Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 02:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We have $16 trillion in debt. Do we just forget about that and print some new money to spend ?
LOL, debt didn't you know liberals think money falls from trees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 02:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Not in my state they won't. They won't get it in a lot of states unless the ACA law is changed.

Judge: No Obamacare subsidies through federal insurance marketplace - CBS News
Well I'm sure Reid and Pelosi and the other Dems in Congress are working on a fix for the American people.
Aren't they ?
Should be simple to amend Obamacare to correct the bad wording.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They have been scaling back on healthcare coverage for part time workers since 2011 so this is nothing new, heck most big retailers never have offered it or dropped it years ago. Blaming it on Obamacare sounds more like an excuse to finally finish cutting off what benefits they have been paying. If you are working at Walmart as a part time employee and expected to be treated well by them you deserve to be exactly where you are since this is nothing new for Walmart.
And the concept of Obamacare just started in 2014. Get with it Casper. Are people really this dumb? And use common sense, Walmart doesn't need an excuse if they wanted to cut healthcare.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:08 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
sounds like your company subsidized your health care costs quite substantially. 150.00 a month for two? Of course, you don't think that was the total monthly cost for your health insurance? That was a major perk most don't get in the workforce. Don't see how Obamacare could ever live up to those figures. After all, it is 100% private insurance. It's just purchased through a federal or state exchange.
Absolutely they helped. And you stated it, that is a perk. Private or not, it doesn't matter to me. The bottom line is it is going to cost me a substatial amount more for insurance. $1000+ a month for two doesn't seem "affordable for all" to me.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
My insurance is going up. Obamacare was supposed to make insurance more affordable for all. Remember the $2500 claim?

If Obamacare had never passed Wal-Mart may have dropped insurance for this group of people by now anyway but Obamacare has been a joke.
LOL, and the Obama morons actually applauded when Obama said that. Obama and his cronies had to be laughing their asses off at the stupidity. If you watch the video, Obama had to work hard at "trying" to keep the smirk off his face.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:10 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
No it isn't. The policies that are making the lower wages no longer viable is what is crushing workers and the economy.
Are you sure it's not the rich who lobby for the government to pass policies. I doubt that the government decided to repeal banking legislation in the 1990's on their own.

Quote:
Boom?
Hiring across the board was up in September and not just service sector jobs. It was the first time since the crash we had a "yeah but" month of unemployment dropping.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
They have been scaling back on healthcare coverage for part time workers since 2011 so this is nothing new, heck most big retailers never have offered it or dropped it years ago. Blaming it on Obamacare sounds more like an excuse to finally finish cutting off what benefits they have been paying. If you are working at Walmart as a part time employee and expected to be treated well by them you deserve to be exactly where you are since this is nothing new for Walmart.
offering health insurance for part time workers is very rare. The company I retired from had great benefits for both full time and part timers but part timers did not get any health care benefits. The airline my daughter works for is one of the few, if not the only one that offers part timers health care benefits. They have now merged and she feels soon they will no longer get health care benefits. She has also been forced to increase her part time hours and the shifts are less desirable. The main reason she works is for her health coverage, even though her premiums have doubled in the past year.
Walmart isn't the only company that is removing insurance from part timers. I can fully understand their doing this and I can add, I know a few people who work for WalMart, both full and part time. They do not think it is such a bad place to work. There are many who work for them, that are lucky to have jobs.

Fox Terrier: tell us how many companies you know that offer part timers health insurance?

Old 10-07-2014, 02:14 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
"The U.S. war in Iraq has cost $1.7 trillion with an additional $490 billion in benefits owed to war veterans, expenses that could grow to more than $6 trillion over the next four decades counting interest, a study released on Thursday said."

Iraq war costs U.S. more than $2 trillion: study | Reuters

US Wars in Afghanistan, Iraq to Cost $6 trillion | Global Research

"The decade-long American wars in Afghanistan and Iraq would end up costing as much as $6 trillion, the equivalent of $75,000 for every American household, calculates the prestigious Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government. "

Hmm, I wonder how much health insurance $75K would buy??

there's your "moonmath"

ETA: one more, just for ****s and giggles
The Total Iraq and Afghanistan Pricetag: Over $4 Trillion - US News
Let us say that the two wars actually do end up totalling $6 trillion. Can that really buy "universal health care for every American for 100 years?"

According to a 2012 Deloitte study: The Hidden Costs of US Health Care: Health care spending for 2014 + 2015 is estimated to be $7.84 trillion.

According to actual math, it looks like taking every last penny of the $6 trillion spent on wars in iraq and Afghanistan funds universal healthcare for every American for about 18 months. OK, great, free healthcare for a year and a half. Now what? No more hypothetical wars to take funding from, no giant imaginary boosts to the economy, so now where's your funding for universal health care for every American? The Deloitte totals of true costs exceed the entire federal budget. That is to say, America spends more on its helath care now than the government spends on everything it does overall, not just war.

You need to do a whole lot more than just go back in time and not fight wars in iraq and Afghanistan if you want universal health care for every American like most enjoy right now. Doubling the federal bduget for starters, and go ahead and sell that tax increase to the masses. Raping every asset of every millionaire and billionaire in our country only funds current spending for about 2.5 years. If you double the budget, you get 15 months by bankrupting every rich person in the country. Then what? You're fresh out of rich people, and all those doctors, nurses, CNPs, PAs and the like all want paid, and oh yeah, we are already running a shortage of all of the above.

So by all means, keep living your arithmetically ignorant fantasies where going back in time and not fighting two wars cures all problems. It doesn't address even a single real problem, but if it helps you sleep better...hey, more power to you.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well this should be a plus for Obamacare.

Now folks can get subsidized insurance not tied to an employer.
Now they are no longer tied to their job because of health insurance.
You don't even have to have a job anymore....Just what Obama wanted. Everyone can get on welfare and be a taker.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yeah, I'm finding out that is a bunch of BS. I will be out of a job in the next few months, most likely. So If I can't find something in this timeframe I'm preparing for the worst. Since I carry the insurance for my wife and I it is going to hurt us. I pay just shy of $150 monthly for the two of us thru my company. My next job will most likely be contract since it is very hard to find something direct so generally health care is provided , around $1000-1200 a month for two people. So I though Obamacare would be a good choice and the more I research the more it doesn't sound so good. Two people, roughly $160-170k combined income, we are going to get boned.
You got that right, it was just another Obama lie as if anyone with a brain would believe it. But oh those Obama idiots he was talking to cheered. My insurance skyrocketed. Obama is doing a great job at making more people poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies