Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 01:49 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Let's eliminate police then. Clearly they represent this undeniable threat in all our lives, so why are we not simply getting rid of them?
Why, so a handful of idiots that have probably been arrested more than once due to their own actions and have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to law enforcement can feel finally feel good about their worthless lives? No I believe I will stick with having law and order and yes when one of them other Humans that wears a badge messes up I believe they should also be held accountable, just like the rest of us Humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 01:53 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,515,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why, so a handful of idiots that have probably been arrested more than once due to their own actions and have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to law enforcement can feel finally feel good about their worthless lives? No I believe I will stick with having law and order and yes when one of them other Humans that wears a badge messes up I believe they should also be held accountable, just like the rest of us Humans.
Yeah we go around shooting up schools, blowing stuff up, raping people, doing drugs and we go insane when a cop shoots one person.

Old 10-15-2014, 02:00 PM

13,973 posts, read 5,634,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hey, I agree that the hysteria far outweighs the reality, but to the folks who complain so vehemently, I am asking why not just push to eliminate cops in general, since they are such the scourge on society? Certainly in predomninantly black areas where SYSTEMATIC RACISM (tm) is allegedly the clear norm, I'd think getting rid of police entirely would fix everything right up.

Any of the cop haters out there care to weigh in?

Old 10-15-2014, 02:22 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,835,033 times
It is amazing to me how dumb people are on this forum and prejudice lol!.

FWIW in regards to systematic racism, it does't just happen in "predominately black areas." It is systematic, covers our entire country, so just taking police from predominately black areas will not solve systematic racism or issues with police in general.

Many of you are ignorant to the fact that police have and do harm, harrass, and kill white people and hispanics and Asians too. Black people are just more loud about these injustices than others but if change occurs, just like the Civil Rights struggle primarily implemented by blacks initially (and which included a lot of whites BTW) everyone stands to gain from a less prejudicial society.

In regards to the OP, I'm sure police have killed more than Ebola and ISIS, that is a silly comparison.

In regards to the ongoing stereotypical discussion of some posters about black women needing to be gassed because they go crazy over hair weave/wigs, you all are pretty crazy. FWIW, more black women are going back to their natural hair anyway. Mostly low class trashy people fight over weave. Someone with some sense wouldn't be in line for weave anyway. And I don't think a crowd should be gassed for getting rowdy over weave, but that is just me lol.

In regards to black people committing 90% of violent crime in the country, that is also not true. Took a break from this forum and come back and see the crazy black haters have taken over.

Old 10-15-2014, 02:24 PM

13,973 posts, read 5,634,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

FWIW in regards to systematic racism, it does't just happen in "predominately black areas." It is systematic, covers our entire country, so just taking police from predominately black areas will not solve systematic racism or issues with police in general.

Many of you are ignorant to the fact that police have and do harm, harrass, and kill white people and hispanics and Asians too. Black people are just more loud about these injustices than others but if change occurs, just like the Civil Rights struggle primarily implemented by blacks initially (and which included a lot of whites BTW) everyone stands to gain from a less prejudicial society.

In regards to the OP, I'm sure police have killed more than Ebola and ISIS, that is a silly comparison.

In regards to the ongoing stereotypical discussion of some posters about black women needing to be gassed because they go crazy over hair weave/wigs, you all are pretty crazy. FWIW, more black women are going back to their natural hair anyway. Mostly low class trashy people fight over weave. Someone with some sense wouldn't be in line for weave anyway. And I don't think a crowd should be gassed for getting rowdy over weave, but that is just me lol.

In regards to black people committing 90% of violent crime in the country, that is also not true. Took a break from this forum and come back and see the crazy black haters have taken over.
Then again, why not just get rid of cops? All they do is cause harm and suffering, so why have them at all?

Old 10-15-2014, 02:36 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Voices of reason and rational thought are Forbidden here, get with the program

Old 10-15-2014, 02:38 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Not even the criminals would support that !!! Do you think there is anywhere this guy won't go to get at the defendant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ffpDI3kLo

Old 10-15-2014, 02:51 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,835,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Then again, why not just get rid of cops? All they do is cause harm and suffering, so why have them at all?
No one says "all they do is cause harm and suffering."

Black people in Ferguson don't say that. Black people in general don't say that either (I am black).

What most of these protestors want is reform of the police departments and and end to excessive force on non-violent, non-armed offenders, who are not threatening the police officer.

Many black people, including myself, want a de-militarization of police. Many black people, including myself would rather have all cops wear body cameras to make them aware of their actions.

And FWIW, most black people I know, including myself, have friends and family who are police officers, especially those of us who live in major metropolitan areas. We know there are good and bad cops. We also know that white cops aren't the only ones who use excessive force (I personally believe black cops are more apt to be demeaning and violent than white cops due to the white officers being aware that their actions can be seen as racist and they would be more likely to be reprimanded harshly for any perceived, racist action). There was a movie made way back in 1990something "Boyz N tha Hood" that showed a a$$hole black cop in it. Many black people view those types of black cops as worse than the white ones.

So it is reform, not total eradication that these people are protesting about. I don't see why you all don't get that. And FWIW, many white people also support a demilitarization of police. In GA a few months ago the police threw some sort of grenade into a baby's crib and burned the child, disfiguring him (not a black family/child). We all should be concerned about this sort of military policing.

"Baby Disfigured by Police Grenade Leaves Hospital"

Old 10-15-2014, 03:11 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
When one throws his hands up, admits intellectual defeat, and proposes an extreme position to dodge solving a problem he has removed himself from the debate.

I'm not a cop hater but I don't mind giving an answer.

A detailed answer would be so long no one would read it. So the short answer is as I have stated before. It starts at the Supreme Court who rapes the constitutional freedoms it was meant to provide and permeates through every level of government below them. There needs to be a balance of power not only in/for the government but for the people. The deck is shuffled and stacked then they deal off the bottom. Congress and the President no matter the party share responsibility for their part in it as well. Police Departments that have good leadership that uphold high standards are generally supported by the community. That is where you will find them doing a good job. With little to no corruption and a display of respect back and forth BETWEEN police and citizen.

If you have one rotten apple and fail to remove it eventually the whole barrel goes bad. Silly old saying but true none the less.

Old 10-15-2014, 03:40 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,138,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Mellisa Harris Perry, said she feared blue flashing lights, more than she feared ISIS or EBOLA.

I have to say, she may be right.
Rouge police have killed more innocent Americans, than ISIS and EBOLA combined.

In other words, as a Constitutional Conservative, I see her point.
BentBow, when do you think the police state started?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies