Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2014, 09:33 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times

Advertisements

Waiting for the "Ebola was created by White Western Governments to distroy the black population in Africa" Czar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2014, 09:35 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
what?? what in the hell would cause a grown woman to do this???
My knee jerk reaction upon reading she was employed by the DC lobby, was to wonder the identities of this firm's current and hopeful clients and if there was a benefit to creating a spectacle.

She may be a whack job or heck, even an opiate/opioid addict. Vomiting and fainting can be a common reaction to too much of a bad thing.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:44 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I find myself in agreement with you. The panic is completely unnecessary and only uses up resources. On your fifth point, I also agree. We should do the right thing especially considering the incompetence we've seen thus far in dealing with Ebola. There's being cautious and treating the Ebola issue properly and then there's stupid people. Not a fan of stupid people in general.
This response and the post you are responding to, epitomize the types of thoughts and expressed opinions I've been getting from American friends.

Each and every one of them has stated political action should have been stemming the surge of this ebola threat while it was still in it's infancy, rather than business as usual with the mid-eastern nonsense always assuming page one status.

They generally verbalized it thusly: "Wish our leaders had spent as much time and energy studying this disease and how to best fight it over there as they have been over these raging azzhats killing each other in countries that have been killing each other for millennia".

Doing the right thing.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Autoclaves and bleach definitely a buy order.
Perhaps even portable, very high temp, natural gas or propane fired crematoriums built on semi trailer chassis that can be situated adjacent to hospitals for the disposal of all medical waste, perhaps even including the deceased, to avoid unnecessary contact with and transportation of same, with a muzzle put on the EPA until this crisis is over with.

I see a business opportunity for Dick Cheney and Haliburton.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:56 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And how vocal were you in resisting military intervention, as compared to this issue?

Yeah; my bad, I stereotyped you as a caring and advanced nation founded on those principles of compassion for the disenfranchised.

Oh, so now they're just platitudes..... good to know.

Did you just gloss over the possibility of you denying your own citizens re-entry or would that be just another collateral effect.
So when will you be volunteering to care for Ebola patients in your city?

Step up and make a statement. Maybe go to the city council and advocate for sending them in. Tell then you're willing to pay for your own equipment to do the job.

Do something.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
ebola screening machine: hospital forbidden from using

http://news.yahoo.com/video/dallas-h...232508242.html

Dallas hospital had Ebola screening machine, didn't use

at the BARE MIN then the airlines should use this machine to just use it for screening people coming from west africa
Fox has given air time to many companies that claim they can detect, prevent and maybe even cure Ebola.
Their angle has often been that it's big bad government standing in the way. In many cases, their attempts at this angle have seriously backfired live on the air.

I have no idea if this "software kit" has a solid track record of detecting Ebola in Africa or how extensive testing/use has been. Given the incredible remoteness of the most serious outbreaks in Sierra Leone and Guinea I would be a tad surprised if they have electricity let alone enough thermometers.

That a manufacturer claims does not make it so, or not.

I can, right now, locate dozens of websites that offer secret government tests, vaccinations and cures. Supply is limited. Paypal is accepted.

It's right up there with thousands of websites asking for donations for Ebola relief efforts with quasi legit sounding names.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:01 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,751,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don't think we need more law, we need more common sense. Like keeping people out of the country when they have a western African stamp on their passport. I know that's complicated for the Obama Administration but it's a start.
Well today the government is going to process 100 visas a week from the three hot spots in Africa.
Makes you sleep well does it not?
What morons we have in power......
Just think how many people one a week could infect let alone 100.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:02 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Perhaps even portable, very high temp, natural gas or propane fired crematoriums built on semi trailer chassis that can be situated adjacent to hospitals for the disposal of all medical waste, perhaps even including the deceased, to avoid unnecessary contact with and transportation of same, with a muzzle put on the EPA until this crisis is over with.

I see a business opportunity for Dick Cheney and Haliburton.
Well duh, money itself doesnt care who makes it.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
So when will you be volunteering to care for Ebola patients in your city?

Step up and make a statement. Maybe go to the city council and advocate for sending them in. Tell then you're willing to pay for your own equipment to do the job.

Do something.
Aaah; I see that's how it works in your world, eh. Jump right from the strident, ineffectual, nonsensical whining to demanding those who would advocate you calming down and applying reason, get personally involved.

Here's the deal; you're the one screaming about this so, YOU get involved, unless of course whining on a public forum is your one and only forte.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Well duh, money itself doesnt care who makes it.
I'm off to my shop to draw some prelim drawings and order up a truck load of hot rolled plate stock and kiln-grade fire bricks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies