Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2014, 09:19 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,346,043 times

Advertisements

It'll happen so slowly you won't even know it happened.
Once we get a Hispanic Governor, it'll be complete and it will be so business as usual, we still won't know that it happened.
That's the plan. Give it a couple of more generations and then Hispanics will be a majority race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 12:01 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Do you even live in this state? Spanish is practically de rigueur.
Lived my whole life in CA. Mandarin is increasingly required for jobs along with English and Spanish. Employers want people to be trilingual or they're not interested.

Do you have any knowledge of geopolitics? Compare Mexico and China. Mexico can't control all of its own territory, does not have nukes much less nukes pointed at the US, and does not have the world's third largest military. Mexico does not have an imperial mindset. While there are similarities between the former problem China had with warlords and Mexico's current problems with cartels, the warlord problem in China has not existed since the 1930s. China has the means, the ability, and the will to exercise their own "manifest destiny". Why wouldn't they want to protect their interests. They practically own California. When CA, or the US as a whole, go broke, the PLA will be here to collect their debt.

Mexico does not have that ability.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
Once we get a Hispanic Governor, it'll be complete and it will be so business as usual, we still won't know that it happened.
That's the plan. Give it a couple of more generations and then Hispanics will be a majority race.
You're assuming that by that time there will be a clear differentiation between Hispanic and non-Hispanic white. A differentiation that even now is crumbling. In a couple generations it could be nonexistent.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. Tho we should've taken ALL of Mexico in 1848, I'm sorry the US only took half.

Too; IF the US has to give up its land to England, then Mexico needs to be given BACK to Spain. I can just hear the howls over THAT.
Do you think the US would have wanted to deal with the Mayan areas?

Old 11-07-2014, 12:08 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,409,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain1950s View Post
Even a UC professor believes in and actively supports the Reconquista. He's "educating" our children.

When I worked for Jack in the Box in San Diego, I came to learn that a decent fraction of the HR staff were La Raza members. One of the companies secret guiding principals was: Someday Mexico will take over Southern California and we will be the pre established quick service restaurant venue of choice for Mexicans when that occurs.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:45 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,609,332 times
mexico doesn't want california

Old 11-07-2014, 06:37 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Lived my whole life in CA. Mandarin is increasingly required for jobs along with English and Spanish. Employers want people to be trilingual or they're not interested.

Do you have any knowledge of geopolitics? Compare Mexico and China. Mexico can't control all of its own territory, does not have nukes much less nukes pointed at the US, and does not have the world's third largest military. Mexico does not have an imperial mindset. While there are similarities between the former problem China had with warlords and Mexico's current problems with cartels, the warlord problem in China has not existed since the 1930s. China has the means, the ability, and the will to exercise their own "manifest destiny". Why wouldn't they want to protect their interests. They practically own California. When CA, or the US as a whole, go broke, the PLA will be here to collect their debt.

Mexico does not have that ability.
China; probably not. It's working age pop is going down in real numbers, in other words, the people there are getting old real fast. Kinda like Japan of 20 years ago.

If Chian TRIED to take down the US using their army; nukes WILL fly plus China will have to deal with many other countries closer to home like Japan and S Korea as well.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:32 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
Yep, they are taking over via illegal immigration and anchor babies. The Reconquista crowd are salivating over it. Hispanic isn't a race but an ethnic culture and if the trend continues we will lose our identifying culture and language. I object to that when much of it will occur via lawlessness.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:59 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't care what language one chooses to speak in the privacy of their own home but I have noticed that Hispanics nearly always choose to speak Spanish in public even when they know English. It is true that many parts of Calif. do feel like a foreign country. Weather isn't everything. A sense of belonging is more important to me.
Would you rather have...

A. A middle-aged professional Hispanic couple sitting at a cafe quietly speaking Spanish to each other in a conversation

OR

B. A pack of wild, loud teenagers screaming in English (with profanities flying) as you walk into the market?

I experienced both yesterday.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:02 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain1950s View Post
Even a UC professor believes in and actively supports the Reconquista. He's "educating" our children.

Ah....I see you read Pat Buchanan's book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies