Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2014, 06:55 AM

13,488 posts, read 9,994,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Then how can Nigeria and other african countries enact a travel ban from the outbreak countries? We are the most powerful nation on Earth with great resources.... how can we not stop this?
Are they stopping flights in and out of Africa?

How can Obama stop fights in and out of another Continent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 06:59 AM

28,970 posts, read 30,328,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Someone wants this thing to spread.
makes you wonder? That woman or man, whichever who went on the cruise, and the CDC gave their permission, then Obama announces that he doesn't see a need to stop flights, that screening at the airports is sufficent...they don't even know how that nurse in Dallas contacted the disease, if it's airborne, but, it can live up to 3 weeks on a surface? By God, this is absolultly insane...what are our leaders thinking?

It sounds like a population control to me?

I mean, does Obama realize how stupid he sounds, but even worse, is America picking up all this stuff? Do they realize what is going on, are they smart enough to question this?

It's like we're cattle being proded to slaughter.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:00 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,137,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Are they stopping flights in and out of Africa?

How can Obama stop fights in and out of another Continent?
He has the authority to prevent any plane carrying those passengers from landing in the USA.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:01 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,160,319 times
The media, as usual, has blown the ebola threat, way out of proportion.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:05 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,737,946 times
Looks like Belize is smarter than we are. They are sending their coast guard to the ship to make sure no one gets off. The US asked Belize to let the health care worker and her companion get off and fly home (presumably on a private plane), and Belize said hell no.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:13 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,755,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Stop. Ffs, there's enough confusion already.

Obama cannot "stop flights in and out of Africa". If that's not what you meant exactly, then say exactly what you did mean, because Obama is not in a position to stop flights in and out of another country that he isn't President of.

The person on the cruise is not a nurse that treated Duncan, she handled blood specimens.

Stop with all this. It only muddies the waters further.
The ONLY people muddying the waters are The President and his Administration.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:29 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,716,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Need to look it up - but I remember reading something about that awhile ago. It wasn't a recent change... one of those things that was changed quietly a few years ago.

Something else to consider. The U.S. has a patent on some strain of ebola. Could this be something where a crisis is started and people benefit from the vaccine? All I know is something is up here. If people are dying now so that a ton of money can be made later, that's totally immoral, depraved behavior.

I suggest keeping your immune system healthy. Eat to help out your immune system. Get rest, reduce stress.

UPDATE: Found this regarding starting a crisis... I'm telling you - some people are looking to profit big time with this. The CDC has had a patent since 2009.

Why U.S. can stop Ebola in its tracks
Things to consider... thanks!

Also, I'll throw this into the mix, if someone hasn't done so already...

Is Obama intentionally ignoring the threat of an Ebola outbreak in the United States? Indeed, he could be, according to noted Psychiatrist, Dr. Keith Ablow.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/...eak-why-obama-...

"I believe the president may literally believe we should suffer along with less fortunate nations. And if he does, that is a very dangerous psychological stance from which to confront Ebola." --Dr. Ablow

Old 10-17-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post

No they have not....
When Ebola came to this country, now it gets personal....it's here and there are still things we can do to take precautions, but, our leaders keep doing the most stupid confounded arsinine things....

they don't know what strain this is....there are several different strains....

They didn't stop flights in and out of africa, and they should have, then the CDC, Centers for Disease Control, gives permission for these people to fly, then they fly a nurse from Dallas hospital to MD?????? Why?????

our leaders have made a complete mess out of this, at the cost of who? They all have underground bunkers they can hide in, we have NO THING.

We have ObamaCare, and they have much better pays and insurance then we do, and they don't use OBAMACARE, why?

People are angry and its about high time....

I'm telling you, our leaders since Katrina have been displaying such humiliating leadership, they don't know what to do and how to do it....they are complete and utter embarrassment to their titles....I mean, the CDC? What have they been doing all these years, when they should have been researching vaccines? But no? What the hell are those people getting paid to do?

We have never in the history of America been so unsafe....common sense tells you, you don't open your boarders to all countries....and yet, we go over to other countries to fight terrorists? My Gosh, they are in this country....how stupid can Americans be?

We don't have the common sense to problem solve nor take the necessary precautions??"?"??

Old 10-17-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Looks like Belize is smarter than we are. They are sending their coast guard to the ship to make sure no one gets off. The US asked Belize to let the health care worker and her companion get off and fly home (presumably on a private plane), and Belize said hell no.
I don't blame them, and this is exactly what our country should have done, but they are more worried about money, and corporations, I mean think about it, if they spread this, and they will, corporations will go bankrupt...

What the CDC should have done is not allowed any of those people who cared for the Ebola patient to go anywhere for a month, until they were sure....same with everyone who has contact with them....

It's time this country wake up and smell the roses,
Is this utter and complete incompetence, or, a ruse to get rich on a vaccine?

Old 10-17-2014, 07:34 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,346,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
You see, we just don't know that. The MSM has protected this administration for so long it's an ingrained habit with them...it's easy to think they haven't been alarmist enough. One thing is for sure, the public is deeply uncomfortable with the president's response to all this. Trust in the office of the president is a fragile thing, and Obama abused it badly to force Obamacare down our throats.

This is an interesting article about the press and the politics of Ebola - http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-c...s-ebola-part-2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies