Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 09:55 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, I'll bet your one of those people who think that it's the loving thing to do to have children when you can't afford them. You know, the dead beat dads and the breeders.

And yes, healthcare went down hill after Hillary. I worked in healthcare and I know what went on before and after Hillary.
So you take it out on the children. And you would tell parents who had good jobs when they had kids who are now unemployed that they never should have had families. I'd call you a typical conservative, but you are something far more out in right field. Just looking at your posting history.....Ugh. The rancor. I can only imagine what it must be like to be trapped in such a negative mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 09:57 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
So you take it out on the children. And you would tell parents who had good jobs when they had kids who are now unemployed that they never should have had families. I'd call you a typical conservative, but you are something far more out in right field. Just looking at your posting history.....Ugh. The rancor. I can only imagine what it must be like to be trapped in such a negative mind.
I had good parents, they could afford to give us a reasonable good life. They didn't have to depend on government to feed us.

You're a typical liberal. You bring children into the world regardless of your "inability" to give them a reasonably good life. That! is the most selfish thing you can do to children.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:00 PM

32,061 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
LOL, I'll bet your one of those people who think that it's the loving thing to do to have children when you can't afford them. You know, the dead beat dads and the breeders.

And yes, healthcare went down hill after Hillary. I worked in healthcare and I know what went on before and after Hillary.

Really, what was your position and with what agency. I only ask because you seem to know what went on.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:00 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times
Quote:
I had good parents, they could afford to give us a reasonable good life. They didn't have to depend on government to feed us.

You're a typical liberal. You bring children into the world regardless of your "inability" to give them a reasonably good life. That! is the most selfish thing you can do to children.
I don't have children.....yet. I'm still in my mid-20s and not ready to give up partying with my friends on the weekends.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:01 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,093 times
Quote:

lol

So, if your parents had lost their jobs when you were a kid, would they have automatically become bad parents?

Old 10-26-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Really, what was your position and with what agency. I only ask because you seem to know what went on.
I worked in the ICU and Cardiac step down unit, sometimes I also worked ER and NICU. It used to be that we could take more time with patients, now it's like a production line. There were major cut backs. Wages stayed stagnate. Doctors were beholden to insurance companies rather than patient care. Nurse to patient ratio got worse, more patients per nurse. It got worse and worse to the point that nurses made comments that it became more dangerous for patients. I have friends still in healthcare and they say it's a nightmare anymore. I got the hell out.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:06 PM

32,061 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:

I had good catholic parents too who couldn't afford all these kids. But it was against their religion to take birth control. This isn't about being a liberal

Old 10-26-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I had good catholic parents too who couldn't afford all these kids. But it was against their religion to take birth control. This isn't about being a liberal
So as a catholic it's ok to depend on government support? I don't think so. Your parents are what we would call convenient catholic. Say your hail Mary's and go out raising hell, come back to church on Sunday, hail Mary then make more kids they couldn't support.

A good catholic would think about the kind of life they would give their offspring. It is selfish to have kids when you can't give them a reasonable good life.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:13 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
I'm starting to think that threads like these are just what happens when old people use the Internet.

It's probably best to just roll your eyes and politely suggest that they could do better things with the autumn of their years.
You'll get old someday, punk.

BTW, My favorite store is Spatula City,
unless you can catch the 60 second sale at Barnacle Bros.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:15 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
You'll get old someday, punk.

BTW, My favorite store is Spatula City,
unless you can catch the 60 second sale at Barnacle Bros.
I buy all my Christmas gifts at Spatula City.

You can also get the Spatula City Gift Card for when you just don't know which spatula to get for that special but picky person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies