Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2014, 10:46 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,828,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAGeorge View Post

What I do know is that one lying SOB got here,,,and that wouldn't of happened if the doors weren't left wide open,,and two nurses are sick because of that...
And how do you he lied? Did Duncan give you a death bed confession?

Reportedly, he recieved his tourist visa in early August, well before he was exposed. Given the extremely limited flights out of Liberia, one can't just show up at the airport and hop a flight to Brussels. It takes advance planning.

If he knew he had been exposed and lied, he could have increased his chances of survival had he thought to mention Ebola when he first presented at the ER. Sure would have saved the hospital from wasting time on CT scans, looking for gall stones.

It's more likely he was in denial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 11:12 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,472,127 times
"Hi, Tom Frieden at the CDC here. Folks, don't worry. We have this all under control. Your safety is our top priority. Now please excuse us while we get this feverish Ebola nurse on a commercial flight."

Old 10-17-2014, 12:51 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,484,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Actually.....in this case, you have to give him a little credit. Not a lot, but a little. He himself has been just about a total idiot on this whole thing, along with CDC. That is....until yesterday, when he finally probably decided to try to show SOME leadership before he left to play golf or go running off to campaign.

The reason for the weak response from other first-world nations is that they expect US--as in United States of America--to step in and shoulder most of the load--manpower and money. After all, WE are the world's babysitters.

Screw the rest of the world, including Europe and almost all of Africa. When we finally leave, the customs that contributed to the rapid spread of Ebola in the third world are NOT going to change. It will be back to business as usual.

Our esteemed leader (yeah, heavy sarcasm) should have banned issuing any visas from the hardest-hit areas--and the only Ebola patients allowed into the US will be only Americans, period.

The rest can take care of themselves.
Good points.

And yes, I like to call the US the "great enabler" as the world now expects the great 'ole US to have our wallet open to solve the worlds problems. Ironically, while we fail to address many of our own problems.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:51 AM

654 posts, read 1,251,936 times
[MOD CUT/off topic]

Breaking News:

Dallas medical worker on Cruise is showing signs of the Ebola:

Belize Confirms Patient With Ebola Symptoms On Cruise Ship Off Its Coast

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-18-2014 at 07:45 AM..

Old 10-17-2014, 12:55 AM

2,413 posts, read 4,468,083 times
I seriously cannot believe that a medical worker being monitored for Ebola would think it was perfectly fine to get onto a freaking cruise ship. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

They're now having to bring the entire ship back to Galveston to remove the person. And spoiling everyone else's vacation.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem above obvious to a lot of people, both here and on the NPR comment line as well. It's all "blame the nurse, blame the nurse".
Right. It really burns me that the 1st jump was to blame the nurse as it's her fault. Nurses I've known and in this case are/sound like very dedicated and consciousness people and I'm sure they didn't just decide "well, this guy has ebola, and I'll wear this nice garment as it probably will protect me today". I think there's little doubt they got their marching orders/guidelines beyond themselves.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
I seriously cannot believe that a medical worker being monitored for Ebola would think it was perfectly fine to get onto a freaking cruise ship. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

They're now having to bring the entire ship back to Galveston to remove the person. And spoiling everyone else's vacation.
yes, unreal.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:37 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,347,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
This is the last time I am doing this for you. Research before you post. I don't get things perfect every time but you can at least try.. This is just one site.. There are hundreds more..

What we know about the new....

Now, put 2 and 2 together what do you get?

Obama & Democrats let illegals into the country
They brought the virus
It's infecting our children
Some are dying
Again, it's impossible to measure because THEY WEREN'T TESTING FOR IT. The fact that you could "count on one hand" how many cases there were in the past is astonishing. Maybe your link and mine can battle it out.
No matter what, though, you'll blame Obama.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:47 AM

37,158 posts, read 42,290,039 times
I'm astonished that people actually think the POTUS can stop a virus from entering the USA.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:05 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,135,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm astonished that people actually think the POTUS can stop a virus from entering the USA.
Locking the doors on your car won't prevent anyone from stealing it either.

A travel ban would have prevented the first case from entering the US, yes? It may not prevent any case from entering the US however we currently would not have about 800 airline passengers with potential exposure and a cruise ship sitting off the shores of Belize with almost 6000 people aboard wondering if one person aboard that ship is infected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies