Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 12:54 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,413,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
.................Now if the government had lowered taxes temporarily on the average U.S. citizens (stimulus), they would have more money in their pockets to buy my widgets. This creates demand, and as I need to keep up with rising demand, THEN I hire more employees. Corporations only create jobs in response to rising demand for their products.
ummm, the government did lower taxes temporarily, via two percentage point reduction in the payroll taxes that are supposed to support Social Security.

Economists could not see any economic effect from this misguided tax cut. But a bigger hole got blown in the budget, the national debt got run up, and economically illiterate pundits screamed for doing more of the same--expecting different results.

Any fair study of the experience of the last six years in the US shows that stimulus does not stimulate, and attempts to manage demand are fruitless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 12:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
ummm, the government did lower taxes temporarily, via two percentage point reduction in the payroll taxes that are supposed to support Social Security.

Economists could not see any economic effect from this misguided tax cut. But a bigger hole got blown in the budget, the national debt got run up, and economically illiterate pundits screamed for doing more of the same--expecting different results.

Any fair study of the experience of the last six years in the US shows that stimulus does not stimulate, and attempts to manage demand are fruitless.
And of all the possible cuts they chose FICA which is American worker contributions to their own future pay backs.

"Yeah..we'll give you a tax cut. Your government retirement fund will get that less money each month".

Old 10-29-2014, 01:17 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,232,127 times
I agree the USA will fall apart but not for the reasons you state. It is untrue that the USA has to trade with most of the parts of the world that you noted. We could buy and sell to each other interally or with Canada and Russia as well as a hand full of european nations. The rest of the resoruces we need we could take by force, why do you think we spend billions on our military industrial complex, its not for really cool popular sciecne articles. I also think we should take over Mexico and secure the MUCH smaller central american boarder and exploit all the oil there.

But we wont because we are weak, all of these problems boil down to weakness and the demise of the USA. We pander and bend over to nations that used to cower in fear of our military industrial complex, that is how you maintain global influance. You have the best technology, best military and a strong curracny that dominates all other markets. But now we are just a shell of our former selves.

As a US citizen I dont have an dilutions of gandure, I know that our nation has been destroyed from within. Russia and possibly germany are the only nations that could rise up and form a new empire. Possibly china but im not chineese so I dont really care about them, they also have no original ideas and plagerize everything. If we formed our own iron curtian China would fall apart without the intellectual property pouring out of the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Diagnostic criteria for 666.911 Americanistic Personality Disorder

DSM IV - TR

A pervasive pattern present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance

(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique

(4) requires excessive admiration
(5) has a sense of entitlement

(6) takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

See this...

...that's Earth as drawn by Billy in Ms. Caroll's 2nd Grade Class in Vevay, Indiana.

The point being the US is not the only State on Earth.

Seeing how you all think that 3% (of the US businesses that are publicly traded corporations) is larger than 97%, I guess it should not come as a shock that you all think the 4.5% population that is the US is larger than the 95.5% that is not, or that the 315 Million Americans is larger in size than the 6.5 Billion who are not.

Let's do some 5th Grade Math here to embarrass as many people as possible.

1.5 Billion people in China * $5 Profit = $7,500,000,000 in Profit or $7.5 Billion
300 Million Americans * $5 Profit = 1,500,000,000 or $1.5 Billion

Which is greater, $7.5 Billion or $1.5 Billion?

You all probably think $1.5 Billion is larger, but I swear to you it is not.

Let's do some more 5th Grade Math.

US Exports to China = $0 in Profit
Mexican Exports to China = $7.5 Billion in Profit

Which is greater $0 or $7.5 Billion?

What right do you have to deny me or refuse me the opportunity to get $7.5 Billion in Profit?

Anyone?

You have no right to deny me.

If the only way I can make $7.5 Billion is to send American jobs to Mexico, then that is exactly what I'm going to do, and you'll just have to suck it up and be an adult for once in your lives.

"It's not fair that Juan makes less than Idiot Fat Union Fred."

Yes, it is fair....you did that, and your parents, and grandparents and great-grandparents and great-great-grandparents.

Go spit on their graves or have a seance and curse at them or something.

1 Billion people in India * $5 Profit = $5,000,000,000 in Profit or $5 Billion
300 Million Americans * $5 Profit = 1,500,000,000 or $1.5 Billion

Which is greater, $5 Billion or $1.5 Billion?

US Exports to India = $0 in Profit
Chinese Exports to India = $5 Billion in Profit

Which is greater $0 or $5 Billion?

What right do you have to deny me or refuse me the opportunity to get $5 Billion in Profit?

"It's not fair that Long Wang makes less than Idiot Fat Union Fred."

Yes, it is fair....you did that, and your parents, and grandparents and great-grandparents and great-great-grandparents.

Um, that's what happens when you refuse to off-shore jobs and you have idiot unions.

LG is a South Korean corporation.

I'm sure the Big Brains are thinking now and saying, "Then we'll ban foreign ownership of US stocks or companies."

Really?

Which part of "bankruptcy" do you not understand?

If you owned a bar in New York City, and refused to serve anyone except for fans of the musical group Gentle Giant, how long do you think you'd stay in business?

Do you all see how silly you sound?

There are 6.7 Billion people on Earth, and you have to sell to all of them, not just a tiny 4.5%.

Vlad in Romania needs products for the house he bought on his "slave wages" of $1.40/hour ---joke's on you. Vlad cannot afford the products imported from the US made by Idiot Fat Union Fred at Proctor & Gamble, but he can buy them from a competitor.

Proctor & Gamble is losing money. What should Proctor & Gamble do?

1] Fire employees and tell share-holders, retirees, 401(k) plan pension holders that profits will stagnate or decline over the long-term Future.

2] Fire employees, open facilities in Romania, and then tell share-holders, retirees, 401(k) plan pension holders that profits will increase over the long-term Future.

I just know you're all dying to live only on your OASI benefits, with no other source of income.

It would never occur to any of you that the profits companies get from their off-shored jobs is what is subsidizing your job and your wages here in the US.

You can't change the Past or the World, but you can change the US, and you can start by reading and understanding these documents here written by brilliant men who would not be whining like a bunch of cry-baby brats making stupid ignorant comments about NAFTA and off-shoring jobs:

Declaration of Independence - Text Transcript

Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

Anyone seen a 5th Level Economy?

Why of course not...Americans would rather be paid $22/hour working a 2nd or 3rd Level Economy job and risk losing it, than working a $65/hour 5th Level Economy job.

Not impressed....

Mircea

Old 10-29-2014, 01:23 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
See, that bump on the head that prevented her from appearing to Congress about Benghazi had permanent effects.
Wish it was that simple.

I think she really might have had a few too many.
And then there is her attitude, one of boredom and yawn, like;
"Do I really even have to say, put up with this ****. Make me President already, I'm entitled".

I really can't stomach her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies