrial complex to incite war.

also remember we are ARMING ISIS IN SYRIA?
we are putting our enlisted men and women in danger by doing so.

I would rather have Assad kill them instead of arming these SOBS.
the thing is the military industrial complex wants to profit.
thus we are there.

perhaps we shouldn't hire them for those jobs maybe they would shut up then.

most of the cost of military are contractors that cost 200K+ per soldier there.
while our enlisted get paid DIRT.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Get ready to read about a lot of "planned" attacks that we thwarted or are warning about.
Our government has to keep the fear factor on the top of everyone's mind to justify invading Iraq and Syria.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:31 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
According to the NYPost, Islamic State terrorists are plotting an attack on US and Paris subway systems, Iraq’s prime minister warned Thursday morning at the United Nations.

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said he was told of the plot by his intelligence in Baghdad, and that it was from foreign ISIS fighters in Iraq, according to the Associated Press.

What a mess we are in. Obama's "smart" diplomacy worked well, didn't it? What a failure this guy has been, in every way.
Let's see here...

Rumors of a report by Iraqis who want us to fight ISIS for them send the right wing scurrying to their old Y2K bunkers.

Amusing.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:34 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
According to the NYPost, Islamic State terrorists are plotting an attack on US and Paris subway systems, Iraq’s prime minister warned Thursday morning at the United Nations.

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said he was told of the plot by his intelligence in Baghdad, and that it was from foreign ISIS fighters in Iraq, according to the Associated Press.

What a mess we are in. Obama's "smart" diplomacy worked well, didn't it? What a failure this guy has been, in every way.
And, America is far less safe than we were under Bush. This will be the Obama Legacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies