Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 04:30 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
you may not like to hear this, but Obama is your President and things like this aren't funny. They're grossly disrespectful and if someone did this while GWB were President you would have probably burst an artery.
You must have slept thru Bush's time in office.
I do find it disrespectful as I found the effigies, Bush in a noose, etc. disrespectful but lefties crying about it like they have never seen a President mocked before would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:31 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Many Americans are uncouth and tactless. And common sense is at an all time low. Hyperbole is at an all time high and people don't even know what that word means (see post 40). There isn't much thinking going on when it comes to "socially acceptable", it's either over the top hate and the "free speech dare me to shut up" crap or "waaah you're oppressing me with using a word I've deems racist/sexist/homophobic".

Some of use in between get a laugh out of it, and also feel sick over the fact that we have to live with all of them/you. Sorry.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:35 PM

654 posts, read 1,250,837 times
wow!

Old 10-13-2014, 04:42 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
What's funny is that conservatives are claiming it's not currently disrespectful, but were once peeved enough to still have quick access to prior acts of disrespect.
I provided it. (with google you always have quick access to many things). I said it wasn't a big deal either way.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:56 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Whatever. The most fundamental, important form of free speech is criticizing, lampooning and even being vulgar towards our political class. It's the basis for the 1st Amendment's existence, the protecting of political free speech.

The President of the US is not a monarch, emperor, or demigod. He's an elected official in the position of the most scrutiny and most subject to criticism. That's the job and it has downsides. Americans are too easily offended and need to get over themselves. It's a freaking joke, and a decently subtle and funny one at that.

Free speech, get over it.
Great post, and I couldn't agree more. I'm glad to live in a country where one is free to express their unhappiness with their elected officials. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I saw this and I laughed. I recall seeing similar ones when Bush was in office and I laughed then, too.

This is America. The first amendment is one of our most precious and cherished rights, and that's true even when we disagree with others when they exercise that right.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:59 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Attention liberals: We have the right to free speech in this country.

You do not have the right to not be offended by the free speech of others.....

Woman says fake Obama tombstone is disrespectful | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com
wonder if the woman is offended by the fake bush tombstones

this is from 2004
Should I make Styrofoam tombstones with anti-Bush slogans for Halloween - Democratic Underground

or are liberals only offended if its their guy

Old 10-13-2014, 04:59 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
"Your" president is a serial killer. To start with, he and hog meat killed four good Americans at Benghazi. He is responsible for many more, both of them are. He allows the slaughter of thousands by his incompetence and cowardice.
Yep, I even support classless, lowlife, despicable free speech like this. And the good thing about free speech is it allows the lowlife classless among us to show themselves so we know who we're dealing with.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:08 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yep, I even support classless, lowlife, despicable free speech like this. And the good thing about free speech is it allows the lowlife classless among us to show themselves so we know who we're dealing with.
Don't be so hard on yourself, after you have the opportunity to experience life a little longer, perhaps you won't have such a low opinion of yourself.. There is still hope...

Old 10-13-2014, 05:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Don't be so hard on yourself, after you have the opportunity to experience life a little longer, perhaps you won't have such a low opinion of yourself.. There is still hope...
Why did you feel the need to personally attack this poster for simply noting they support free speech whether they agree with the speech or not? You are unable to provide a rebuttal to that so you just attack?

Old 10-13-2014, 05:13 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Attention liberals: We have the right to free speech in this country.

You do not have the right to not be offended by the free speech of others.....

Woman says fake Obama tombstone is disrespectful | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com

ATTENTION non-liberals: We have the right to free speech in this country.

We DO have the right to be offended by the free speech of others.

This display is immature and just plain stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies