Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 09:06 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,226,123 times

Advertisements

When Cops Rape ... and Nothing Happens | Alternet

What you and people like you don't get is that it takes more than just the offending cop to cover up illegal acts committed by cops. The "thin blue line" are all co-conspirators. Laugh on and keep that head buried in the sand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and you constantly say the same thing over and over and over again, but the key words are law enforcement! You mean to tell me, you actually believe that ALL of Law Enforcement is above the law, unaccountable, rapes, and kills?

My God, you are just unable to grasp how ridiculous you sound and is beyond amusing! Literally hysterically funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 09:13 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Graveyards and morgues are "occupied" by totally innocent Americans that thought like you! Victims of wrong-house raids, or wrecks caused by cops speeding to the donut shop. When cops beat up people just because they have Downs Syndrome, or kill old, non-aggressive family pets just because they can, something is wrong. Don't think that because you obey the law that you are immune from terrorist acts!
You are correct. It does happen, and often departments try to cover it up as best they can. Sometimes they are held accountable, but other times it's just too expensive and emotionally devastating for the families or victims to pursue legal action and sometimes they just settle quietly.

I don't really think that cops "speed to the donut shop", but they do speed when there's no real emergency. If questioned, they'll say they are on a blood run (transporting blood to a hospital). Sometimes they are, sometimes they're not, but we can't use that excuse and most times we can't get away with any excuse. Even if we just try to explain it sounds like we're trying to make excuses. Better to just be cool, calm and collected and agree with the cop that, yes, you realize you were speeding and you're sorry for not paying closer attention.

However, all that said, I still support our police officers because the majority are doing an outstanding job in the face of cultural chaos and p.c. madness at great risk to themselves and the public.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:15 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Why would anyone punch him in the face just for stopping a car speeding?
The why is not the point, it's that punching a cop can turn a simple warning into something else.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:16 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The why is not the point, it's that punching a cop can turn a simple warning into something else.
Well, that's guaranteed.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:54 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
You are correct. It does happen, and often departments try to cover it up as best they can. Sometimes they are held accountable, but other times it's just too expensive and emotionally devastating for the families or victims to pursue legal action and sometimes they just settle quietly.

I don't really think that cops "speed to the donut shop", but they do speed when there's no real emergency. If questioned, they'll say they are on a blood run (transporting blood to a hospital). Sometimes they are, sometimes they're not, but we can't use that excuse and most times we can't get away with any excuse. Even if we just try to explain it sounds like we're trying to make excuses. Better to just be cool, calm and collected and agree with the cop that, yes, you realize you were speeding and you're sorry for not paying closer attention.

However, all that said, I still support our police officers because the majority are doing an outstanding job in the face of cultural chaos and p.c. madness at great risk to themselves and the public.
You are talking to a genuine Cop Hater, using logic, common sense and pointing to reality are all pointless, haters simply hate. Usually due to their own actions which resulted in them getting held accountable for their actions so now they have a grudge.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:35 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:

I think most people would find it hard to believe that cops would speed to a doughnut shop. But watch at about 4 min. into the video and you will see they do. I never would have believed in million years without proof.

Police Caught in the Act | Video - ABC News

Another statistic you will not find is how many civilians are killed by this activity. But they do keep data on officers killed in auto related deaths and it runs around 50% of all officer deaths.

Last edited by phma; 10-15-2014 at 10:44 AM..

Old 10-15-2014, 10:46 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,510,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I think most people would find it hard to believe that cops would speed to a doughnut shop. But watch at about 4 min. into the video and you will see they do. I never would have believed in million years without proof.

Police Caught in the Act | Video - ABC News

Another statistic you will not find is how many civilians are killed by this activity. But they do keep data on officers killed in auto related deaths and it runs around 50% of all officer deaths.
That's nothing, civilians are way worse than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2w4ZLh0P5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TERJbqCfkhY

Old 10-15-2014, 11:45 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
That's not an example from the USA. Looks like Russia but no matter where it happens it's total disregard to safety of everyone. No one should be excused for reckless endangerment or vehicular homicide when they kill someone.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:39 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,510,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That's not an example from the USA. Looks like Russia but no matter where it happens it's total disregard to safety of everyone. No one should be excused for reckless endangerment or vehicular homicide when they kill someone.
But the point is they are not cops, when cops do something wrong people riot and people say they should wear cameras. even though civilians are far more dangerous than cops.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:43 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Let's eliminate police then. Clearly they represent this undeniable threat in all our lives, so why are we not simply getting rid of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies