Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 08:32 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,143,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Yes, Asians vote pretty much in lockstep, approx 80%, for the Demorats. Demorats are going to own Texico in 8-10 years.....Hispanics are also lockstep-voters for the Demorats.
And then after they destroy Texas then where are they going to move?

Old 10-02-2014, 08:36 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,271,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not sure what you're talking about. The GOP is color-blind as far as people willing to provide for themselves and their dependents. It's only the Dems who exploit the votes of those who want to TAKE from others.
I have never met any Republican who wants to do anything BUT expand the economic pie for everyone.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:49 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Most of the Asians moving into the south are from India that I can tell.

They usually are very conservative.
Whether they are or not, that is not reflected in their voting habits.

Why Do Indian-Americans Love Barack Obama And The Democrats?

Why Are Asian Americans Democrats? - Alexander Kuo and Neil Malhotra and Cecilia Hyunjung Mo - POLITICO Magazine

BBC News - Why do Indian-Americans flock to the Democratic Party?

Old 10-02-2014, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The fact that I live in Republican Country here, and grew up in Republican Country, and heard all kinds of nasty stuff towards dark skinned Puerto Ricans and blacks is reason enough to know that the GOP is the comfortable home of the racist.
Yes because there's no racist Democrats/Liberals.

Mayoral candidate in New Jersey town allegedly caught on tape in racist rant - NY Daily News

In Kentucky, Elaine Chao Endures Racist Attacks From Liberals - The Daily Beast#

http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/...ype=blogs&_r=0

MSNBC host apologizes after panel makes fun of Romney photo with black grandchild – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Mia Love Gets Racist Threats at Her Mayoral Office- Wikipedia Page Gets Vandalized - YouTube

Old 10-02-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
And I live in liberal hotbed Minnesota and believe you me, they are as racists as anyone. Sure they join all the right causes and even put the little bumper stickers on their Subaru's, but we have some of the most segregated suburbs in the entire country. And it only takes a couple of beers for them to drop that facade and you hear what they really think.

There are racists on both sides, totally unfair to call the Republicans the party of racists.
Yep, the most liberals areas are some of the most segregated. Yes liberals like to help the poor black folk, but they damn sure don't want them living in their neighborhoods or going to school with their kids.

The most segregated schools may not be in the states you’d expect - The Washington Post

Quote:
Black students are most segregated in the Northeast

Old 10-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Do you think the democrats are fleeing the blue states because they are poorly ran, over regulated, over taxed, and burdened?

They arent fleeing the blue states, population growth is just higher in the South

Old 10-02-2014, 09:07 AM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Exactly! As its been explained to me by 2 college history professors, "the parties switched ideals over the centuries."

I know this comes as a blow to all the Rs who claim Lincoln as "theirs." I wouldn't want to except the reality either if i was one of them.
It appears our higher education system is failing.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:14 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,071,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
This is a huge problem for Conservatives. Asian-Americans are immigrating to the South in record numbers, and will have a heavy influence on the voting trends in that region, the heart of the GOP. Asian-Americans favor DEMOCRATS, recognizing that Republicans are and have traditionally been the party of bigots and people who discriminate against Asian-Americans and minorities. This is great news for the country.

Asian-Americans Make Up The Fastest Growing Voting Bloc In The South
I am an independent, but don't be so confident. Remember Asian-americans are richer than average, don't believe in gay marriage and believe in harsh punishments.

They tend to vote democrat for three reasons
1. Most of them are in liberal areas
2. They feel the GOP treat minorities badly.
3. They don't like the stupidity of the GOP.

1 doesn't matter in the south, 2 can change, and Democrats are competing with republicans for #3,. That means if Democrats screw up, then they will be running back to the republicans. They are not like blacks which you can count on voting Democrat, even if you destroy the economy.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Yep, the most liberals areas are some of the most segregated. Yes liberals like to help the poor black folk, but they damn sure don't want them living in their neighborhoods or going to school with their kids.

The most segregated schools may not be in the states you’d expect - The Washington Post
The link you just posted calculates segregation by the number of white students present in a majority black school, but not the the number of black kids in a majority white schools

That is why a school in West Virginia that 99% white isnt considered Segregated, but a school that is 85% black in Brooklyn is.

in short, your list is bogus.

There is also the population difference. I live in the South, and all the black people in the towns in may area live in all or mostly black communities and the elementary schools are indeed segregated, but the middle and high schools arent because we dont have the populations to support multiple high schools, where as a neighborhood in Detroit, New York, or Boston does.

your entire argument was based on a falsehood.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The NY Times stated precisely why younger and more educated Blacks are fleeing blue states:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/us...anted=all&_r=0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
So the converative/republican run south has better opportunities than the liberal run Northeast, Midwest, but yet the idiot liberals are hoping Texas turns Blue?
Nope, that article is mostly about black people moving to the suburbs, not specifically the South. And if you google the Census and migration trends( as well as reading the rest of the article), you will see it mentions black people moving to black population centers in the South like Atlanta. and its only 22,000 black people per year.

I have already explained that to I.C. But he/she continues to post it knowing full well it doesnt make his point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies