Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 12:45 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times

Advertisements

Dear Obambots,

You had everything going your way, you were cocky that a new Obama era was dawning and fundamental change was inevitable. After the election yesterday, the Repubs will have their largest House since before WW II and the Repubs crushed the Dems to now control the Senate.

So do you want your Dear Leader to veto everything that's submitted or do you want to see Obama compromise with the Congress to get things done?

Has Dear Leader met your expectations?

I'm not sure what Obama will do. He could learn much by looking at what Reagan and Clinton did to compromise with a Congress of the opposing party to get things done....will he learn from them or is he too much an ideologue that wants to destroy the 50% that have an opposing view?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-05-2014 at 04:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 01:01 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Dear Leader now speaking. He looks angry and is making the point that the USA is now on a good track...on that I mostly agree. I just hope he acts IAW what he is saying.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:05 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Im thinking that this will pave the way for either Elizabeth Warren or Hillary Clinton to become the first female President of the United States.

I cant wait.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:09 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Dear Leader now speaking. He looks angry and is making the point that the USA is now on a good track...on that I mostly agree. I just hope he acts IAW what he is saying.
Which is why I think people are generally stupid.

The economy is booming compared to the rest of the world, the jobless rate is below 6%

And yet 70% say we are on the wrong track? bwhahaha

What planet were yall on 6 years ago?

Old 11-05-2014, 01:14 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

The economy is booming compared to the rest of the world, the jobless rate is below 6%

The jobless rate often doesn't consider the people who ended up settling for part time work or have given up looking altogether.

Why The 'Real' Unemployment Rate Is Higher Than You Think - Forbes

Old 11-05-2014, 01:20 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
They are probably thinking "oh hey we had it our way for 6 years...lets demonstrate to the right what that feels like.

And they prepare to filibuster and veto all the crazy.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:24 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Your post is evidence of that general stupidity you reference.

The officially published unemployment rate, measured as people unemployed, looking for work and collecting unemployment benefits, is below 7%. That is not the jobless rate. The jobless rate is the number people not working who could be, which is better referred to as the labor force participation rate. That measure of how many people are actually working is at its lowest point since 1978. The percentage of people not working is actually closer to 28% --> link: Labor Force Participation Rate September 2014 - Business Insider

Compared to what rest of the world is the US economy booming? I think Brazil, China and India might have some quibble with that statement.

Three cycles of QE also have a great deal to do with the illusion of our "booming economy" but the tab for that party will come due soon enough, as the central bank for all the central banks has advised manually popping some bubbles before the illusion's ability to wreck things gets too far out of hand.

In foreign policy, we haven't been this far off track since the Carter admin, and we have a law that forces Americans to engage in commerce because they are alive.

Plenty of wrong track stuff going on.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:27 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,468 times
Good things are now going to start happening with the good guys in power. The only thing that would make it better is if Romney would have been elected this would be a truly great country again.
obama has screwed the pooch but we'll get it working again now that dirty harry has been relegated to janitor.
Sit back ye of little faith, watch how it is supposed to be done.. Prosperity and harmony are on the way.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:30 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Good things are now going to start happening with the good guys in power. The only thing that would make it better is if Romney would have been elected this would be a truly great country again.
obama has screwed the pooch but we'll get it working again now that dirty harry has been relegated to janitor.
Sit back ye of little faith, watch how it is supposed to be done.. Prosperity and harmony are on the way.
Is this sarcasm...?

I'm having a hard time detecting if it is.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:32 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Your post is evidence of that general stupidity you reference.

The officially published unemployment rate, measured as people unemployed, looking for work and collecting unemployment benefits, is below 7%. That is not the jobless rate. The jobless rate is the number people not working who could be, which is better referred to as the labor force participation rate. That measure of how many people are actually working is at its lowest point since 1978. The percentage of people not working is actually closer to 28% --> link: Labor Force Participation Rate September 2014 - Business Insider

Compared to what rest of the world is the US economy booming? I think Brazil, China and India might have some quibble with that statement.

Three cycles of QE also have a great deal to do with the illusion of our "booming economy" but the tab for that party will come due soon enough, as the central bank for all the central banks has advised manually popping some bubbles before the illusion's ability to wreck things gets too far out of hand.

In foreign policy, we haven't been this far off track since the Carter admin, and we have a law that forces Americans to engage in commerce because they are alive.

Plenty of wrong track stuff going on.
Hmmm thats hilarious. I love how you point to labor force participation rate, and go on about how the following countries are doing better....when they actually aren't.

Indias "employment rate" is....56%
Brazils 54.8%
china 63.1 (down from 80)
US-62.7%

So yeah, let them quibble on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies