Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 08:58 AM

2,025 posts, read 4,176,333 times

Advertisements

I liked Ken Hamblin, and was disappointed when he disappeared. Tis OK, Herman Caine does a great job of toying with those folks so invested in their minority status that they forgot they are Americans, or dont want to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 10:36 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
I liked Ken Hamblin, and was disappointed when he disappeared. Tis OK, Herman Caine does a great job of toying with those folks so invested in their minority status that they forgot they are Americans, or dont want to be.
Most black folks have no idea who Herman Cain is...sorry to inform you.

And even when he was somewhat visible, he wasn't a dinnertime topic.

He's gone the way of Ken Hamblin.

Old 10-11-2014, 07:34 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Certain people just can't accept the truth when they hear it.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:50 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
This was a radio talk host from the 1990's from Denver, Colorado. He was an associate of fellow talk host Richard Berg, who was shot by white supremacists. One of his favorite phrases was 'cut the pie down the middle' and he always did exactly that. No fudging of data, no thumb on the scale, no laws for thee, but not for me. Always down the middle.

Here he overwhelms a young Chris Rock, and is rewarded w/ boos from the audience.

Ken Hamblin on Chris Rock Show interview - YouTube
I remember Ken Hamblin. He was on an episode of Montell criticizing hip hop music.

Essentially, he thinks very lowly of black people, because he pretends that black people think grabbing your crotch and cursing in front of peoples' moms is ok or that such behavior Explains anything about America.

The whole black people behave badly so that's why blah blah, is a lie that depends on not being able to observe the behavior of Americans who aren't black, and they aren't practicing perfect etiquette in their behavior.

His statement about America being the best blah blah pick another country is more useless blather.

In his own life, America was racist against black people by law, so why didn't black people just say America is the best blah, blah, blah, nation pick another country, instead of changing things for the better?

My basic issue with Ken Hamblin is the focus on petty stuff while ignoring huge stuff.

So he talks about crotch grabbing a nothing issue, while Id discuss unemployment stats. You know reality.

While he insists that getting an education ensures success, the stats show that for black people that's less likely to be true by a wide margin, but people like him see those stats as excuses, but crotch grabbing as determinative.

It's buffonery and ignorance.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:30 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I remember Ken Hamblin. He was on an episode of Montell criticizing hip hop music.

Essentially, he thinks very lowly of black people, because he pretends that black people think grabbing your crotch and cursing in front of peoples' moms is ok or that such behavior Explains anything about America.

The whole black people behave badly so that's why blah blah, is a lie that depends on not being able to observe the behavior of Americans who aren't black, and they aren't practicing perfect etiquette in their behavior.

His statement about America being the best blah blah pick another country is more useless blather.

In his own life, America was racist against black people by law, so why didn't black people just say America is the best blah, blah, blah, nation pick another country, instead of changing things for the better?

My basic issue with Ken Hamblin is the focus on petty stuff while ignoring huge stuff.

So he talks about crotch grabbing a nothing issue, while Id discuss unemployment stats. You know reality.

While he insists that getting an education ensures success, the stats show that for black people that's less likely to be true by a wide margin, but people like him see those stats as excuses, but crotch grabbing as determinative.

It's buffonery and ignorance.
Uh; if I grabbed my crotch like Mr Hamblin said; that'd make me look real ignorant and race doesn't have much to do with it. It'd be trashy for Miley Cyrus to do it on the street and she's def "white".

Word is 1st impressions count and count big.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:47 PM

1 posts, read 681 times
Ken Hamblin was/IS brilliant. He angered his fellow blacks at times ( a lot) because he refused to accept the victim excuses some claim caused all their own bad choices. He stringently advocated taking responsibility and making life good. Plain common sense and clear values are his cornerstones. He lives in Douglas County, CO just south of Denver, is retired, and has earned our respect.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:37 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Blast from the past....remember him well. Ken never fell into the group-think so common on the left.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:26 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,864 times
Still here in Colorado.
Retired in Frisco in beautiful Summit County.

Quote:
"I didn't want to sit on Fox News and try to convince people that America was a great country," he says.
"And I didn't want to go on CNN and argue with people who didn't want to leave Harlem or Watts because of their own xenophobia. I reached a burnout point."
Ken Hamblin remembers Alan Berg 25 years later

Old 07-16-2015, 04:58 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
The "black avenger?'

Old 07-16-2015, 05:42 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Just another of a long line of black media types who wanted to appease the white conservatives. Scolding and belittling people isn't the answer but it'll sure sell a lot of adds on right wing radio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies