Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 03:05 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

President Obama needs to shake up his White House staff to give new life to his presidency, top Democratic strategists and former White House veterans say. They argue Obama needs an infusion of talent if he hopes to recover over his final two years in office. One prominent party strategist said Obama “should take a flamethrower to his office.” "He needs dramatic change — it’s not even a debatable point,” the strategist said. “The general consensus that the president is surrounded by people who do him more harm than good because they are more focused on pleasing him than they are challenging him or proposing a different course.”

Dems want White House shakeup | TheHill

So, I just want to ask Democrats only, who do you think needs to go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 03:22 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
President Obama needs to shake up his White House staff to give new life to his presidency, top Democratic strategists and former White House veterans say. They argue Obama needs an infusion of talent if he hopes to recover over his final two years in office. One prominent party strategist said Obama “should take a flamethrower to his office.” "He needs dramatic change — it’s not even a debatable point,” the strategist said. “The general consensus that the president is surrounded by people who do him more harm than good because they are more focused on pleasing him than they are challenging him or proposing a different course.”

Dems want White House shakeup | TheHill

All of them from the top down.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:24 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint
And another with spots
If I had my way
I'd have all of you shot!

-- Roger Waters, In The Flesh

I'm an independent, and it would appear that there is NOBODY in the Obama Administration worth salvaging. When you are a political neophyte who judges people by the color of their skin instead of the content of their character, like our president does, you'll surround yourself with people like you. And those people are by and large, incompetent.

Put another way, any administration that would actually harbor a known moron like Valerie Jarrett cannot be saved from itself.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint
And another with spots
If I had my way
I'd have all of you shot!

-- Roger Waters, In The Flesh

I'm an independent, and it would appear that there is NOBODY in the Obama Administration worth salvaging. When you are a political neophyte who judges people by the color of their skin instead of the content of their character, like our president does, you'll surround yourself with people like you. And those people are by and large, incompetent.

Put another way, any administration that would actually harbor a known moron like Valerie Jarrett cannot be saved from itself.
Interdependent means you dont belong to a Party, it says nothing of your ideology or bias. For example, Bernie Sanders is an Independent.

Also, please show some example that actually back up your claims.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:35 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Susan Rice and Samantha Power.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Sounds like Elizabeth Warren wants to be President.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:41 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Interdependent means you dont belong to a Party, it says nothing of your ideology or bias. For example, Bernie Sanders is an Independent.

Also, please show some example that actually back up your claims.
If they are in his administration then they support it. What other proof do you need than that? Everything Obama has done has failed - Obamacare rollout failed, stimulus failed, Russian reset of relations failed, securing Benghazi embassy failed, red line against Syria using chemical weapons failed, cutting the deficit in half failed, running the most transparent administration failed, closing Gitmo failed, not having lobbyists in the administration failed, putting all legislation up for the public to view failed, securing our border failed, lowering unemployment to pre-recession levels failed - and these are the people who implemented and supported those failures.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:41 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Obama took care of that with Podesta....Also known for his passion regarding UFOs.

"President Barrack Obama has hired incendiary lobbyist and political activist John Podesta as a top advisor for the president’s remaining two years in office. The hire promises to reduce transparency and increase partisan rancor coming from the Oval Office.
Confrontational Politics
In December, the Obama administration hired John Podesta, mainly known for his radical environmental agenda and his creation of the confrontational leftist think tank Center for American Progress (CAP). Prior to his hire, Podesta’s CAP argued Obama should become more aggressive in issuing executive orders and more pugnacious in his relations with congressional Republicans.

Podesta caused a political uproar at the time he accepted the Obama administration position, comparing the Republican Party to "a cult worthy of Jonestown" in an interview with Politico."

Old 10-12-2014, 03:42 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Sounds like Elizabeth Warren wants to be President.
Yes, and get ready to learn to love eating tree bark and grass. That's where the path of anti-capitalism ends up.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:53 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Not a Dem and not a Rep but I don't think any huge changes are on the horizon with a solipsist in the oval office.

Then again, the possibility exists that I could be totally wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies