Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 02:26 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,356,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
That's opinion, not fact.

That she is a woman and/ or trended " fluffy" has nothing to do with the breaches in security.
We are not in a court of law. No one is able to prove fact because it was something that barrack Obama was responsible for. But It is proven beyond a reasonable doubt that she was hired because she was female.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 02:53 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
It's common knowledge that she was hired because of the previous secret service scandal involving prostitutes and womanizing from their trips. They hired a woman to make up for it.
Prove it.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:28 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,356,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Prove it.
Prove that she wasn't. I feel like I'm arguing with a 5 year old.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
No, because she's female.
So this means that every woman with a job is an Affirmative Action hire?

Old 10-03-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
We are not in a court of law. No one is able to prove fact because it was something that barrack Obama was responsible for. But It is proven beyond a reasonable doubt that she was hired because she was female.
What reasonable doubt is that?

File your post under the "making sh*t up because I don't know what the hell I'm talking about" heading.

Hell, you can't even spell the president's first name right.

You folks are a trip. If she got her job because of Affirmative Action, then so did you.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Good grief, every time I think the cons have hit a new low they show me they can dig even deeper. There really is something wrong with a segment of our populace.
There is no limit...trust me. They can get right down in the pondscum like a parasite.

This whole "affirmative action" nonsense just proves what another poster said about conservatives...their main philosophy is based on being exclusionary...it's a tenet of conservatism, and they milk it for all it's worth.

Funny thing is that NONE of these posters are high enough up in ANY organization to promote exclusionary policies. They're all peons who hope to be in that position one day (they won't).

It's laughable.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:51 PM

19,837 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Well we all know by now about this woman who was hired to lead the secret service only because she was female by Obama. Now she has to resign because of her utter incompetence. Some guy just runs into the White House. It took them 4 days to find billet holes in White House windows. She shut off he door alarm and left it unlocked. The list goes on.
What secret info do you have that are able to state she was AA?

Old 10-03-2014, 04:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So this means that every woman with a job is an Affirmative Action hire?
It isn't unreasonable given the latest failure to question her qualifications. In fact it should be expected that people want to know why this person was chosen for the job. I don't care male or female, a gross failure like this demands a few answers. The woman was a public employee, if we are hiring people aren't qualified to do a job as important as her job was, we need to question the vetting process for other heads.
How many years in the field did she have? What made her most qualified? What made her qualified at all?

Old 10-03-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
What secret info do you have that are able to state she was AA?
She's a woman and hired by Obama.

That's all you need to know.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:06 PM

16,582 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Can you prove Pierson got there because of Affirmative Action?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No, they cannot, they simply make accusations, backing up accusations is not required among some here. But just so you know if You make any accusations you will be required to back them up with a ton of facts and data and even then they will still reserve the right to ignore them. Glad to catch you up on the rules here.
It is a disingenuous question as it would be very hard, if not impossible to find such information unless the person themselves admitted to receiving special hiring or promotions based on AA.

So while there is probably not proof she was an AA hire or was promoted to the top spot because of it, there is plenty of reason to believe she was.
Let's start with her less than stellar background/qualifications prior to being hired. That combined with when she was hired (early 1980's), when affirmative action was at it's peak, and few woman were members of the Secret Service.
Then combine that with the prostitute scandal that rocked the service, the optics of promoting a woman to the top spot is certainly worthy of speculation as to why such an incompetent person was appointed to head this vital agency.

Heck even the liberal Huffington post is highly critical of her;

Julia Pierson Wanted To Run Secret Service 'Like Disney World': Washington Post

On a side note, my understanding is that the nut that got into the White House overpowered a female agent/guard as well.
I don't know about those who want to defend affirmative action in the face of obvious differences between men and women when it come to size and strength, but to guard the POTUS, I'd want the top and best guys like;

I must break you - YouTube

vs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojvHyQCHhVc#t=10

How about you?

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies