Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 03:23 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Nobody would be disenfranchised as you can get a free photo ID. Just like no one loses their 2nd Amendment rights when they are asked to show an ID.

Take off your tin foil hat.
maybe if he does this enough times, it will help him out.

just saying..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 03:24 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
you know what - I don't even care about the requirement of showing ID to vote as much as the sheer stupidity/audacity of suggesting that the requirement of having ID in the first place is "RACIST". I mean really - pathetic and worst race card play ever.
.....so you can't answer the question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I never claimed it would prevent voter fraud. I am saying it makes perfect sense, and anything else seems illogical. I don't "call" for anything. I don't make the rules and I don't vote. seriously? voting? what is this, 2008?
Not really. I've never shown my photo ID to vote. How is this logically happening?

Old 10-20-2014, 03:25 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Actually the states that passed recent photo ID laws did so as a response to an increase in poor and minority voters in the 2008 election.
Miss Cleo is that you? Reading the hearts and minds of people who support photo IDs like the ones that much of the world including Western Europe has?

Old 10-20-2014, 03:26 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
.....so you can't answer the question?

Not really. I've never shown my photo ID to vote. How is this logically happening?
I registered to vote when I got my photo ID. in order to get my photo ID, I was given a full body cavity search.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Miss Cleo is that you? Reading the hearts and minds of people who support photo IDs like the ones that much of the world including Western Europe has?
Nope. North Carolina had the highest minority turnout ever in 2008. They immediately went for the voter ID laws. Why all of a sudden was voter fraud such a concern? (who won NC in 2008?)

Old 10-20-2014, 03:28 PM

Democrats:

-Photo IDs, even when given out for free are disenfranchising.

-Unions must hold public votes so that they can be held accountable for their vote.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:29 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Nope. North Carolina had the highest minority turnout ever in 2008. They immediately went for the voter ID laws. Why all of a sudden was voter fraud such a concern? (who won NC in 2008?)
it's all good. they destroyed ACORN, and NC didn't go blue again. oh, and you obviously know nothing about north carolina.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Democrats:

-Photo IDs, even when given out for free are disenfranchising.

-Unions must hold public votes so that they can be held accountable for their vote.
Can't answer any of the questions?

Prove to us that photo IDs prevent voter fraud. They currently aren't required in 42 out of 50 states. About half of states "suggest" a photo ID, or require a non-photo ID. Obviously most states agree with me.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
So in other words you are reading the minds of North Carolina legislators that in 2013, they passed Photo ID laws, because they wanted to disenfranchise blacks due to a high 2008 turnout, by making all races show IDs?

Old 10-20-2014, 03:35 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
I haven't heard one rational argument yet on why ID should be required.

I've never shown my photo ID to vote. I live in New York. Where is the rampant voter fraud?!?!?
There's your problem. A person needs ID to write a check, go to the doctor, buy a home, buy insurance, buy anything on credit, pick up certified mail, buy a car or a gun from a dealer, buy alcohol, cigs, or even antihistamines, and register to vote. I even now have to give my ID at my bank to MAKE a deposit! Yet somehow, it tramples on a person's rights to produce one to vote. That is patently ridiculous. And requiring all races to show IDs is hardly racist, since there are poor people of every race. We are an equal opportunity broke nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies