Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 08:06 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Because the point of the chart was to try to show that the economy has improved because of numerical jobs gains, it has not improved, it has deteriorated, due to the destruction of good jobs and the creation of McJobs.
I guess we get different things out of it. To me, the chart was showing the gains and losses in jobs since 1999.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 09:50 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
this is a great map for seeing where the jobs will be lost once QE ends and economic reality sets in. had we taken our medicine and not wasted 4-5 trillion of taxpayer money - we'd be on the road to a solid recovery. instead it's a hollow economy and bread and circus for the masses - just like they did in Rome. seen any Roman's lately?

Old 11-02-2014, 11:05 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,289,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
I guess we get different things out of it. To me, the chart was showing the gains and losses in jobs since 1999.
At first glance, it would appear that the jobs situation was improving, as there are many areas of gains and a few areas of declines mostly in the Midwest. The problem is that the gains are mostly low pay service jobs, and the losses were high wage manufacturing. If you loose one $50hr job and gain four $10hr jobs, what have you gained?

Old 11-02-2014, 12:49 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Not following their connection they are trying to make. If buyers are doing all cash deals, then in theory they are not dealing with credit when it comes to purchasing property. Plus the level of real estate going on now is nothing compared to the last real estate bubble.
The echo bubble being referenced is brought up in connection with BS basket purchases to back their new RBS product. However, many complaints seem to be showing up regarding BS as a property owner/manager.

Invitation Homes Tenant Abuse Shows Incompetence as Well as Malfeasance
quote:
But as reports come in from abused tenants, Blackstone looks not only venal in its efforts to shift costs on to tenants, but positively incompetent. As we’ve written, in most jurisdictions, even in red states, residential landlord can’t shift property maintenance obligations onto the tenant.
Is it any wonder that the first Invitation Homes rental securitization showed a 7.6% fall in income a mere three months after the deal was floated?

The comments did not say buyers were doing all cash deals. However, if one thinks there is a credit bubble and one has means then one would use cash, correct? One is always deciding what to use; cash or credit based on the market and type of investment. Repo is another topic in itself, even regarding cash. (Not as simple as mom and pop have some extra cash to invest in RE) It also states they have reduced purchases. No the level is not the same before RE popped. Many people owned homes that are no longer home owners and probably won't be again. Remember, even Bernanke can't get refinanced. (lol)

Not just about RE either. This was the Dow Jones Equity conference.

"The single biggest assumption we make is the multiple we can sell [a company] at five years hence," said Mr. Baratta, and right now those projections do not seem to warrant a lot of deal activity.

However, it was a Repo run that was the big event in the popping. If one has been paying attention there are signs of issues everywhere. Here is one.

Bond Anxiety in $1.6 Trillion Repo Market as Failures Soar

Last edited by CDusr; 11-02-2014 at 01:20 PM..

Old 11-02-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Well it stated that it was major metro areas, it also doesn't show types of jobs. Not all jobs are the same.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Well it stated that it was major metro areas, it also doesn't show types of jobs. Not all jobs are the same.
I never argued the type of jobs created and lost.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I never argued the type of jobs created and lost.
Well in essence I think at a minimum, those 2 things are important in a more realistic picture of job gains or losses. Seems to be what others are also saying.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Well in essence I think at a minimum, those 2 things are important in a more realistic picture of job gains or losses. Seems to be what others are also saying.
I agree wholeheartedly, but that isn't what the graphic in question is portraying.

Old 11-02-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly, but that isn't what the graphic in question is portraying.
But you stated this. The OP also implied more meaning.
quote:

However, at best the map is still not showing this. It is only an animation that claims to include data from selective areas (annual net from major metro).

States this, but doesn't make the data used clear.

quote:
Source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Employment Statistics and TIP Strategies

Old 11-02-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
But you stated this. The OP also implied more meaning.
quote:

However, at best the map is still not showing this. It is only an animation that claims to include data from selective areas (annual net from major metro).

States this, but doesn't make the data used clear.

quote:
Source: US Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Employment Statistics and TIP Strategies
Yes, I guess it doesn't show the total gains and losses since 1999, but attempts to animate them by metropolitan area. Arguing semantics, I reckon.

All I gathered from it, at a short glance, is where jobs increased and decreased year-over-year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies