Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 08:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,295,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Remember when in grade school the catch phrase was reading is fundamental. Comprehension requires more. So I'll help you. See the bold highlights.

So your happy with a place holder or a bookend or a paperweight. I doubt they will see it that way and want to fine tune it to destruction.

But if you manage to get the wealth that you desire I'm happy for you. I just don't think you will elect someone who will sit around winding their watch waiting for 2016.
Obama isnt going to let a dam thing go through passed by Congress if the Republicans take over the Senate.. He'll be crybaby obama until his lame duck term is out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 08:32 PM

34,296 posts, read 15,735,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama isnt going to let a dam thing go through passed by Congress if the Republicans take over the Senate.. He'll be crybaby obama until his lame duck term is out.
Your absolutely correct. They have been flipping back and forth as the obstruction party sense P. Clinton was elected.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:46 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,846,276 times
This thread is biased. 70% of Americans are angry about the direction of the country. Since legal, documented Americans probably make up 80% of our population, there's still another 20% left to be angry they don't have a high enough minimum wage, don't have enough of their cousins here, etc.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:21 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,321,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
... and 53% disapprove of Obama's job performance...

CNN poll: Voters are angry - CNN.com

"Washington (CNN) -- Nearly 7 in 10 Americans are angry at the direction the country is headed and 53% of Americans disapprove of President Barack Obama's job performance, two troubling signs for Democrats one week before the midterm elections, a new CNN/ORC International Poll shows."

Not good numbers for dems going into midterms.

What is the case to keep them in power? You are angry about the direction of the country but vote for us, war on women, racist GOP, whatever.
They're not "IN POWER", "They" are.

Voting won't help you. Only an act of Almighty God can save us from who we are entrapped by. It will happen but the when is impossible to know.

conspiracy quotes of world elites - YouTube

George Carlin ~ The American Dream - YouTube

http://www.newpeopleorder.com/index.html
Amazon.com: They Own It All (Including You)!: By Means of Toxic Currency (9781439233610): Ronald MacDonald, Robert Rowen: Books#_

They Own It ALL(Including YOU!)By Means of Toxic Currency
by Ronald MacDonald, Robert Rowen

"I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire,... The man that controls Britain's money supply controls the British Empire. And I control the money supply"

Baron Nathan Mayer Rothschild, of the Rothschild international banking cartel

Old 10-27-2014, 09:37 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,574,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I don't think you can blame business leaders for "unfettered immigration". President Obama's unilateral amnesty plans and push for open borders will hurt workers, especially those at the lower end skill set, who tend to vote Democrat. Makes no sense to me why they do.
You think the billionaires who finance both parties are opposed to unlimited immigration?

Old 10-27-2014, 09:40 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,672,823 times
i must be a minority i think he has a tough job and has done well. my only fault with him is executive order abuse and enormous debt accumulation.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:40 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,574,405 times
Quote:
Good post !!!

I'm an independent and I will not be voting. I would like to see an election held and no one votes. I'm not going to play the game of voting for the lesser of two evils anymore. We have two parties that represent the interest of their own enrichment at the expense of the people. Parties get people divided by propaganda that conveniences them, by some of the most outrages lies, or stupid policy, and then claim GOP/DEM will benefit in their personal greed over the other fools. Two parties motivated by greed each is supposed to convince them of their superior claim. Which in fact cements them both in the concrete of fools. To argue who is the most noble liar worth of support as they shake your hand and pick your pocket clean is the best we can do. WOW Lets all be proud. And I call BS on that.
No one in a position of power cares if you vote. And they want you to be 'an independent'. That way, you have no power to select a nominee in the primary, and they can just mouthe words at you a couple weeks prior to the election, to think of you no more until a couple weeks before the next election.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:02 PM

7,458 posts, read 7,061,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
You think the billionaires who finance both parties are opposed to unlimited immigration?
Speaking of immigration, just by accident came across these mass protests against muslim immigration in Germany:

Anti-Islamic

Haven't seen this covered in the US.

The elites cannot be happy with this - which is probably why they have been stepping up the mass immigration from third world countries to Europe and the US.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:12 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,928,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
There was a similar dynamic going on in America during the gilded age.

The way that era's oligarchs abused Americans was the same as today's: unfettered immigration.

Why did workers put up with very little pay, working 12 hours per day, 6 days per week? Because there were thousands who would take that job if they quit.

Because they had to. That was what working conditions were and if you wanted work you did it. Today's society would stagnate and die for lack of knowledge of mere rudimentary day to day living skills.
What we take for granted is a 40 hour work week; Mon-Fri 8-4. That is a relatively modern phenomenon brought about by unions. If you are left to your own and need to eat you will work to do so. Do you want a roof over your head? Maybe a bed? The more you work the nicer you can eat and sleep.

We were a 1st world nation back then and what woes there were. People were still immigrating here in droves from Europe. Most of them assimilated and made something of themselves; their prodigy live on. We still endure horrid 1st world woes.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,295,397 times
Quote:
Your absolutely correct. They have been flipping back and forth as the obstruction party sense P. Clinton was elected.
There are hundreds of bills sitting in the Senate being blocked by Democrats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies