Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 06:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Oh, gawd, of all the silly nonsense.

The three biggest things stopping investment in growth:

1. Punitive government regulatory environment.
2. Punitive taxation
3. Capricious and pointless expensive regulations combined with government constantly changing the rules by simply doing whatever it wants, making the future too hard to predict - making any marginal or higher risk venture unattractive.

That there's no federal budget does not figure AT ALL.

It simply an outgrowth of, and a symptom of #3.
Your points have already been shot down by others and like it or not with no Budget the Economy will never really take off again, far too much insecurity for business to truely feel safe investing in R&D and manufacturing. That is what having obstructionists in Congress does for the Nation, they harm it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 07:03 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
1. Barack Obama
2. Barack Obama
3. Barack Obama
4. Barack Obama
5. Barack Obama
I totally disagree. the list is more this:

1. Barack Obama
2. Barack Obama
3. Barack Obama
4. Barack Obama and his corrupt friends
5. idiot commie college people who think like obama and obama.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Your points have already been shot down by others and like it or not with no Budget the Economy will never really take off again, far too much insecurity for business to truely feel safe investing in R&D and manufacturing. That is what having obstructionists in Congress does for the Nation, they harm it.

uhm.... just so everyone is really clear. the republicans have passed a budget every year they have been in control of the House.

Dingy Harry in the senate has refused to take up the budget issue every single year.

obstructionism is the lie-mantra the left likes to trot out and blame the republicans with. The fact is, the House has passed HUNDREDS of bills that the senate has not taken up. This is a democrat issue. and yes we agree it is hurting the nation.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:18 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
It probably has more to do with being 17 trillion in debt, having 127 trillion in unfunded liabilities, paying 500 billion a year in a handout to the Chosen Families for "interest", and the fact that we can no longer wallpaper over the "correction" of a global market with our magic green toilet paper upon a people who live well above their means at everyone else's expense...

In the end, in a global economy, we are doomed...unless we start to live more like those in far poorer countries. And that might happen before the IMF picks a new standard or we are downgraded again..."austerity" is coming, and it is going to come hard.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:32 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Funny you would miss the most obvious thing holding back the economy, the Lack of a Budget, the lack of which results in an unstable economic atmosphere and in businesses not feeling secure enough to invest in R&D and manufacturing. Where does the Budget originate in Congress and you have located the problem.
Not really....but good try...

Quote:
April 29, 2009 – The last time the Democrat-led Senate adopted a budget resolution. Also the last time the Majority brought a budget plan to the floor.
Quote:
April 15 – The Republican-controlled House of Representatives passes its budget for FY 2012, which cuts $6 trillion in comparison to the president’s budget.
<<<<<<

Quote:
May 18 – Majority Leader Reid says it would be “foolish†for Senate Democrats to offer a budget.
Quote:
May 25 – The Senate rejects President Obama’s FY 2012 budget by a vote of 0-97.
Quote:
May 23 – Senator Schumer, when asked why there is no alternative to the House-passed budget, answers, “To put other budgets out there is not the point.â€
Quote:
November 9 – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi claims that Democrats didn’t pass a budget when they controlled both chambers of Congress because “Republicans would have filibustered it,†but as she should know, budget resolutions can’t be filibustered.
Quote:
March 29 – The Republican-led House passes a budget for FY 2013.
<<<<<<

Quote:
April 29 – Three years pass since Senate Democrats adopted a budget.

Timeline Of Senate Democrats

Quote:
"We haven’t passed a budget in more than three years and not a single appropriations bill has been brought to the floor this year," U.S. Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., said in a press release explaining why he voted against the short-term measure.
Bob Corker says Senate has not passed a budget in more than three years | PolitiFact Tennessee

So, in a way you are correct, however, be just a little honest with yourself and everyone else, because it is not just the house....as you can see the house has passed a budget....what happens when it gets to the senate?

Old 10-07-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
uhm.... just so everyone is really clear. the republicans have passed a PARTISAN budget every year they have been in control of the House.

Dingy Harry in the senate has refused to take up the budget issue every single year. As the House has done with Senate Bills, you know like the immigration reform bill needed to actually do anything on the border sitting in their laps for 16 Months now.

obstructionism is the lie-mantra the left likes to trot out and blame the republicans with. The fact is, the House has passed HUNDREDS of bills that the senate has not taken up. This is a democrat issue. and yes we agree it is hurting the nation.
Obstructionism is reading Green Eggs and Ham while Rome Burns. Passing Partisan Bills that are known to be DOA when they reach the Sensate is Not passing Bills, it is simply playing games, especially when they come with a NO Compromise clause attached. No we do not agree, I see it as a major Problem with both Dems and Repubs, but I understand why Party pawns would not see the entire picture, your handlers make you wear blinders so you miss the whole picture. So keep kicking that can down the road and playing political games, when the Nations comes crashing to it's knees I bet you will even act as if you are surprised.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not really....but good try...

<<<<<<

<<<<<<

Timeline Of Senate Democrats

Bob Corker says Senate has not passed a budget in more than three years | PolitiFact Tennessee

So, in a way you are correct, however, be just a little honest with yourself and everyone else, because it is not just the house....as you can see the house has passed a budget....what happens when it gets to the senate?

Silly, I am not the one saying it is just the House or just the Senate, in fact I am not seeing anyone here that wants to take any responsibility for their own. For me I simply stand back and shake my head in disgust at all the finger pointing and excuses, when one does not have any Party other than the United States of America it is easy to see what the real problem is, we do not wear the blinders everyone else seems to have had installed by their Masters.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:14 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Silly, I am not the one saying it is just the House or just the Senate, in fact I am not seeing anyone here that wants to take any responsibility for their own. For me I simply stand back and shake my head in disgust at all the finger pointing and excuses, when one does not have any Party other than the United States of America it is easy to see what the real problem is, we do not wear the blinders everyone else seems to have had installed by their Masters.
You very clearly stated in the post I quoted, to find out where budgets start, and you have the problem.

If you meant to say somthing else, then I apologize....but it is rather obvious what you stated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas
Where does the Budget originate in Congress and you have located the problem.

And yes, I agree it's congress....not a single side.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You very clearly stated in the post I quoted, to find out where budgets start, and you have the problem.

If you meant to say somthing else, then I apologize....but it is rather obvious what you stated...

And yes, I agree it's congress....not a single side.
ACTUALLY they are supposed to Start in the House then move to the Senate, the two hash out their changes and then send it on to the President for approval. But hey, we have a new method, The House sends Bills to the Senate and the Senate ignores them, and the Senate sends Bills to the House and the House ignores them. Working out great for the Nation isn't it

Old 10-07-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Obstructionism is reading Green Eggs and Ham while Rome Burns. Passing Partisan Bills that are known to be DOA when they reach the Sensate is Not passing Bills, it is simply playing games, especially when they come with a NO Compromise clause attached. No we do not agree, I see it as a major Problem with both Dems and Repubs, but I understand why Party pawns would not see the entire picture, your handlers make you wear blinders so you miss the whole picture. So keep kicking that can down the road and playing political games, when the Nations comes crashing to it's knees I bet you will even act as if you are surprised.

sorry buddy.

where the budget is concerned the way it works is, the house passes a bill and sends it to the senate.

the senate then passes their version. They are not required to pass the same bill the house sends them.

The opposition cannot fillibuster.

the two bills then go to conference to iron out the partisian differences.

the bill is then voted on by both houses.

See how that works? its called compromise and working to get the countries work done.

The republicans have done thier part. The democrats refuse and then blame republicans for thier refusal to do the peoples business.

I agree that it is partisian but it is the democrat party that is partisian and obstructionist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies