Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 09:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Oh, but it's ok to force ObamaCare on people against their will?
Not as far as I'm concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 09:53 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I think high school graduates should be given three options.

A) Find a full time job that is verified

B) Go to college/university for a degree

C) Join the military
Kids would avoid high school diplomas like the plague.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:54 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
How exactly am I being a hypocrite? I stated that my states GOP followers outlawed abortion, so that they aren't for small government.

I have stated, many times, that I am a small government person, but I have no issue with making 18 year olds work.
It's been clear. You are for small government except for when you aren't, just like those you complain about.

Quote:
I see a difference in the argument. One is for personal liberty, the other is for putting people to work who would otherwise be a drag on society. Both are equal in my opinion. If a mother aborts a fetus for a child who would be a drag on society, its as equal as putting that child to work at 18 if they didn't do anything on their own. Both benefit our society and country.
You have no idea if they would be a drag on society or not.

Quote:
I am not autistic, neither of my children are, and I got all of the military vaccinations. So did my ex, because she was a brat and was overseas.
Are you an effective mingler?

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Freedom & Liberty, has a new definition.
Freedom of choice, Liberty for all. Not dragging on society by doing nothing and feeding on other peoples dimes.

Its not liberty to feed someone who isn't working, isn't looking for work, and has no plans in working, thats slavery by another name.

Either cut off their feed from my tax dollar, or put them to work.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:55 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
LOL, a small percentage of our military truely want to fight for their country. Most just need an opportunity in life and end up thankful to sit stateside.

BTW, what could be more communist than forcing kids to join the military? And it would surely lead to more spending and more aggression overseas, both of which we need like a hole in the head.
well, My brother joined the Marine Corps because he wanted to fight for his country. But then again, he was just a baby back then. I am still in my 20s I have other ways to serve myself and my country (by paying my tax and vote)

Your point? This is exactly my argument: Military should always attract those who truly want to fight for his or her country. Who the hell said forcing kids joining the military. I said "I am AGAINST the idea." DUH!

You cannot turn every street thug, meathead, or loser a Marine. Reality hurts.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:56 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,536,396 times
No. We need hard, strong hitting kids. Not a bunch of fruit fed Momma's boys.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:56 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Kids would avoid high school diplomas like the plague.
Seeing as school is mandatory in most states until they are 18, unless you have a GED or graduate early, I fail to see how they would avoid it. Same rules would apply, you drop out of school at 18 so you don't graduate, find a job, get a GED and go to college, or go into public service.

I should clarify, I said military, but if you want to join the peace corps, or do some other kind of community service, that'd be fine also. As long as you're doing something, not just feeding on society and other tax payers

Old 11-06-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Freedom of choice, Liberty for all. Not dragging on society by doing nothing and feeding on other peoples dimes.

Its not liberty to feed someone who isn't working, isn't looking for work, and has no plans in working, thats slavery by another name.

Either cut off their feed from my tax dollar, or put them to work.
Hitler created a great army during peacetime; then he thought, what am I going to do with all these fine soldiers?

North Korea is very frustrated these days.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:04 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Hitler created a great army during peacetime; then he thought, what am I going to do with all these fine soldiers?

North Korea is very frustrated these days.
Hitler was a mental patient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies