Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 02:08 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I am actually surprised the talking heads on news media are not giving ISIL/thugs, what ever we want to call these ****s, directions, instructions on how to do it. You know if you keep saying something long enough over the air waves, its apt to come true.

And let's not forget to remind everybody how bright they are, how dangerous, and how helpless we all are
Really, I don't recall all the talk on the news media about planes crashing into buildings in the first 8 months of 2001.

I remember loads of talk about dirty bombs, nukes, and other attacks after 9/11, and none of that happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 02:11 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Definitely makes me happy to not be living in the NYC metro any more. I love that ISIS kills someone and right wingers are all upset that Obama isn't doing anything about it. Now Obama is attacking ISIS and right wingers are all upset that Obama is actually doing something.

It makes me wonder, what exactly does right wingers want Obama to do about this situation?
I cannot speak for all conservatives, but I would like him to not get us into another war.

Let these people try and lead a large group of people and sooner or later the people they rule over will hate them.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to just let it burn.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:17 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Terrorists will always target the US.

No news here.

Kill them all.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I cannot speak for all conservatives, but I would like him to not get us into another war.

Let these people try and lead a large group of people and sooner or later the people they rule over will hate them.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to just let it burn.
I have no problem bombing terrorists and helping the ground troops from those countries get an upper hand on this issue. The more we disrupt ISIS, the harder it is for them to plot any future attack.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:29 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
I have no problem bombing terrorists and helping the ground troops from those countries get an upper hand on this issue. The more we disrupt ISIS, the harder it is for them to plot any future attack.
The problem I have is why ISIS has a foothold at all. We could argue all day about that.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
The problem I have is why ISIS has a foothold at all. We could argue all day about that.
Well you and I can't because I have no interest in having that argument.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:39 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
Well you and I can't because I have no interest in having that argument.
What I mean to say is, there was a time when Iraq didn't have power vacuum that begets groups like this.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
What I mean to say is, there was a time when Iraq didn't have power vacuum that begets groups like this.
That is true, it was much easier dealing with a dictator and letting a dictator push down any of these issues. The whole Iraq war to kill Saddam was such a horrible idea.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:48 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Really, I don't recall all the talk on the news media about planes crashing into buildings in the first 8 months of 2001.

I remember loads of talk about dirty bombs, nukes, and other attacks after 9/11, and none of that happened.
9/11 truly was a fluke. Even Bin Laden said it exceeded his wildest expectations.
With locks on cockpit doors, I very well doubt that happening again, though the
media wants to remind us every day, another 9/11 is just around the corner...

Certainly after a OK City bombing, that is true with "any" crazy out there.

But, does any one even bother to ask anymore, how is all the money for homeland security spent.

'Homeland Security': The Trillion-Dollar Concept That No One Can Define | The Nation

I'm just getting tired of the media salivating over terrorists, like a vampire at a girls
slumber party.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:58 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
That is true, it was much easier dealing with a dictator and letting a dictator push down any of these issues. The whole Iraq war to kill Saddam was such a horrible idea.
These dictators use chemical weapons on their own people.

The power vacuum of no Saddam was filled with another leader that was elected who then went against of advice and went back to the same ol suinie Shiite (probably spelled wrong) nonsense and disbanded the military we worked to train.

This one is not our fault.

Like I said in other posts, sometimes you just have to watch it burn. Let the neighboring countries figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies