Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2014, 05:28 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
And yet I stated that any one who knows how health coverage works knew that wasn't true. Yet, at least the ACA gives people like these Wal-Mart employees the chance to have coverage.
They had coverage. Why do we accept our president making such blatant lies and just shrug our shoulders? Shouldn't we expect better than that?

It makes me wonder what lie it would take to make you decide it was unacceptable. Anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 05:52 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
who's "YOU"? you shouldn't make ASSumptions

ship sailed or not - we're STILL spending BILLIONS between Afghanistan (for NO GOOD REASON) and this new ISIS campaign. Americans in need be da*ned
Defnse is constitutional.

It's not the governments job to take care of the needy. That's the job of private charity.

Imagine what the founders would think? Bureaucrats taking earnings from one citizen and passing it along to another simply because they see a need.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:07 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
the amount of $$$ we spent on the war in Iraq could have provided universal healthcare to every American for 100's of years.
Oh, so the solution to health care is to take it out of defense? We don't need to defend America against our foes, I guess. Right? Let the Muslims come and overrun America, just as they have done to other countries in centuries past. Convert or die!

Why is it that liberals always measure a failed policy against what we spend to defend our country? Obamacare is a total failure, and a supreme waste of money. Admit it! And it is the cause of our poor job growth, and the decline of net income for families across America.

But, we don't need a defense! You fool!

Old 10-08-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You? I in no way support what was done and have argued over and over that Obamacare is nothing more than a massive subsidy to the insurance companies but I support the same idea.

Bring our soldiers home, end the wars and there is plenty of money to cover health care for everyone. It's sad that so many can only see (R) or (D). How is it that everything is so black and white to you?
And, if we abandon the "War on Terror," and just let the Muslims win, and they overrun all of the Middle East, and then, as they have promised to do, begin in earnest to convert the rest of the World to Islam, including the destruction of the United States, where will the money come from to fight that war? When we have shifted all our resources for defense to domestic "programs" and, government provided health insurance, will we not still need to come up with the funds to fight our enemies?

This kind of thinking is just plain foolish, and misguided.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "PEACE DIVIDEND."

Old 10-08-2014, 06:21 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And, if we abandon the "War on Terror," and just let the Muslims win, and they overrun all of the Middle East, and then, as they have promised to do, begin in earnest to convert the rest of the World to Islam, including the destruction of the United States, where will the money come from to fight that war? When we have shifted all our resources for defense to domestic "programs" and, government provided health insurance, will we not still need to come up with the funds to fight our enemies?

[/i]
Sounds like the same kind of "domino theory" argument that lead to the US spending a decade in Vietnam. That went well, right? Hell, our second war in Iraq went so well, didn't it?

Old 10-08-2014, 06:26 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
I worked a dozen or more part-time jobs in my lifetime. I didn't get health insurance benefits with any of them.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We are so far in debt because of the wars. Because of the huge bailouts of those who should be in prison. Yes, my argument encompasses more than just the wars.
Defense is a necessary expense, and one that is Constitutionally established as a duty of the Federal government. Health care for all, is not.

It matters not that you don't like war and think it is a waste of money. Nobody "likes" war. Unfortunately when there are people in the world that are dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization, and especially the United States of America, we had better not spare any expense to defend ourselves, and defeat that enemy.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Oh, so the solution to health care is to take it out of defense? We don't need to defend America against our foes, I guess. Right? Let the Muslims come and overrun America, just as they have done to other countries in centuries past. Convert or die!
Defense is far less expensive than what we are doing today. We can defend the country for a fraction of what we are going in debt for today.

Quote:
Why is it that liberals always measure a failed policy against what we spend to defend our country? Obamacare is a total failure, and a supreme waste of money. Admit it! And it is the cause of our poor job growth, and the decline of net income for families across America.

But, we don't need a defense! You fool!
One shouldn't complain about a supreme waste of money by defending another supreme waste of money. With that I agree so don't do it.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:

This kind of thinking is just plain foolish, and misguided.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "PEACE DIVIDEND."
One has to wonder why Australia, Japan, France, Germany, China, Canada, Switzerland, Finland, etc etc etc doesn't seem to think this way.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Defense is a necessary expense, and one that is Constitutionally established as a duty of the Federal government. Health care for all, is not.

Nobody is complaining about defending the country. Your strawman is dismissed. If you want to stick to the argument, fine, if not I understand.

Iraq did absolutely nothing to us. Neither did Afghanistan, Syria or Libya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies