Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 02:35 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
It's 2014, in South Carolina party will top race any day of the week.

And South Carolina's approach to to economic development isn't fostering an environment where small business can thrive, it's to deliver major tax breaks and poor labor protections to large corporations.
As a small business owner here in South Carolina, I respectfully disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 02:42 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
It's 2014, in South Carolina party will top race any day of the week.

And South Carolina's approach to to economic development isn't fostering an environment where small business can thrive, it's to deliver major tax breaks and poor labor protections to large corporations.

LOL. I think it's funny that you liberals are coming up with all kind of flimsy excuses because you got you butts handed to you yesterday. Such as that BS you put out above.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:48 PM

680 posts, read 1,034,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Weird....he LOOKS black, but certainly can't be.

White southerners are racists, so there's no way that a black man, especially a republican, could be elected in South Carolina, right?

The dems NEVER sent a black person to the senate from the south.

Please explain.
Don't do this unless you want him to get Palanized by the "tolerant left". Conservative minded minorities and women are a huge threat to some people.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:04 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
LOL. I think it's funny that you liberals are coming up with all kind of flimsy excuses because you got you butts handed to you yesterday. Such as that BS you put out above.
How is that an excuse? There was no question that Scott would win.

Party usually tops all in SC politics. The fact that Gov. Haley only got 56% of the vote shows how unpopular she is in that reddest of red states.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
How is that an excuse? There was no question that Scott would win.

Party usually tops all in SC politics. The fact that Gov. Haley only got 56% of the vote shows how unpopular she is in that reddest of red states.

More ignorance! SC is not the reddest of red states, it is closer to 50/50 if you look at the Presidential election results. It elected an Indian Governor and a black Senator who won by an astounding amount of votes. Your attempt to make things look bad is not working. Your nit picking is ridiculous.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:18 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I love it when people like you lose big, it makes it really easy to see just how hateful and ignorant you really are. Please, continue attacking people who defeated you.
Opin_Yunated does know who he is and does actually know the definition of what a Liberal is. Unlike many self Identified Liberals and Conservatives here, who don't even know their ideals are the opposite of what they think they are

Old 11-05-2014, 03:21 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
More ignorance! SC is not the reddest of red states, it is closer to 50/50 if you look at the Presidential election results. It elected an Indian Governor and a black Senator who won by an astounding amount of votes. Your attempt to make things look bad is not working. Your nit picking is ridiculous.
I'm not trying to make things look bad. Believe me, I know the politics and on a local/state level it is extremely red outside of the small downtowns and black majority rural areas. The only mention of race seems to come from the Republicans on these forums who feel the need to scream from the rooftops that they aren't racist because they elected a black Senator and an Indian Governor.

I'd argue that race never entered the picture because: A) Both Scott and Haley are conservative Republicans and; B) in Haley's case she's a Christian with an anglicized name.

Old 11-05-2014, 03:26 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
I'm not trying to make things look bad. Believe me, I know the politics and on a local/state level it is extremely red outside of the small downtowns and black majority rural areas. The only mention of race seems to come from the Republicans on these forums who feel the need to scream from the rooftops that they aren't racist because they elected a black Senator and an Indian Governor.

I'd argue that race never entered the picture because: A) Both Scott and Haley are conservative Republicans and; B) in Haley's case she's a Christian with an anglicized name.
You should check out the thread of the liberal claiming that anyone opposing Obama is a white supremacist if you think it's only Republicans talking about race.

Point of fact, there were people on this board saying Tim Scott wouldn't be elected in South Carolina because he is black. I even posted the thread with those claims a few posts back. That narrative was obviously false. We care about what a person does and not the color of his skin in South Carolina and Tim Scott's election was further proof of that. But hey, let's see what Tim Scott himself says about it. Note his comments on his race in this article.

South Carolina black senator makes history - CNN.com

Old 11-05-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:

Conservatives are naturally going to vote for the people that believe the same way they do. I don't see them voting for radical leftists, and if Haley and Scott had lost the elections, the liberals would be crying about how SC is so behind the times and the most racists state in the union. Both won so you have to make up other excuses why SC politics are so disgraceful. With liberals it's damned if you do and damned if you don't. Ignorance is the key.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:03 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,669 times
Nope he is BLACK and thinks white people like him. Darn Darn Darn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies