Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which of the following describes you:
I'm liberal, I believe the law of demand generally holds. 5 13.51%
I'm liberal, the law of demand holds with regard to tobacco taxes, but not with regard to the minimum wage. 0 0%
conservative, believe that the law of demand generally holds. 16 43.24%
None of the above. 16 43.24%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 06:04 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times

Advertisements

Of course supply and demand can be manipulated by the gvt and wreck havoc on the economy, see housing bubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 06:04 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
One of the hallmark characteristics of right-wing perspective is the dumbing down of all issues to insulate themselves from having to deal with the truth that reality is not as clear-cut and as simplistic as their avaricious and self-centered attitudes would wish them to be. For that reason, right-wingers are seemingly incapable of understanding how something they look at with their tunnel-vision fully engaged, i.e., the reality of supply and demand, must be viewed as one of many facets of the situation for which they're attempting to pretend to be intelligent and proactive. They work hard to dodge the fact that these different aspects, especially aspects that are higher in priority than petty concerns such as money, such as human decency and the responsibility of a society to its most vulnerable members, that ruin their egoistic narrative. This is why, incidentally, right-wing perspective favors regressive policy so much. It is a reflection of how that perspective favors the more puerile nature, barbarism, callous disregard for others, self-centeredness, and why it cannot abide the trappings of civilization, such as society, government, the general welfare, etc.
This text above is written so badly, it is almost impossible to understand.

I tried my best (even though English is not my native language) to translate his text.
One of the hallmark characteristics of conservatives is the dumbing down of all issues. Reality is not as clear-cut as conservatives would like them to be. For that reason right-wingers ends up looking at things with a tunnel vision.

The reality of supply and demand is used by conservatives to sound intelligent. They work hard to dodge the fact that other aspects such as human decency and the responsibility for the poor are more important.

That is why right wing perspective favors regressive policies. Their perspective is based on barbarism, disregard for others, and selfishness.
Not only is everything you write totally incomprehensible, but your arguments make zero sense, and only one sentence was even related to the main topic, while the rest was about how horrible conservatives is. If you can't make a comprehensible argument, then how can you say conservatives are stupid?

Old 10-31-2014, 06:06 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
One of the hallmark characteristics of right-wing perspective is the dumbing down of all issues to insulate themselves from having to deal with the truth that reality is not as clear-cut and as simplistic as their avaricious and self-centered attitudes would wish them to be. For that reason, right-wingers are seemingly incapable of understanding how something they look at with their tunnel-vision fully engaged, i.e., the reality of supply and demand, must be viewed as one of many facets of the situation for which they're attempting to pretend to be intelligent and proactive. They work hard to dodge the fact that these different aspects, especially aspects that are higher in priority than petty concerns such as money, such as human decency and the responsibility of a society to its most vulnerable members, that ruin their egoistic narrative. This is why, incidentally, right-wing perspective favors regressive policy so much. It is a reflection of how that perspective favors the more puerile nature, barbarism, callous disregard for others, self-centeredness, and why it cannot abide the trappings of civilization, such as society, government, the general welfare, etc.

I like them french fried 'taters.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:09 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
bUU's post was perfectly understandable if you made any attempt to do so.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:12 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Write your posts in a way that is clear and concise, and you won't have to worry about asking people to read a wall of text.
My post was clear and concise. You and your buddies are just mad that it was so tightly constructed that you couldn't use the typical superficial nonsense to try to refute what I wrote. That's generally the case when right-winger egoistic avarice is refuted with perspectives grounded in mature, compassionate, moral civic responsibility.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:19 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post

Quote:
My post was clear and concise. You and your buddies are just mad that it was so tightly constructed that you couldn't use the typical superficial nonsense to try to refute what I wrote. That's generally the case when right-winger egoistic avarice is refuted with perspectives grounded in mature, compassionate, moral civic responsibility.

Not even close....when you try to use BS to make yourself more superior than others...it shows, no need to be mad that you were called out on it....

Old 10-31-2014, 06:20 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Quote:
My post was clear and concise. You and your buddies are just mad that it was so tightly constructed that you couldn't use the typical superficial nonsense to try to refute what I wrote. That's generally the case when right-winger egoistic avarice is refuted with perspectives grounded in mature, compassionate, civic responsibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Really, so what does this mean
They work hard to dodge the fact that these different aspects, especially aspects that are higher in priority than petty concerns such as money, such as human decency and the responsibility of a society to its most vulnerable members, that ruin their egoistic narrative.
And don't forget to explain why.

6,848 posts, read 7,995,391 times
Why does the RW foam at the mouth when liberals propose carbon taxes. Economics 101 says that is one of the efficient ways to deal with the environmental externality of GHG emission.

Do RWers really believe in economics?

bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Not even close....when you try to use BS to make yourself more superior than others...it shows, no need to be mad that you were called out on it....
Implying that morality is "BS" condemns your comment more than anything else I could say in response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Really, so what does this mean...
Similarly, your admission that you couldn't understand that statement condemns your comment more than anything else I could say in response.

Doubling-down on feigned ignorance (I say "feigned" because I know you're all smarter than you're pretending) doesn't help your cause - quite the opposite.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:25 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,628,343 times
None of the Above.

I am a libertarian who understands that Supply & Demand is as immutable a law as gravity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies