Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 08:39 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
I doubt that, they would have been familiar with the permanent black voluntary underclass of their day. There are always people like them in all places and times, who feel bottom is good enough and decide to stay there.

Can't do anything about them.

However most American blacks do "take care of business" then and now.

Wasn't just slavery, they also did dangerous construction/public work alongside those white people and got paid less for the same work and got treated vastly crappier while doing it.

Karma man. I suspect it's real.
Uh; word was us "Irish" before 1865 were hired by the slave owners to do the really dangerous work because a dead slave was very hard to replace but, we were a "dime a dozen". Just pay off the Irish widow and all was good. Some please be careful using the word "karma" here where "white" people are involved in this mess.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I know what the Irish went through 100 years ago and I also know one of the principal reasons we are not treated the way we were is because of the Irish political leaders who were able to get into power and make changes.

Plus, for better or for worse, we are classified as Anglo-saxon/European whites.
Like you said: it's called we stepped up and took care of business. IMHO Black people are the new "Irish"; like as in they WILL do fine in a few years but, many hard heads are gonna die 1st leaving those still alive who WILL be Ok.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Why should American blacks leave their own country? Why shouldn't they fight for equality in their own country?

What do you mean by assimilation? I don't think anyone should have to culturally assimilate in this country. Especially in this country.
Huh? There's NOTHING wrong with assimilating and LOTS wrong in NOT doing that. I'm talking about ANY country, not just the US. Sheesh!

Kinda if I decided to move to Ireland legally; I'd make damn sure to obey their rules and, try to follow their customs, at least those customs that are civilized. In other words: I WON'T start acting like a drunken hooligan just to fit in.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
What the hell does it mean to "talk white"?
Proper English: NOT that "ebonics" stuff. Tho ebonics is pretty much very old school PWT "English".

Old 10-09-2014, 09:36 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Huh? There's NOTHING wrong with assimilating and LOTS wrong in NOT doing that. I'm talking about ANY country, not just the US. Sheesh!

Kinda if I decided to move to Ireland legally; I'd make damn sure to obey their rules and, try to follow their customs, at least those customs that are civilized. In other words: I WON'T start acting like a drunken hooligan just to fit in.
You don't get it; black people have been here longer than anyone else other than Native Americans. Who are you to tell black people they need to "assimilate"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
She is brilliant in the way that she expresses herself. Maybe the leftwing will hate it, but everyone else will go awww.
Not really. I agreed with her comments. I find it stupid that I have to label myself an "African-American heterosexual."

I am a human, American-born, American-citizen taxpayer with primarily Negroid genetics (most American blacks have Caucasion and Mongoloid traces down the line). The point is.. I am human and American first.. but America doesn't want to claim me.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:44 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,791,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't know what you are talking about. Our nation is governed by Americans of many ethnic groups.
Let's not play dumb. Whites hold an overwhelming amount of power in the government and the media.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:45 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Like you said: it's called we stepped up and took care of business. IMHO Black people are the new "Irish"; like as in they WILL do fine in a few years but, many hard heads are gonna die 1st leaving those still alive who WILL be Ok.
Right but a lot of the things YOU and others are saying about current minority groups were said about OUR minority group before we were able to get into power.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:

Ummmm...

You do realize that America is uniquely different when it comes to customs and cultures, right? If I moved to another country, I MIGHT take part in some unique cultural events and celebrations but maybe I wouldn't. It doesn't mean I disrespect the culture, it just means I don't feel a connection to that ritual. Just like I don't celebrate Hanukkah because I feel absolutely no connection - religious or social - to the holiday at all.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:47 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,791,370 times
Quote:
Decent: a person who does NOT act like a hood rat. In other words: NOT trying to be a thug.
Define "hoodrat" and "thug".

Old 10-09-2014, 09:48 AM

Assimilation should not be expected. NO ONE should have to give up their heritage, culture or rituals unless they infringe on the rights of others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies