Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 07:37 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It was sarcasm CR. Most people got it.

Come out to my ranch in Arizona and we'll go shoot some Title II weapons I own. I just don't carry guns around political rallies or debates. When I do carry, it's always well hidden unless I'm doing something in the desert.

My comment was based around the fact that here in Arizona when we had some political rallies for Democratic candidates, various individuals were attending the rallies with AR15s and sidearms. They would not participate. Only walk around the perimeter and watch. It was clearly intimidation. They were not friendly democrats. They were the opposition that were using the event as an excuse to foster more acceptance of open carry. Or so they claimed. Only thing they actually did was disrupt the political debate......which was their intent.
We rolled with it. After all, this is Arizona. We didn't have to like it.
Glad you cleared that up for me. But this IS the CD politics forum and there's plenty of folks here who would make a post like that and be serious about it. We have the same problem in Colorado as you do in Arizona. Someone showed up at a meeting of the local Dem's and threatened to get out their gun and shoot everyone present. We rolled with it, too. After all, it's the Four Corners and the Arizona border is only about 15 miles down the road from my place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 07:39 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Consider the source--Moonbattery--here's another take on that site.

Moonbattery - RationalWiki

That certainly is a website dedicated to reinforcing false beliefs and encouraging FEAR, a common trait of the far right. It says more about who posted the site than it says about liberals.
To give you an idea of what moonbats do... They cite a completely anonymous WIKI dedicated to attacking other people as proof that some OTHER website is, you know, more crazy than their own.

Old 11-02-2014, 07:51 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
To give you an idea of what moonbats do... They cite a completely anonymous WIKI dedicated to attacking other people as proof that some OTHER website is, you know, more crazy than their own.
Suuurrreee. keep on believing that.

Democratic war on women
Obama closed the government down
etc etc etc.

Old 11-02-2014, 08:23 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
My previous post was deleted for "copyright violation" since I cut and pasted the text to save viewers from popup ads. Note that you will see some popup ads if you view this link - but it's worth it to understand the liberal mindset.

Here is the link to the webpage.

How to Debate a liberal: The Manual to Debating a Liberal

Glad the administrator is watching out for their fellow man, but this work is not copyrighted and is meant to share with others.
A Black conservative is a liberal's worst nightmare.

I've lost count with how many times I've beaten a liberal in a debate(both online and offline). Those steps are good for people who want to learn how to debate with them. Using common sense and facts are always factors to consider.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:38 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
A Black conservative is a liberal's worst nightmare.

I've lost count with how many times I've beaten a liberal in a debate(both online and offline). Those steps are good for people who want to learn how to debate with them. Using common sense and facts are always factors to consider.
I debate a lot of folks here. I love it when they use facts. Please!

Except heres the thing. Often the facts used are something they read in a right wing blog.

Or a recent example-using a 1997 report on welfare to argue that a specific city was spending less on welfare.....ignoring that the year is 2014.

Or attributing the unemployment rate during the recession to the increase in people receiving help (IE swapping cause and effect).

Or conveniently cherry picking data, or dates.

Why does this occur? Sometimes its deliberate, but mostly its them regurgitating what they are told without actually investigating on their own.

Please, feel free to debate me with real facts! Im not 100% liberal as I find some of their positions foolish, but im not conservative either. I base my opinions on facts....but rarely do conservatives base theirs on factual reality. If you are one of them, please post more.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:47 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
How to debate a liberal:

Step 1: Use conservatively biased media and data
Step 2: Ignore reality
Step 3: Call them names
Step 4: Repeat
There's an old legal saying:
When you have the truth on your side, argue the truth. When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have neither on your side, pound the table.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:51 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
How to debate a liberal:

Step 1: Use conservatively biased media and data
Step 2: Ignore reality
Step 3: Call them names
Step 4: Repeat

And republican do the exact same thing

Old 11-02-2014, 10:54 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
My engineering degree looks pretty nice on my wall right there.
But it doesn't overcome the Gold Star of Stupidity you earned when you voted for Obama not once but twice.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:58 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
But it doesn't overcome the Gold Star of Stupidity you earned when you voted for Obama not once but twice.
If it's stupidity then it's on you for electing Romney. Elect a better candidate next time. That gold star is on you.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:07 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,279,468 times
I swear, every time a Republican quotes something about "liberals" it only makes the party look more ignorant than i "hope" they really are.

Republicans attribute all of the positive characteristics had by liberals to themselves. My fave from this article:

"Conservatives are also generally more classy, relaxed, and well-mannered than their liberal counterparts, so they often do not know how to respond to such viciousness."

Not on this forum they're not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies