Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 06:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
BentBow, when do you think the police state started?

First time was the day of Ft Sumter.
It accelerated when the FBI was created.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 05:41 AM

28,958 posts, read 30,307,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
When one throws his hands up, admits intellectual defeat, and proposes an extreme position to dodge solving a problem he has removed himself from the debate.

I'm not a cop hater but I don't mind giving an answer.

A detailed answer would be so long no one would read it. So the short answer is as I have stated before. It starts at the Supreme Court who rapes the constitutional freedoms it was meant to provide and permeates through every level of government below them. There needs to be a balance of power not only in/for the government but for the people. The deck is shuffled and stacked then they deal off the bottom. Congress and the President no matter the party share responsibility for their part in it as well. Police Departments that have good leadership that uphold high standards are generally supported by the community. That is where you will find them doing a good job. With little to no corruption and a display of respect back and forth BETWEEN police and citizen.

If you have one rotten apple and fail to remove it eventually the whole barrel goes bad. Silly old saying but true none the less.
If your leaders are corrupt, so to will your people be!!!!

Old 10-16-2014, 05:59 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,508,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Well, let's change the timeline then and it would still be accurate..

In the last year, Police have killed more innocent lives in the USA, than ISIS or EBOLA.

You didn't think that through.... The trap was set and you fell right in.

The Police State is more of a danger to the people of the USA, than ISIS or EBOLA.
The statistics are there to make the point.
Just because Mellisa Harris Perry is a MSNBC personality, doesn't mean she is always wrong.
and in the last month gangs and thugs have killed more americans, than in the last 10 years of accidental killings by cops

Old 10-16-2014, 06:07 AM

604 posts, read 935,449 times
I've often wondered who that person is who watches MSNBC.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:13 AM

45,249 posts, read 26,488,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and in the last month gangs and thugs have killed more americans, than in the last 10 years of accidental killings by cops
Gee I wonder whose drug war created those gangs and thugs?

Old 10-16-2014, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Gee I wonder whose drug war created those gangs and thugs?
it was the liberals who outlawed help/maryjane

and its not the drugs that drive the gangs and thugs...its the liberal welfare for life mentality

Old 10-16-2014, 06:32 AM

45,249 posts, read 26,488,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
it was the liberals who outlawed help/maryjane

and its not the drugs that drive the gangs and thugs...its the liberal welfare for life mentality
Liberal this, conservative that lol

Tell us why then when conservatives have a majority they dont abolish these programs?

Old 10-16-2014, 06:40 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,957,908 times
Quote:

Tell us why then when conservatives have a majority they dont abolish these programs?
Wow I see they had a quick reply and well thought out answer to that simple question. LOL I can see some far right brains locked up trying to figure it out and waiting for a witty reply from their handlers.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:

cons have the majority now???

funny I thought the dems controlled the senate

as to when they have the majority...all the so-called studies sit their and say how bad pot is....me I say legalize it

there are 1001 uses for hemp...yet everyone localizes on the ONE usage

Old 10-16-2014, 06:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,957,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
My last run-in with the police was at 2:00AM, for speeding in a 50mph zone, after 6 hours of being used to traveling at 75mph. He let me off with a warning.

Maybe I was let off so lightly because I did not punch him in the face?
That would one very good idea, if you had you might not be here, and rightly so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies