Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2014, 10:06 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Fossil fuels are finite because the Earth is finite and if you burn anything that is finite it will be all burned up in a finite time regardless of how much there is.
True. So is solar energy. It's finite and will eventually go away.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:08 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
No source. It's pretty simple, the world's gdp is tens of trillions of dollars so it's a pretty safe assumption that the total revenue or value of all the world's manufacturers, utility, agricultural, and energy companies are worth many trillions generously. Domestically with our $16 trillion I'm sure those companies would be worth a trillion. These particular companies would have something to lose financially if they had to pay more for pollution.
Not true at all. The CONSUMERS will pay all cost increases. Energy companies will be winners regardless of the AGW debate. They win either way. They have no reason to fight the AGW hoax at all.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:24 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
In the end, how on earth do you think governments can actually bring cheap reliable electricity which prolongs and improves the quality of life to billions of people?
How did we ever put a person on the moon? Such a defeatist attitude when we are already have the technology to change our path.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:25 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Not true at all. The CONSUMERS will pay all cost increases. Energy companies will be winners regardless of the AGW debate. They win either way. They have no reason to fight the AGW hoax at all.
Finally a spot where I can jump in. That is the big problem, the alarmists don't account for how much it will cost the average person out there. Say if the price per KWH were to double/ triple for me, I wouldn't be able to afford to run air conditioning during the summer.
Yet they firmly believe weather can be changed, or stopped, or whatever their deviant plans are, by throwing trillions of dollars around. Maybe they should just build a bunch of bunkers if they're so scared!

Old 10-18-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
True. So is solar energy. It's finite and will eventually go away.

.....sigh. You think we will run out of sun before fossil fuels?

Quote:
It is true. You are correct in saying the cost will be passed onto the consumers, nevertheless, energy, agricultural, logistical, and manufacturer companies do not want climate change legislation in general. Sorry, but it's true.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
Finally a spot where I can jump in. That is the big problem, the alarmists don't account for how much it will cost the average person out there. Say if the price per KWH were to double/ triple for me, I wouldn't be able to afford to run air conditioning during the summer.
Yet they firmly believe weather can be changed, or stopped, or whatever their deviant plans are, by throwing trillions of dollars around. Maybe they should just build a bunch of bunkers if they're so scared!
The cost of gasoline doubled/tripled over the last decade.... Guess what, people changed their habits a little bit.

Who is throwing trillions around? It's get tiresome of all this alarmism by both sides.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
The cost of gasoline doubled/tripled over the last decade.... Guess what, people changed their habits a little bit.

Who is throwing trillions around? It's get tiresome of all this alarmism by both sides.
This has been hashed out, and answered, too many times, I recommend to go read the other threads that have bottomed out, or been locked. They basically all have that information you're seeking. I know that ain't the answer you're looking for, but entirely too many of these topics pop up.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:39 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Global Ebola is much more of a concern.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
This has been hashed out, and answered, too many times, I recommend to go read the other threads that have bottomed out, or been locked. They basically all have that information you're seeking. I know that ain't the answer you're looking for, but entirely too many of these topics pop up.
What has been hashed, be specific as possible.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
What has been hashed, be specific as possible.

I believe you're using disinfo rules #9 and #14 and #19 here. Nice try though. You know exactly what I am talking about, you want to avoid searching for past topics on global warming, and climate change, want to leave the burden on me to provide the proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies