Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 08:33 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,084 times

Advertisements

Agree with Volobjectitarian, if you have no faith in the R or D they give you to pick from, cast your vote for a 3rd party candidate. Every vote that doesn't go to an establishment candidate will increase the totals for our other options. Seeing higher numbers of 3rd party candidates getting votes will help other people realize they don't only have two choices in the ballot booth.

There are a good number of Libertarians on my ticket today, so I can show my support for them. They have no chance at winning, but if they can continue to pull a bigger percentage each election, more people might finally see they have other options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 08:54 AM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Sounds about right. You're in Ohio right? So I assume you'll be writing (or already did) Charlie Earl's name in for governor?
No. He wasn't listed as a choice, which made my candidacy as known to voters as his, so I wrote in my name. Guaranteed I am a better libertarian.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
No. He wasn't listed as a choice, which made my candidacy as known to voters as his, so I wrote in my name. Guaranteed I am a better libertarian.

LOL! I just may do the same!

Old 11-04-2014, 09:11 AM

675 posts, read 544,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Everything is not controlled by Wall Street. If it was, and with what you are saying about money being so important, they would not waste billions of dollars on elections. If it's not going to matter who wins because you control it anyway, then it's a complete waste of money to run massive political campaigns.
This doesn't make any sense.

Politicians get all sorts of benefits and kickbacks from holding office and being in bed with Wall Street. So it makes clear sense as to why they would spend a ton of money on campaigns.

Quote:
Not really. Nobody designed the two party system. If the two party system was a joke and didn't work, then there wouldn't be a two party system. Evidently enough people feel that their interests are promoted by one party or the other, or there would be more parties.
You are missing the point. If you are not affiliated with one of those parties you have zero chance of winning an election.

Quote:
And you know this how, exactly? Where is your proof?
Because Wall Street and Big Money runs the world. You can not get far in politics without being a good ol boy and selling your soul to the devil.

How old are you? Surely you can't be so naive.

Quote:
True. And you know what else? Water is wet.

If you want to get far in any profession at all, you have to know how to play the game. That's the way life works. You're not making some insightful comment about politics here. You're just stating the blindingly obvious.
The game is crooked. Thats the point.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
LOL! I just may do the same!
Had Kasich not gone liberal in his middle two years to prove his welfare state cred in our increasingly collectivist state, I'd have given him my vote. But today, I think I was the better candidate for governor.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:15 AM

675 posts, read 544,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Agree with Volobjectitarian, if you have no faith in the R or D they give you to pick from, cast your vote for a 3rd party candidate. Every vote that doesn't go to an establishment candidate will increase the totals for our other options. Seeing higher numbers of 3rd party candidates getting votes will help other people realize they don't only have two choices in the ballot booth.

There are a good number of Libertarians on my ticket today, so I can show my support for them. They have no chance at winning, but if they can continue to pull a bigger percentage each election, more people might finally see they have other options.
It is not about having faith in either party, it is about knowing politicians / politics are corrupt and dirty as can be. Wall Street / Money come first over the people.

Hence the complete waste of time it is to vote.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Had Kasich not gone liberal in his middle two years to prove his welfare state cred in our increasingly collectivist state, I'd have given him my vote. But today, I think I was the better candidate for governor.

What did it for me is the d*** move the republicans in the Ohio Senate pulled in passing the bill to not allow 3rd parties on the ballot. Attempting to rig the game in his favor in an attempt to restrict our choices of who to vote for. Gee do you think that he and his neocon buddies felt a bit threatened by the growing presence of libertarians in our state?

Old 11-04-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
What did it for me is the d*** move the republicans in the Ohio Senate pulled in passing the bill to not allow 3rd parties on the ballot. Attempting to rig the game in his favor in an attempt to restrict our choices of who to vote for. Gee do you think that he and his neocon buddies felt a bit threatened by the growing presence of libertarians in our state?
Kasich lost me when he was faced with the same kind of challenges as Walker in WI, but went total coward in the face of it, unlike Walker. Then he went all "moderate" for two years, then came back to sorta conservative for the election.

Dude is too shifty to trust, and he's a fan of increasing the welfare state. True, better than anyone in the actual race, but not better than me, at least in my opinion.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Kasich lost me when he was faced with the same kind of challenges as Walker in WI, but went total coward in the face of it, unlike Walker. Then he went all "moderate" for two years, then came back to sorta conservative for the election.

Dude is too shifty to trust, and he's a fan of increasing the welfare state. True, better than anyone in the actual race, but not better than me, at least in my opinion.

Yeah he and DeWine are both sheisters!

Old 11-04-2014, 09:54 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post
It is not about having faith in either party, it is about knowing politicians / politics are corrupt and dirty as can be. Wall Street / Money come first over the people.

Hence the complete waste of time it is to vote.
You think the last 6 years would have been the same had 2008 ended up with McCain and an R Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies