Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 12:07 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,295,216 times

Advertisements

Can we burn some stuff up now?

Oh wait 7pm? Awesome timing!

Old 11-24-2014, 12:10 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,372,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Can we burn some stuff up now?

Oh wait 7pm? Awesome timing!
Make sure to bring gas.......I will bring bottles.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:15 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,517,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

I do so BECAUSE of the evidence presented thus far. There's more than enough probable cause to indict. Let an actual jury sort everything out. Not handle things in secret in some closed room with a biased prosecutor.

There is a pattern with these Police cases. There's no accountability.
It's sad in a way how much you say based on how little you know. Prosecutors don't indict people based on tv interviews. 'Probable cause' isn't determined like that, thank goodness.

Holder's still the AG, running an investigation of Wilson. Maybe he should give you accountability based on tv

Old 11-24-2014, 12:19 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,888,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I actually wish they would indict, that way there could be a nice long public trial, everyone would get to see the reason for acquittal. There ARE some witnesses, though personally I don't believe a word they say .... it's worth an indictment for manslaughter or whatever.

“I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King
His own life spoke VOLUMES about the content of his own character. He was supposedly an ordained minister.

King was a serial adulterer

While the ethical reasons for the FBI’s monitoring of King were murky (at best), the recordings do make up much of what we now know about the man’s personal life. King had engaged in so many extramarital affairs that his wife, Coretta Scott King, had reportedly become disillusioned with their marriage.

Martin Luther King Cheated On His Wife & Other Lesser-Known Facts About The Civil Rights Leader For MLK Day

Womanizers like JFK, MLK and others are canonized despite their despicable behavior.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:24 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,127,661 times
Thus far there has been no evidence introduced or leaked to the public which has in any way indicated that officer Wilson was culpable. Just because you are prejudging the man and want the GJ to indict is not reason enough to do it...at least in the real world.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:29 PM

Now the Browns are upset because they were not notified.

I do wonder why they are waiting until late afternoon or, evening.

6AM would make sense to me.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:30 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,888,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Thus far there has been no evidence introduced or leaked to the public which has in any way indicated that officer Wilson was culpable. Just because you are prejudging the man and want the GJ to indict is not reason enough to do it...at least in the real world.
His family--along with many others--does not seem to care.

They will not be happy with anything less than indictment and trial.

If it goes to trial, they won't be happy with anything less than a conviction.

They do not care about justice, as long as they get what they want, regardless of what the facts say.

We don't know what the findings are yet, but they are already waiting to burn, loot and destroy if they don't get what they want.

Too sad.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:31 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Now the Browns are upset because they were not notified.

They are upset? Good observation about the late afternoon press conference. Either way the thugs will be out.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
His family--along with many others--does not seem to care.

They will not be happy with anything less than indictment and trial.

If it goes to trial, they won't be happy with anything less than a conviction.

They do not care about justice, as long as they get what they want, regardless of what the facts say.

We don't know what the findings are yet, but they are already waiting to burn, loot and destroy if they don't get what they want.

Too sad.
No wonder they feel that way.

The governor said they would indict.......the POTUS got evolved.....the press has been all over it.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:34 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,094,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

I am wondering the same thing. Knowing that it is very unlikely that Wilson will be indicted, and all hell is likely to break out, why wait until the evening of a long holiday week to make this sort of announcement?

I understand that the Grand Jury is agnostic as to timing. But maybe it makes sense to "time" the release of their decision to minimize the damage which is likely to ensue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies